Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I like to do my art, read, have good conversations, watch movies or tv. Just discovered some great British shows. Listen to music.
Yes, it's good to be able to approach creativity from several angles, right?

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Watching movies and TV shows while playing Free Rice. I keep two windows open where I watch something on one and play on the other. Watching a 22-minute episode keeps me entertained enough to collect 10,000 grains.
A multitasker, right? :)

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
In my spare time I enjoy writing short stories, going to the cinema, surfing the Internet, spending time with family and friends, getting tattoos now and again, going to church and photography. :)

"now and again"; yes, in fact, quite regularly, I guess!

For me, a regular, essential passtime would be Bible reading.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Gardening & drawing :)
Do you guys have much of a garden? or maybe you prefer to use window boxes, etc.?

Up here, the advantage of a garden in summer is offset by the need to do snow clearance in winter...

I drew things years ago and enjoyed it, but don't seem to have gotten into it again in recent years.

Upvote 0

DW1989

Apr 5, 2016
chili pasta, oregano
✟7,829.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
We have a HUGE garden. Everything you could think of we have, except bananas. We have a greenhouse we heat over the winter with our wood furnace that also heats our house. Lord & burnham 14x24 greenhouse we got for free from landscaping a ladies house, which took days. Wasn't very fun cleaning her fish ponds, but worth it. I enjoy drawing, not as good at pencil drawing (I think), I favor charcoal & pastel more. But I enjoy doing it, probably not the best at it, but its fun.

Reactions: faroukfarouk
Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Do you speak Japanese or do you enjoy writing or reading Japanese? Its so interesting.
If I were younger, Japanese is the sort of language I would like to learn also.

Spanish is a very useful language to learn. Often it can be good to learn a language by reading over and over an already familiar passage of Scripture in it, such as John chapter 1.

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
We have a HUGE garden. Everything you could think of we have, except bananas. We have a greenhouse we heat over the winter with our wood furnace that also heats our house. Lord & burnham 14x24 greenhouse we got for free from landscaping a ladies house, which took days. Wasn't very fun cleaning her fish ponds, but worth it. I enjoy drawing, not as good at pencil drawing (I think), I favor charcoal & pastel more. But I enjoy doing it, probably not the best at it, but its fun.
My wife is more the gardener than I am. I do mow the lawn, though these days it's more back-breaking than it used to be.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

DW1989

Apr 5, 2016
chili pasta, oregano
✟7,829.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
My wife is more the gardener than I am. I do mow the lawn, though these days it's more back-breaking than it used to be.
My husband is the landscaper I'm the gardener. I can't hold a weed wacker as long as he does, it hurts my arms, so I leave it to him.

Reactions: faroukfarouk
Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
My husband is the landscaper I'm the gardener. I can't hold a weed wacker as long as he does, it hurts my arms, so I leave it to him.
Well, if you guys can make the distinction between landscaping and gardening, then you must have quite an acreage of land there...

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
... do you enjoy writing or reading Japanese? Its so interesting.
PS: Did you learn any other languages yet?

Up here in Canada, we are supposed to be a bilingual country English/French, although the proportion of bilingual people varies enormously from one province to another.

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Sort of. This is one of the few instances of multitasking that I am good at. Plus it's like listening to radio plays with glances of the visual action. It certainly makes collecting rice a whole lot less boring and repetitive.
LOL :)

Upvote 0