Martinez
✟903,186.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Why does most of Christian music sound so horrible? Most of the so called 'Christian music' that you find is some guy singing with effeminate voice. It's the worst music I've ever heard. And those types songs like Hillsong get millions or even hundreds of millions of views on Youtube. In fact some of it is so bad that I believe the devil is behind it.

This is what real Christian music should be like:

Or this:
Interesting. While I was researching congregations, one had a warning about their music. Pretty sure I will not be attending.

Attachments

• why-is-it-so-loud-tfh.pdf
    55.4 KB · Views: 3
Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
I personally like me a little Slipnot sometimes, along with Disturbed, Three Days Grace, Breaking Benjamin, but also like to listen to me some Carrie Underwood, Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire sometimes, etc, etc, and I like to listen to KLove, my mother who passed was a big fan of it, and I really like it, regardless of what any of you say, etc, it got us both through some very tough times, etc, and I also love me some 70's and 80's music sometimes also, 90's also, since that's what I grew up with in High School, I'm into pretty much all of it sometimes, etc, and I'm all over the place sometimes, and I like it all, etc, just depends on my mood, etc...

You should just see all my Pandora Playlists, etc, I have a premium account and have compiled quite the collection/selection, etc... Too many individual artists to list though...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

TheWhat?

Ate all the treats
Jul 3, 2021
SoCal
✟38,935.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I also love me some 70's and 80's music sometimes also, 90's also, since that's what I grew up with in High School, I'm into pretty much all of it sometimes, etc, and I'm all over the place sometimes, and I like it all, etc, just depends on my mood, etc...

You should just see all my Pandora Playlists, etc, I have a premium account and have compiled quite the collection/selection, etc... Too many individual artists to list though...

Neogaia777 said:
I often choose music in particular based on my mood or desires at the time, and I think you'd be very, very surprised by my extremely broad range in it, etc...

That more or less describes me. I'm less of an avid Pandora listener than I used to be, but their algorithm works, and I do still listen now and then. I have a wide array of different channels and interests.

I don't think any of it is any more or less ever right or else wrong at the time ever, or ever at all ever, etc...

I don't like to get on any one's case about music. Usually it's not much of an issue, but then you have those more extreme cases like having to go to work at a 9 to 5, and they don't change the music. That can be awful when you're made to listen to things to the extent that it starts to play tricks on your mind. And how about the dining establishments these days? I seem to recall a time when you could go and eat a meal with maybe some subtle music playing if not peace and quiet. Now it's all about the experience.

I'm not so inclined to see philosophy as applicable to christians, but the ancients apparently did think you could tell a lot about a society by its arts. That's something I've picked up over the years, watching how music changes with the times. As for christians though I always just thought our preferences should be different in some way, or should naturally change.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
That more or less describes me. I'm less of an avid Pandora listener than I used to be, but their algorithm works, and I do still listen now and then. I have a wide array of different channels and interests.

I don't like to get on any one's case about music. Usually it's not much of an issue, but then you have those more extreme cases like having to go to work at a 9 to 5, and they don't change the music. That can be awful when you're made to listen to things to the extent that it starts to play tricks on your mind. And how about the dining establishments these days? I seem to recall a time when you could go and eat a meal with maybe some subtle music playing if not peace and quiet. Now it's all about the experience.

I'm not so inclined to see philosophy as applicable to christians, but the ancients apparently did think you could tell a lot about a society by its arts. That's something I've picked up over the years, watching how music changes with the times. As for christians though I always just thought our preferences should be different in some way, or should naturally change.
To that very last part, "why", etc...? Or maybe "how" maybe, etc...?

And music is also not the only the art also, but music is almost the only thing left for me that I can handle or tolerate anymore, etc...

And, I'm also worried about how you also said "starts messing with your mind"...? What did you mean by that, etc...? Do you have problems with that all of the time...? Or maybe even worse yet, with just about everything all of the time...? I'm just concerned, etc...

And I do believe the ancients were right about a society and it's art, etc, but except for music right now, I might not be very much "in tune" (no pun intended) with the rest of society as it's about all of it that I have left now, etc...

Hope you are OK...

Anytime you want to talk, we could do it in private maybe, just PM me anytime you like, if you ever do, OK...?

Peace

God Bless!

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟947,218.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
As for christians though I always just thought our preferences should be different in some way, or should naturally change.

My music tastes have changed. I can't listen to the things I once did. There was a time I enjoyed heavy metal and hard rock but it doesn't resonate now. I like softer tunes. I've always loved classical and now I've moved towards French cafe jazz.

I prefer a gentle mood and don't connect with the angst and darkness prevalent in certain genres. Or somberness either. Within the types I enjoy there are songs I never play. They're too depressing and I'm not in that place.

~bella

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
My music tastes have changed. I can't listen to the things I once did. There was a time I enjoyed heavy metal and hard rock but it doesn't resonate now. I like softer tunes. I've always loved classical and now I've moved towards French cafe jazz.

