Atlanta
✟18,695.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Still a very new Christian. An old friend reached out to me with marriage/relationship advice. I followed my first instinct and promised to read Ephesians and get back to her. Simply put this female friend (I'm a man) is questioning whether GOD intended for biblical encouragement about marriage to apply to Christians today. Without need to share details, herself and the men she's been dating are completely living in darkness. (with regards to their romantic behavior.)

The simple answer is yes right? GOD modernized the way to live with Jesus and that's it. Where should I look for good scripture to encourage a single mother who is struggling with loneliness and irresponsible ways of courting a husband? What I'd like to communicate is that yes her happiness is contingent upon putting GOD first in her pursuit of relationships. Also, I'd like to communicate that GOD wants her to find a man who will lead her in doing so.

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Still a very new Christian. An old friend reached out to me with marriage/relationship advice. I followed my first instinct and promised to read Ephesians and get back to her. Simply put this female friend (I'm a man) is questioning whether GOD intended for biblical encouragement about marriage to apply to Christians today. Without need to share details, herself and the men she's been dating are completely living in darkness. (with regards to their romantic behavior.)

The simple answer is yes right? GOD modernized the way to live with Jesus and that's it. Where should I look for good scripture to encourage a single mother who is struggling with loneliness and irresponsible ways of courting a husband? What I'd like to communicate is that yes her happiness is contingent upon putting GOD first in her pursuit of relationships. Also, I'd like to communicate that GOD wants her to find a man who will lead her in doing so.
Ephesians is a good start.

The vertical relationship with God needs to be taken care of first. Then the interpersonal relationships should take care of themselves more easily.

Upvote 0

Waggles

Acts 2:38
Site Supporter
Feb 7, 2017
South Oz
Visit site
✟112,244.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Widowed
Not real sure what you are saying here.That scripture and God can be changed to suit modern times.
Flow with the current. Bend with the wind. Accommodate unbelief?

It doesn't work that way. The moral Law of God is written for our survival and salvation. The rules
do not and cannot change. Sin is sin. Same yesterday and today.

Preach the gospel to your friend. Introduce her to Jesus and his righteousness. Help her to understand
that there is a better way that does not bring harm upon oneself.
Look up scriptures on sex, marriage and family and go through them together to see how and why
they bring benefits to a disciple.
God rewards faith. This is where the blessings are.

Nave's Topical Bible has all the scriptures under various headings like
Marriage, Wedding; Husband; Fornication; etc, etc.

Upvote 0