Texas
✟86,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
So I read a bit of Esther today for inspiration and at the end of chapter 2 is this (bolding mine):

“When the affair was investigated and found to be so, the men were both hanged on the gallows. And it was recorded in the book of the chronicles in the presence of the king.

‭‭Esther‬ ‭2:23‬ ‭ESV‬‬

There are two books between Esther and the chronicles. Did they go back and rewrite chronicles? How does this work?

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
So I read a bit of Esther today for inspiration and at the end of chapter 2 is this (bolding mine):
“When the affair was investigated and found to be so, the men were both hanged on the gallows. And it was recorded in the book of the chronicles in the presence of the king.
There are two books between Esther and the chronicles. Did they go back and rewrite chronicles? How does this work?
The book of the chronicles is not the Bible Book of Chronicles .

e.g. >>
VOICE
After a thorough investigation, the report was proven true. So the two officers were killed and displayed on a pole. All of this information was chronicled in the presence of the king, in the public record.

EXB
When the report was investigated, it was found to be ·true [so], and ·the two officers who had planned to kill the king [L they both] were ·hanged [impaled; C on a stake or sharpened pole, a common form of execution]. All this was written down in the ·daily court record [book of the annals/chronicles] in the king’s presence.
GW
When the report was investigated and found to be true, the dead bodies of Bigthan and Teresh were hung on a pole. The matter was written up in the king’s presence in his official record of daily events.
GNT
There was an investigation, and it was discovered that the report was true, so both men were hanged on the gallows. The king ordered an account of this to be written down in the official records of the empire.

Upvote 0

Greg J.

Site Supporter
Mar 2, 2016
Southeast Michigan
✟233,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Maybe I have not understood what you meant here. The books in the Bible are not in chronological order. Chronicles and Esther are estimated to have been written about the same time.

Upvote 0

JoeP222w

Nov 5, 2015
✟77,175.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

The chronicles referenced here is not necessarily Chronicles in the Bible. Chronicles were simply a historical book of events maintained by kings and scribes. They were not always scripture.

Upvote 0