✟8,259.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Something to think about;

"As I walked among the rows of tombstones I stopped at one that read, “Among those who lie in ranks marked by stone I lay as food for worms. And as for the work of our lives much will be lost for it was the work of man. But as for me, mine shall last forever for I worked for the things of God. And as for my body, I shall wait patiently for a new and more elegant edition, revived and made perfect by man’s eternal author, the Lord Jesus Christ.”

What's in a name?

Scriptures are to be the first and the last resource, and are to be the last line of defense for Christian’s to use. When the final sentence is finished, the last T crossed, and the last I dotted, it’s teaching and conclusions alone are what matter.

There are certain absolutes that must first be understood before anyone can enter into the world of John’s Revelation. When the Jews began their return in 1948; when the land again was called Israel; when Hebrew became the common language, and the shekel brought back; when the end time enemies of the Jews, those named thousands of years before by God again threatened them as prophesied, new doors were opened, creating for us a much clearer view of the prophesies of this book.

"What's in a name, or title?" When we observe the title Judge in front of a person’s name, what image does that project about the person? Titles reveal a great deal about a person. The same judge mentioned above, may also be a professor at a university, same person, different title. Two offices, one man, each giving a clue to his work and qualifications.

So it is with Jesus Christ. The name Jesus, and office of Christ reveal a great deal about our Lord. Have you ever asked yourself, why is the name Jesus at times used without Christ attached, and why Christ is used without the proper name Jesus attached? Yet at times we see them joined together. There is a very clear and specific reason for this.

Let’s begin with both the proper name of Jesus, and the office of Christ that He alone shall claims. The title of the book is, "The Revelation of Jesus Christ."

What emphasis is placed upon the proper name of our Lord? First it makes us aware of the person under discussion; the book is a revealing of Jesus and Him alone. Everything points to Him, flows from Him and ends with Him.

In this name Jesus, we are introduced to His first office, that of Savior. The name Joshua in Hebrew, Jesus in English, is used mostly in the narrative of the Gospels, and rarely appears in any direct address.

After His introduction, the book moves on to the churches, revealing Jesus correction, and chastening to the church. In His own words, we are made aware of His patience; His blessings and justice. In the chapters that follow, we are made aware of His judgments, and finally the glories of His kingdom are revealed to us.

Again the question, "what importance does the name Jesus have when used alone, and what does it mean when the title Christ is added to His name Jesus?" Jesus and Christ are mentioned together for the first time in Matt.1:1.

Jesus is the Savior; Savior of what? His claim is that He alone is the Savior of the world. As Savior, Christian's are brought into a spiritual union with Him. In Him is our incentive to holy living, and the promise of the transformation of our bodies. We wait patiently for His return and for the fulfillment of all things written in this book.

Christ means, the "Anointed one." He was anointed, meaning sealed with the Holy Spirit at His baptism. At the river Jordan a miraculous event occurred, and was witnessed by many. Jesus was sealed by the Holy Spirit as Messiah. In this there can be no mistake, no opportunity for anyone other than Jesus to make, and prove this claim. The nail prints in His hands also mark His physical person as the Christ, the suffering servant; anointed of God, and marked by man.

As teacher, Jesus had a message for His disciples and for us today, "Take heed that ye be not deceived: for many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ."

The title Christ is often emphasized with the definite article "The," which gives emphasis to the phrase, "The promised Messiah." He is the Anointed One. He alone represents His people as King, High Priest, and Prophet.

In Rev.2, John reminds us that the angel sent by God, joined with his own eye-witness, and that of the Holy Spirit bear record of this testimony of Jesus Christ. There shall be no further Revelations concerning Jesus Christ, and no future eye-witness will come forward concerning His crucificition and resurrection.

I wish you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year, stay safe!

Phil LaSpino taken from seekfirstwisdom