What's the hurry with passing Trump's Healthcare? ??

SeventyOne

May 2, 2015
✟167,288.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
Let's not forget that it took 8 months for Obama to get his (failed) and (imploding) Obamacare passed.

Take a breath everyone.

M-Bob

I don't even know what the hurry was in presenting the bill. The Obamacare disaster took years to write. Personally, I prefer a full repeal only, but if they are determined to replace it, at least make it better by producing something good and well thought out this time.

Upvote 0

Steve Petersen

Senior Veteran
May 11, 2005
✟162,912.00
Faith
Deist
Politics
US-Libertarian
Yeah, I wondered this too. This is going to take some work to make those with pre-exisiting conditions don't lose their coverage. Also, people forced from their previous plans onto Obamacare will probably face higher premiums if they try to go back to their previous policies. Insurance companies will probably treat that as a lapsed policy and skin them alive on the premiums and out-of-pockets.

Upvote 0

david.d

Oct 19, 2004
Albuquerque, NM
Visit site
✟27,629.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Trump thought his republicrats would just repeal it, but then they figured out Obamacare was an industry altering event and undoable. It was written to set us up for a single payer system by making healthcare too expensive for the middle class to afford.

The only way to temporarily fix it is to put cap limits on premium rates before subsidies are applied, but the lobbyists won't ever let that happen.

Upvote 0

Big Drew

Believer
Site Supporter
Nov 10, 2009
Alabama
✟74,961.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
What's funny to me is that the republicans have had 7 years to come up with a solution and the best they could do was throw something together in a few weeks...they don't really want to change anything anymore than the democrats do. The only difference between a republican and a democrat is the color of their tie...

• Agree
Reactions: Armoured
Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
(snip)
The only difference between a republican and a democrat is the color of their tie...
well...that and the Democrat candidate got about 3,000,000 more votes then the Republican candidate. Plus Sec. Clinton knew (which apparently the Republican candidate didn't) that health-care was "a lot more complicated" then he thought. Oh! And Democrats knew how to turn all the lights on in the White House. Those, among other things were some differences between the two. :wave:
tulc(also suspects none of the Democrats would have been sieg heiling if their candidate had won, unlike some of President Trumps supporters were) :sorry:

Upvote 0

Big Drew

Believer
Site Supporter
Nov 10, 2009
Alabama
✟74,961.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
well...that and the Democrat candidate got about 3,000,000 more votes then the Republican candidate. Plus Sec. Clinton knew (which apparently the Republican candidate didn't) that health-care was "a lot more complicated" then he thought. Oh! And Democrats knew how to turn all the lights on in the White House. Those, among other things were some differences between the two. :wave:
tulc(also suspects none of the Democrats would have been sieg heiling if their candidate had won, unlike some of President Trumps supporters were) :sorry:
No...the democrats did plenty of sieg heiling in 2008.......

I'm not going to get into a spitting contest about which party is better when I don't see either of them really standing on the principles they were founded on anymore. The parties themselves are divided on so many issues that it amazes me that they still are unified.

Unless something changes soon, I can see a major shift away from the two party system we currently have. And I'm not speaking about the Libertarian Party...unless they can become more organized and not just be content on whining and not coming up with any real solutions. I identify as a libertarian, but the Party itself is just as much a joke as the others.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Big Drew

Believer
Site Supporter
Nov 10, 2009
Alabama
✟74,961.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I don't mean metaphorically, I meant literally:
tulc(is just sayn') :sorry:
I mean, I'm sure we can find bigoted hate groups that rally around democrats...some of those Black Lives Matter folks aren't very accepting of other races either...but neither of these groups would be considered part of the norm.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Let's not forget that it took 8 months for Obama to get his (failed) and (imploding) Obamacare passed.

Take a breath everyone.

M-Bob
There are at least two good reasons for getting this done soon, if possible.

1. The insurance companies are required to announce their rates and policies in only weeks from now--and that's for the whole of the year 2018.

2. The tax reform bill can't very well be finalized without taking account of the costs built into the health care system, so much of the national budget is dedicated to health costs. Hundreds of millions of dollars were projected as savings in the AHCA and that would have been be factored into the tax bill and it, in turn, factored into proposals for rebuilding the infrastructure or whatever.

Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I mean, I'm sure we can find bigoted hate groups that rally around democrats...some of those Black Lives Matter folks aren't very accepting of other races either...but neither of these groups would be considered part of the norm.
I didn't say they were the norm, I said people were literally sieg heiling after President Trump won. I suspect no one would have been doing that if Sec. Clinton had won. You said there wasn't any difference between the two parties except for tie colors, I was simply pointed out several things that were different. :wave:
tulc(could point out many more but this isn't the thread for it) :)

Upvote 0

Big Drew

Believer
Site Supporter
Nov 10, 2009
Alabama
✟74,961.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I didn't say they were the norm, I said people were literally sieg heiling after President Trump won. I suspect no one would have been doing that if Sec. Clinton had won. You said there wasn't any difference between the two parties except for tie colors, I was simply pointed out several things that were different. :wave:
tulc(could point out many more but this isn't the thread for it) :)
What I meant by that is that they're all in this for their own personal gain. As a whole, they don't care about the American people. You do have a few people from each party that are genuine Mr. Smith types...but for the most part they're there for the power and the $$$$.

• Agree
Reactions: tulc
Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Unless something changes soon, I can see a major shift away from the two party system we currently have. And I'm not speaking about the Libertarian Party...unless they can become more organized and not just be content on whining and not coming up with any real solutions. I identify as a libertarian, but the Party itself is just as much a joke as the others.
Ain't that the truth? :sigh: The LP had a golden opportunity in 2016 and came off looking like a high school operation.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Big Drew

Believer
Site Supporter
Nov 10, 2009
Alabama
✟74,961.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Ain't that the truth? :sigh: The LP had a golden opportunity in 2016 and came off looking like a high school operation.
Right? Aleppo Johnson is nothing more than an establishment republican that likes to smoke pot. Watching the debate between him and Austin Petersen about the bakery refusing to bake a cake for a gay couple showed how unlibertarian he is, IMO. A private business has the right to refuse any customer they choose, and the backlash is that customers can refuse to patronize if they disagree with the business' decision.

I've wondered if Rand Paul hadn't signed the agreement stating he would back the republican candidate if he could have been persuaded to the LP.

Then the shenanigans at their national convention with the naked guy charging the stage like it was a rock concert...

As long as it's just a bunch of hipsters thinking the LP is trendy it's never gonna go anywhere.

Upvote 0