What's More Important: Iraq War Or Katrina?

What's More Important: Iraq War Or Katrina?

• The Iraq War efforts are more important for our country's future.

• It's more important to help our citizens in disasters such as Hurricane Katrina.

• Both are equally important: but we need more troops and tax dollars to address these issues.

Results are only viewable after voting.

christalee4

Senior Veteran
Apr 11, 2005
✟5,083.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
About 37% of the Louisiana National Guard are in Iraq. Other states are bringing in their National Guardsmen, and the Pentagon is ready to bring in more troops to help with rescues, maintaining order and body recovery.

Hurricane Katrina is estimated to leave at least a million homeless, in the wake of breach of the levees, which are now filling up the city and surrounding area with dirty water, drowning people, destroying homes and causing havoc and destruction.

Frankly, I was shocked that the President only woke up today to address the issue head-on, after travelling to the western states to try to promote the continuation of the Iraq War to groups who already support his views, as well as his Medicare program.

The Pentagon says it has enough troops on hand to help the hundreds of thousands of helpless people who are struggling to survive, as well as deal with security issue. Hurricane Katrina is a disaster of epic proportions in this country. However I do not understand why our troops are still over in Iraq, that we are sending even more over there to help with their security, when our own AMERICANS are dying and suffering in the Gulf region after a disaster.

What's more important - this administration's program for Iraq, or helping Americans survive this disaster and get back on their feet? How much longer can we sustain the massive spending on the Iraq war, whilst we deal with problems such as helping our citizens in natural disasters, and controlling our border areas?

Smoke Screen

America Can Do Better!
Jul 10, 2005
Near Seattle
✟10,227.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
"Frankly, I was shocked that the President only woke up today to address the issue head-on, after travelling to the western states to try to promote the continuation of the Iraq War to groups who already support his views, as well as his Medicare program."

It did not surprise me that Bush chose to promote his war rather than prepare for a natural disaster about to hit American soil. In fact, I predicted it and told my wife that he'd stay in California to deliver his speech to his base of "war supporters." I thought this would have been a perfect time to step up and act like a pResident and actually lead his country through a national crisis. I guess he did eventually leave California to tend to the devastation of his country. His response was a little "delayed," however.

I admit, I don't know all of the facts, but if I were President and I heard about a possible disasterous hurricane hitting my country, I would have canceled all meetings, promotional events, and vacation time and flown back to DC to lead my country. I think most people would.

Upvote 0

Smoke Screen

America Can Do Better!
Jul 10, 2005
Near Seattle
✟10,227.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
photo-bush-guitar-katrina-survivors.jpg

Perhaps playing the "Geetar" with country singer, Mark Wills is more important than the folks on the right...

Upvote 0

christalee4

Senior Veteran
Apr 11, 2005
✟5,083.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Meanwhile, people are suffering in a not-known situation in New Orleans and other counties across the Gulf states.
People have been without food and water.
People are looting.
Prisoners who were taken out of their jail due to the flood waters, have now taken people hostage.
People have no place to go the bathroom.
The number of refugees in the Superdome, (which is apparently where rescuers are dumping them) have increased from 10,000 to over 30,000 and it's still growing. There is no water, no food, no bathroom facilities. Human misery abounds.

The President needs to fix on this as a major incident that affects ALL Americans.

He needs to go back to Washington and start being a leader, rather than a politician.

Please Jesus, let him do his duty to Americans and help those poor people.

In the name of God, amen.

Upvote 0

mutantleader

Jul 7, 2005
✟686.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Politics
US-Republican
utdbear said:
This needs to be made a sticky, so when people come in here, they'll know why the conservatives think some liberals here are despicable and will stoop to no low.
Ah. . . And our party is above all of this. I think someone is sneaking some of W.'s stash.

Upvote 0

Smoke Screen

America Can Do Better!
Jul 10, 2005
Near Seattle
✟10,227.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
christalee4 said:
Meanwhile, people are suffering in a not-known situation in New Orleans and other counties across the Gulf states.
People have been without food and water.
People are looting.
Prisoners who were taken out of their jail due to the flood waters, have now taken people hostage.
People have no place to go the bathroom.
The number of refugees in the Superdome, (which is apparently where rescuers are dumping them) have increased from 10,000 to over 30,000 and it's still growing. There is no water, no food, no bathroom facilities. Human misery abounds.

