God's Earth
✟263,276.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
It does work that way. That's why all kinds of litigation is ongoing.

It's not supposed to. That is why when it does, it is against the law. But certain pundits tend to focus on those instances and claim that they exemplify the entire concept.

If you control for wealth, then everybody is exactly equally wealthy. That's what "control" means.

It's not a terribly meaningful statement.

Control for everything other than race. Take the averages from nationwide statistics. You will see that race is a factor then.

Upvote 0

coffee4u

Dec 11, 2018
Australia
✟157,641.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Every race on earth is a mix of different races. There is no pure race. There never can be a group of people that identify themselves, as being of a specific race.

If you have a good hard look at everyone's complexion. You will see an innumerable number of shades in all their complexions.

There is no white and black really, just shades in between.

What crushes me, is that I do not even know my ancestral tree, I can't go back more than four generations. This probably holds true for most of the world's population. Except perhaps for royalty and some wealthy people.

Who knows how many races are imbedded in my DNA. Probably ten or more different races of people in my DNA.
By default, I can never be a white supremacist.
Plus 'white' isn't a race, some Asians have much fairer skins than some Europeans.

Some people do come back on a DNA test as being 100% of some region but it's not common. That white supremacist a few years ago who came back on telly with a little African was the biggest hoot.

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟431,983.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
If you control for wealth, then everybody is exactly equally wealthy. That's what "control" means.

It's not a terribly meaningful statement.
Say what?

Control in this context means you only compare samples within equivalent wealth categories. It allows us to see if other factors are associated with any disparate outcomes.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟650,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Where are white people being denied their first amendment right to free speech?

Was that supposed to be funny?
White people are being systematically bullied today when they even question BLM. Groups such as BLM and other black activist groups label anyone who is white that questions BLM tactics as being of "white privilege, or racists, or closet white supremacists. White people who speak out against the rioting and looting and vandalism are fired from their jobs, although it's never labeled as being for that reason, but rather for "not being a team player", or some other smoke screen term.

• Agree
Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟650,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
It is interesting to look at lynching's in the USA. About 5000 have been documented with blacks constituting a very large majority. Who had the power?

It's also interesting to look at what has been happening in more recent times. Thousands of buildings burned down, businesses looted, and even people's homes being targeted. While this is going on and the Left wing media stands behind it while portraying it as "frustration and free speech" rather than criminal behavior in general (arson, theft, looting, assault with deadly weapons), or even terroristic behavior, who has the power now?

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟650,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
'White Power' does not mean a person is proud of their heritage it means they think they are superior to everyone who isn't 'white'. Honestly 'white' is such an American term. White is not a race or an ethnicity or anything, I think you really mean European or Caucasian. The only 'white' people are those with albinism. Say 'White' in Europe and be prepared for blank faces. If a 'white' person were proud of their heritage they would say "My family is Italian/Polish/Irish and we do this" What the heck is 'White'?

White is a skin color the same as black is. So why not ask about all those activist groups whose titles begin with the word "black"?

Upvote 0

VirOptimus

A nihilist who cares.
Aug 24, 2005
✟250,677.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
White people are being systematically bullied today when they even question BLM. Groups such as BLM and other black activist groups label anyone who is white that questions BLM tactics as being of "white privilege, or racists, or closet white supremacists. White people who speak out against the rioting and looting and vandalism are fired from their jobs, although it's never labeled as being for that reason, but rather for "not being a team player", or some other smoke screen term.
Do you even know what ”free speech” is?

• Optimistic
Reactions: KCfromNC
Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟650,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Do you even know what ”free speech” is?

Asking a question like that is just a smoke screen.
If you want to tell us your definition of free speech, go ahead.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟650,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
No, I already know you dont.

But most ”white power” people know very little.

Oh, and now the smoke screen is supplemented by some goading.

• Agree
Reactions: jacks
Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟650,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟554,901.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Did you find it funny? I’m asking a serious question.

Not one example of a government infringement on a white person’s first amendment right.

Just as I suspected.

Upvote 0

VirOptimus

A nihilist who cares.
Aug 24, 2005
✟250,677.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Nor am I. Asking a question is not championing, even if you want it to be so.
Sure you arent.

Just as your ”all lives matter” isnt a dig against blacks.

You just ask innocent questions about why you cant use racist slogans.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟650,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Did you find it funny? I’m asking a serious question.

Not one example of a government infringement on a white person’s first amendment right.

Just as I suspected.

Sounds like you have no problem with systematic racism or bigotry then as long as it's not the "government" doing it, even though democratic mayors seem to be at peace with what's going on.
'We could have the summer of love!': Seattle mayor says she doesn't know when CHAZ occupation will conclude

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟650,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Sure you arent.

Just as your ”all lives matter” isnt a dig against blacks.

Are you suggesting that all lives don't matter? Tell me, which ones don't matter?

• Agree
Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟650,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
It's a battlecry of fascists, that's the big deal.

Just as "Black Lives Matter" and "No Justice, No Peace" has been the battle cry of violent thugs. The proof is in the millions of dollars and many lives it has already costed society.

• Agree
Upvote 0