Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
WE ARE WRONG. THE LAW IS GOOD AND RIGHT. WE NEED THE LAW TO KNOW WHAT IS GOOD AND RIGHT SO THAT WE CAN KNOW THAT WE NEED GOD'S FORGIVENESS; JESUS.

• Winner
Reactions: HappyHope
Upvote 0

Petros2015

Jun 23, 2016
undisclosed Bunker
✟289,962.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
The problem is not the Law;
The problem is the people
The better the hearts of the people, the less laws you need
The best people would need NO laws; the only law they needed, they would carry in their hearts
The worse the hearts of the people, the more laws you need
(and no amount of laws will change their hearts)

So... how many laws do we have today?
That should tell you something ;)

• Winner
Reactions: HappyHope
Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟380,260.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Law was never meant to be a means of salvation as only God Himself could perfectly keep it..

It was meant to convince mankind for the need of a saviour, as all are condemned under the Law.

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
A: ...the law condemns

Q: Why does it condemn?

A: What's wrong?

Q: What about the spirit of the Law?

A: Who is that?
The law reinforces the simple fact that we are not worthy of eternal life on our own accord. None is worthy of it in the least and nothing we can do can fix it or pay the debt.

Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Not trying to be anything here but.. didn't the holy Spirit really talk about this through Paul to the Hebrews? I guess if we all lived in Israel might be a different story but.. I for one Israel the law on the out side is like night and day. Seems loving Him first in everything and loving those around me...I find I am keeping the law that He already fulfilled. Before Christ showed me to me what I really was sinner.

Through Christ righteousness holiness period.

For Trigger 45

Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟353,405.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

Why is this in the Clean Christian Jokes? Is this a joke?

• Agree
Reactions: Tigger45
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Gottservant

God loves your words, may men love them also
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2006
✟276,687.00
Faith
Messianic
Why is this in the Clean Christian Jokes? Is this a joke?

If you think "it's a law" and you joke or laugh, then its funny.

Only someone who has been forgiven, can understand that the law does not merely condemn.

The typical sinner, looks for someone to blame: so blame me for making fun!

(It's sort of like saying 'the law has taught me how to laugh, properly")

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Daniel Marsh

Jun 28, 2015
Livingston County, MI, US
✟199,779.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

"In the same way that we use an American-style toilet, a Roman user would sit down, take care of business, and watch number two float blissfully away down the sewer system. But instead of reaching for a roll of toilet paper, an ancient Roman would often grab a tersorium (or, in my technical terms, a “toilet brush for your butt”). A tersorium is an ingenious little device made by attaching a natural sponge (from the Mediterranean Sea, of course) to the end of a stick. Our ancient Roman would simply wipe him- or herself, rinse the tersorium in whatever was available (running water and/or a bucket of vinegar or salt water), and leave it for the next person to use. That’s right, it was a shared butt cleaner. (And of course, there were other means of wiping as well, such as the use of abrasive ceramic discs called pessoi.)"What Did Ancient Romans Do Without Toilet Paper?

A joke I played one Thanksgiving, I hid all the Toilet Paper. I have family members who insist if it is not in the Bible.... So, I put Three buckets in the Bathroom and a pamphlet on the Biblical Way to wipe after going number two. There were three buckets of different colors. One had Vinegar water, second soapy water and freshwater. First, clean the stick with a rage in vinegar bucked, then in soapy water and then in fresh water and use it. That is how you wash your hands too.

Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟353,405.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
"In the same way that we use an American-style toilet, a Roman user would sit down, take care of business, and watch number two float blissfully away down the sewer system. But instead of reaching for a roll of toilet paper, an ancient Roman would often grab a tersorium (or, in my technical terms, a “toilet brush for your butt”). A tersorium is an ingenious little device made by attaching a natural sponge (from the Mediterranean Sea, of course) to the end of a stick. Our ancient Roman would simply wipe him- or herself, rinse the tersorium in whatever was available (running water and/or a bucket of vinegar or salt water), and leave it for the next person to use. That’s right, it was a shared butt cleaner. (And of course, there were other means of wiping as well, such as the use of abrasive ceramic discs called pessoi.)"What Did Ancient Romans Do Without Toilet Paper?

A joke I played one Thanksgiving, I hid all the Toilet Paper. I have family members who insist if it is not in the Bible.... So, I put Three buckets in the Bathroom and a pamphlet on the Biblical Way to wipe after going number two. There were three buckets of different colors. One had Vinegar water, second soapy water and freshwater. First, clean the stick with a rage in vinegar bucked, then in soapy water and then in fresh water and use it. That is how you wash your hands too.
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEW

Upvote 0

marc b

Nov 2, 2020
Ottawa, Ontario
✟18,046.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
There's nothing wrong with the law. What is wrong is our sinful nature. Whereas Jesus upheld the law, we on the other hand couldn't. The more we knew what was wrong, the more sin used that knowledge to break the law. It's the curse of the Tree of Knowledge all over again.

Upvote 0