The President needs to fix on this as a major incident that affects ALL Americans.

He needs to go back to Washington and start being a leader, rather than a politician.

Please Jesus, let him do his duty to Americans and help those poor people.

In the name of God, amen.

I agree with you 100%!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Smoke Screen

America Can Do Better!
Jul 10, 2005
Near Seattle
✟10,227.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
arnegrim said:
The President is back in Washington dealing with it.

There are only so many people you can throw at a problem like New Orleans until it only worsens the situation.

Was he in Washington yesterday during the disaster? In cases like a National Disaster, it is the President's duty to lead the country. In this case, he didn't lead the country. He spoke at a function to promote his war. I believe he left for DC today. I hope he makes up for lost time. Many people are counting on the quick actions of the pResident and his Administration! God Speed George!

Upvote 0

Smoke Screen

America Can Do Better!
Jul 10, 2005
Near Seattle
✟10,227.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Smoke Screen said:
Was he in Washington yesterday during the disaster? In cases like a National Disaster, it is the President's duty to lead the country. In this case, he didn't lead the country. He spoke at a function to promote his war. I believe he left for DC today. I hope he makes up for lost time. Many people are counting on the quick actions of the pResident and his Administration! God Speed George!

I guess I was wrong. Word has it that George is spending his last night in Crawford. Let's hope I'm wrong!

Upvote 0

butterfoot

Formerly Known as cameronw
Dec 16, 2004
✟9,595.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Smoke Screen said:
photo-bush-guitar-katrina-survivors.jpg

Perhaps playing the "Geetar" with country singer, Mark Wills is more important than the folks on the right...

What were you doing while those on the right were wading through the water. What do you expect GW to do go there personally and rescue people from the Helicopter? While the rescue is important and GW is sending aid him being right there would only hinder the rescue efforts and not really help.

-cw

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Smoke Screen

America Can Do Better!
Jul 10, 2005
Near Seattle
✟10,227.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
NothingButTheBlood said:
I for one have to agree. If Bush would have gone to New Orleans or any place the hurricane hit before hand the storm would have changed paths and left the country safe. Unfortunatley that would have been abuse of his super secret powers.

LOL! Maybe the hurricane would have taken him to Oz where he could read his Dr. Seuss books in peace. Shame on Rove for not arranging this!

Upvote 0

freewilly

Aug 18, 2005
✟15,726.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Democrat
NothingButTheBlood said:
I for one have to agree. If Bush would have gone to New Orleans or any place the hurricane hit before hand the storm would have changed paths and left the country safe. Unfortunatley that would have been abuse of his super secret powers.

LOL...that was funny. :D

Upvote 0

Smoke Screen

America Can Do Better!
Jul 10, 2005
Near Seattle
✟10,227.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
cameronw said:
What were you doing while those on the right were wading through the water. What do you expect GW to do go there personally and rescue people from the Helicopter? While the rescue is important and GW is sending aid him being right there would only hinder the rescue efforts and not really help.

-cw

Promoting a war while your country is suffering from the effects of a disasterous hurricane and flood is pretty irresponsible. What would a fire chief do if half his city was on fire? He'd take control of the situation and lead his staff. Bush failed in his position as "Commander in Chief."

Upvote 0

NothingButTheBlood

Feb 27, 2005
✟4,508.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
Smoke Screen said:
LOL! Maybe the hurricane would have taken him to Oz where he could read his Dr. Seuss books in peace. Shame on Rove for not arranging this!

What's sad is you think that's what would have happened if he was there.

Upvote 0

butterfoot

Formerly Known as cameronw
Dec 16, 2004
✟9,595.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Smoke Screen said:
Promoting a war while your country is suffering from the effects of a disasterous hurricane and flood is pretty irresponsible. What would a fire chief do if half his city was on fire? He'd take control of the situation and lead his staff. Bush failed in his position as "Commander in Chief."

The President is not promoting a war. He is supporting the Iraqi people. Are you insisting that Just because a natural disaster happened in the US that he should just stop focusing on Iraq and spend all his attention on the Disaster area? That would be irresponsible. While some of his attention is on the Louisianna, Mississippi, and Alabama areas that need it he has to run the entire country not just part of.

-cw

Upvote 0