lenaj

Feb 11, 2009
OHIO
✟15,181.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
So today I found out my father the pastor is a cheater!

I found out that he is and has been cheating on my mother with a women from the congragation, and I'm totaly heartbroken. :cry:

He tried to leave me a vm today and I heard her voice in the background, and he was not at church, he is in a different state on vacation with her. A vacation he lied and said he didn't know if he was still going on. He just left town and didn't even let me know. I called him back and told him that I hoped he had a good time where ever he was, and with whoever he was with. I told him I heard her voice and asked him how could he do this to me. How could he treat us this way. I was too overcome with emotion so I just hung up, and he never called me back.

I have cried all day. So I wrote him a letter to explain how hurt I am. How I don't understand how he can get up every sunday and preach knowing what he is doing. I let him know that because of this I have a hard time believing that I will ever have a husband to love me.

Am I wrong for this? Or do you think I need to tell him how I feel?

Want2DoRite84

Sep 3, 2009
United States
✟7,616.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I think he needs to know how this makes you feel. Sometimes any parent can get so involved in their own "needs" that they fail to think of the consequences that will affect their children. Maybe the letter will help bring your father back to the faith that he preached.

I'm sorry to hear about this. I'll pray things get better for you. Here is a verse that has helped me through difficult times. John 16:33, "I have told you these things so that in Me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble but take heart I have overcome the world." It has helped me to know that even though bad things my happen Christ who is King of the world will comfort me. I pray you will comforted by Him.

Upvote 0

seeking.IAM

Episcopalian
Site Supporter
Feb 29, 2004
Indiana
✟963,547.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
C.S. Lewis said the Church is a hospital for sinners, not a museum for Saints. At the end of the day, pastors are just human beings and sinners like the rest of us.

I am sorry for that your Dad's poor choices have affected you (as well as your mother, I am sure). Sometimes our poor choices are allowed to flouish because they happen in secrecy. We only realize how our actions affect others when they tell us. I think it's perfectly appropriate for you to tell your dad how you feel, and in the long run doing so may be more helpful to him than saying nothing.

Remember forgiveness, reconciliation, and grace. Tell him & keep door open.

seeking.IAM
<><

Upvote 0

nanz2688

Jan 18, 2007
Philippines
✟7,738.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Your Father is human too...

my dad is also a Pastor and whenever he is angry with me..or shouting with me..I feel very disappointed..coz I can't hardly believe that He can do it to me..I thought he's the best father...but he is not..but then..

we need to understand that they are human...and they have weaknesses to..we should pray for our dads

Upvote 0