• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

What you watch...

RobCrandall

Dec 20, 2011
✟7,727.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I just want to say a lot of problems come from what you watch on tv and what you read and music and movies. A lot. When I changed these 4 things, my mind slowly began to get better. You can't watch all these horrific shows and read horror novels and listen to bad music and expect your mind just to reject it all. Your mind will conform to it, just to make sense of the world. Fill your mind with the Word of God, and things will slowly begin to get better. Renew your mind with the Bible. Your mind will start to make sense out of good things, and you'll forget about the insanity that exists. But, if you don't change what you put into your mind, don't expect to get any better. I'm banking on total healing and no medication...I'm already off of most of the medication. Only explanation: God and renewing my mind. Stay away from corrupt communication when it is up to you. God bless.:thumbsup:

muarader64

Oct 24, 2008
✟7,746.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi, what you say is nice and all, and a personal experience. But I would advise other's who are in isolation, whether by choice, or not.... to be VERY careful with the bible. It can drive a schizophrenic mad, it drove me mad(fell into delusions). I also tried overcoming this illness without meds, and I tell you, it was impossible. I was waiting for Jesus to Heal my mind supernaturally and refused meds, because i thought material things(pills) couldn't cure my "spiritual" problems....... but my condition just steadily worsened. Long story short, I finally decided to accept pills, and was put on abilify and setraline, which have worked amazingly for me. Remember, the Lord does as he so pleases... he can work on a person with meds and without..I guess it depends on the person, what HE wants to do for YOU.

Upvote 0

RobCrandall

Dec 20, 2011
✟7,727.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Marauder...I hear what you are saying...the Bible has driven me slightly mad in the past, but I have to trust it no matter what it does to me. Like the disciples said, "To where else would we go Jesus, you are the only one with the words of eternal life." ...As for medication, I have to admit that it has helped me, but I can't give up on trying to get off of it (very slowly..like years), especially since I have successfully been off of one medication totally for a year and a half now. I have made progress. I don't want to quit now. I'm going for the promise. Like I said, very very very slowly...I will be on this amount for a year before I lower it slightly again, and then probably another year. It's the only way to do it safely. The brain has to repair itself just like coming off of a street drug. I'm really glad that the medication works for you. If you like it, stay on it by all means. I guess my life at this point is a dangerous experiment. Pray for me. :crossrc:

Upvote 0

rtodd5011

Member since 2012
May 5, 2012
Arkansas
Visit site
✟24,174.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I have been on abilify with great results since 2005 havent heard voices or delusional or paranoid, but im still have a tendency to isolate and I dont work. I do what i can... i dont watch alot of tv and stay away from stress as much as possible. I have been talking to a christian counselor that says medicines are like a bandage they only mask the bigger problem. I believe God wants me totally healed and will do what it takes for that, even if it means fighting the devil all the time (spiritual warfare) and going through deliverance

Upvote 0