What's wrong with Jesus?

Originally posted by Br. Max
Martin: have you ever seen some of the things Talmud has to say about Jesus . . . . WOW talk about NASTY!!

Br. Max, have you researched this topic, or are you relying on second hand info from anti-Semitic websites?

A small web search will turn up information such as this http://www.angelfire.com/mt/talmud/jesus.html if you're interested in finding it.

Upvote 0

dignitized

Aug 5, 2005
✟29,618.00
Matthew: egads NO thank you. I could not take seriously in any way anything posted on an angelfire website. NOR do I frequent anti-semetic websites - I'm not the type into self loathing . . . .

I have done some research but mainly I am using information I have gained from a friend who is a rabbi who accepted the Lord.

Reactions: Aaron112
Upvote 0
Originally posted by Br. Max
Matthew: egads NO thank you. I could not take seriously in any way anything posted on an angelfire website.

I wouldn't dismiss it so easily, e4specially without reading it first.
I know the guy who runs it from another discussion board; he's smart and extremely knowledgeable.

I'd give it a look. It helped me out.

Upvote 0

Aaron112

Dec 19, 2022
TULSA
✟52,739.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Based on all the things that the Gentiles were doing and saying, the Jews had no choice but to reject the new faith, because that is what the teachings of God had warned them to flee from.
Amen.

Upvote 0

Aaron112

Dec 19, 2022
TULSA
✟52,739.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
As for many of the historical accounts that have been quoted throughout this thread thus far - I would say that none of them have been of the will of God. The crusades? That was something that the Pope, a man made position in a denomination steeped in man made traditions, said would be a good idea. That was not God's will. The holocost? The writings of Martin Luther? Neither of those expressed the will of God either. Just because someone can rip a quote out of context from the Bible, or through some flawed logic arrive at some conclusion that seems to be based on Scripture, that does not make it the will of God.

I truly believe that if all were to come together and follow the Scriptures in context, without denominational teaching, then we would be living and worshipping as God would have us to do.

An a final quick note (I've got to finish reading through this thread) I don't think that anyone who has ever taken action against Jews to be fulfilling the will of God. Granted I do not know every single account of history or is context, but as far as I know the justification of using Scripture to persecute any people has never been according to the will of God, but rather to some man who was trying to persuade the masses to complete some objective of his own.
Grievous history of religion.

Upvote 0

Aaron112

Dec 19, 2022
TULSA
✟52,739.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Why are Jewish people so offended by Jesus Christ? I have Jewish friends and just a mention of Jesus makes them cringe. Has He done anything wrong according to the New Testament?
One Jewish man last century said that he rejected the 'Jesus' of religion because the stories told did not agree with Scripture.
One day, an old man living in mountains(in a city there) in Europe
prayed for God to send a Jew to him to help, God Willing, because the old man was too old and too poor to go traveling.
Richard Wurmbrant is the man God brought to his door.
The old man was a faithful and true Christian, and explained from Scripture in truth everything concerning the Messiah, Jesus, and the old man's life and words were consistent with all Richard knew of Scripture, and Richard rejoiced to be saved then, knowing the true Jesus without stories contrary to Scripture. Richard said in print that he considered it perfectly right for his Jewish brethren to reject the false Jesus,
and prayed that they might find out about and be saved by the truth, the true Jesus.

Upvote 0