I prefer a gentle mood and don't connect with the angst and darkness prevalent in certain genres. Or somberness either. Within the types I enjoy there are songs I never play. They're too depressing and I'm not in that place.

~bella
I'm not really in very many of those places much now anymore either, not in darkness anymore anyway, but sometimes I still like the energy, and sometimes, "sometimes", I occasionally like to be reminded "where I came from" anyway... "Reminiscence" sometimes I guess, stuff I grew up with, etc...

It's really kind of hard to describe where I am now though anyway, it's kind of like "no place" but yet also maybe "all places" at the same time maybe, if that makes any kind of sense at all, etc...?

It maybe kind of feels like "travel" I guess you could say when I engage with it sometimes maybe...? And again, if that makes any kind of sense either, or at all also, etc...

I'm just "neutral" now anymore when I'm not engaged with anything, etc, but for the most part it's a pretty happy and satisfied and content neutral, and not an overly very much sad or depressing one maybe, etc, if that makes any kind of sense at all also maybe, etc...

I guess I just really don't have the words for it I guess...?

If a person were to ask me how it "feels", I wouldn't be able to put any words to it I don't think I guess, etc...?

Anyway,

God Bless!

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟947,218.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
I'm not really in very many of those places much now anymore either, not in darkness anymore anyway, but sometimes I still like the energy, and sometimes, "sometimes", I occasionally like to be reminded "where I came from" anyway... "Reminiscence" sometimes I guess, stuff I grew up with, etc...

I understand what you mean. The energy is intense.

It's really kind of hard to describe where I am now though anyway, it's kind of like "no place" but yet also maybe "all places" at the same time maybe, if that makes any kind of sense at all, etc...?

Same here. But I communicate it through my good vibes thread. If I put it in words it would seem too melodic and perfect. I can't give voice to the joy I feel. Not in its entirety.

It maybe kind of feels like "travel" I guess you could say when I engage with it sometimes maybe...? And again, if that makes any kind of sense either, or at all also, etc...

It does. I've used music to communicate my journey or reflect where I've been.

I'm just "neutral" now anymore when I'm not engaged with anything, etc, but for the most part it's a pretty happy and satisfied and content neutral, and not an overly very much sad or depressing one maybe, etc, if that makes any kind of sense at all also maybe, etc...

Definitely. My contentment feels like bliss. A buttery sweet flow I've come to regard. Peace is magnified. I wouldn't change a thing.

Thank you for sharing. :)

~bella

• Friendly
Reactions: Neogaia777
Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
I understand what you mean. The energy is intense.

Same here. But I communicate it through my good vibes thread. If I put it in words it would seem too melodic and perfect. I can't give voice to the joy I feel. Not in its entirety.

It does. I've used music to communicate my journey or reflect where I've been.

Definitely. My contentment feels like bliss. A buttery sweet flow I've come to regard. Peace is magnified. I wouldn't change a thing.

Thank you for sharing. :)

~bella
Thank you for replying to me @bèlla, I think you have a beautiful soul...

Well said...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Oompa Loompa

Against both police brutality and cop killing.
Jun 4, 2020
Louisiana
✟150,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Why does most of Christian music sound so horrible? Most of the so called 'Christian music' that you find is some guy singing with effeminate voice. It's the worst music I've ever heard. And those types songs like Hillsong get millions or even hundreds of millions of views on Youtube. In fact some of it is so bad that I believe the devil is behind it.

Or this:
Nah man. This is more my style.

• Haha
Reactions: bèlla
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Your just a fool, just a fool, to believe you can change the world!

This hits my heart hard, etc, like a freight train hard, etc...

I could yell the words, most especially the chorus, etc...

I cranked it up loud and sung along to it just a second ago, etc...

God Bless!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

public hermit

social troglodyte
Site Supporter
Aug 20, 2019
East Coast
✟837,587.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I like you. Most of my encounters with you have been positive. You seem like a genuinely cool person. However, that comparison wasn't a good idea Despite the disclaimer, it is still pretty offensive.

The implication is that CCM is an inferior version of 'real popular music'. By extension, the special olympics is an inferior version of the real olympics. The joke works precisely because both ideas are taken to be true.

Yeah, good point. In hindsight, I agree. I would delete it but you've got it there, too. We can just keep as a reminder of bad taste and judgement on my part.

• Friendly
Reactions: Eftsoon
Upvote 0

Psalm 27

Aug 21, 2020
Uk
✟116,943.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
C

Or this:
Christ-ian music should have Christ in it.

Otherwise it’s just another love song, that people may as well be singing to their sweetheart.

Upvote 0

Eftsoon

Mar 26, 2021
London
✟55,992.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yeah, good point. In hindsight, I agree. I would delete it but you've got it there, too. We can just keep as a reminder of bad taste and judgement on my part.

I really really admire that response. I've edited my post.

• Friendly
Reactions: public hermit
Upvote 0