What you say if you had a friend that told you they was not a Christian .

Grace_Alone

New Mommy
Mar 8, 2011
MO
✟8,580.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
How would you react to a friend telling you they are not a Christian. I had just stop talking to a girl because she tryed to get me to leave my hubby for her and she said that she was not a Christian and there is a lot more she would blow my phone up all day and night and she thought i did not have a life. i have a Husband and a 5 year old son. she always wanted me to talk with her and not spend time with my family. I just stopped talking to her all together.

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
How would you react to a friend telling you they are not a Christian. I had just stop talking to a girl because she tryed to get me to leave my hubby for her and she said that she was not a Christian and there is a lot more she would blow my phone up all day and night and she thought i did not have a life. i have a Husband and a 5 year old son. she always wanted me to talk with her and not spend time with my family. I just stopped talking to her all together.

Sounds like her view of your religion is the least of your problems.
She is messed up and not treating you well.

Upvote 0

longwait

Mar 14, 2016
asia
✟85,978.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Stay away from her.

Upvote 0

drjean

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2011
✟313,070.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Share the gospel and then stay away from her. Remember that Christianity is not a religion, it is faith in Christ Jesus for salvation. Anyone may accept Jesus' love Gift. Offer it to her too, the easiest way is to recount your own story: how you were before you accepted Christ, how you were convicted to accept Him, what you did and how you live life now. ... short and sweet. She cannot argue legitimately with a person's personal experience.

Upvote 0

DreamerOfTheHeart

I Am What I Am
Jul 11, 2017
Houston
✟39,308.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I think the lesbian overtures are the more serious issue there. Who is saved and not is up to God, and there are probably a lot more Christians who just think they are - but are not - then there are genuine, saved Christians.

Girl or guy, you need to disconnect from that person. You are married and have a son...

Satan causes such excess desires.

Upvote 0

Jonathan Leo

Dec 18, 2017
Cork
✟16,857.00
Country
Ireland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think the lesbian overtures are the more serious issue there. Who is saved and not is up to God, and there are probably a lot more Christians who just think they are - but are not - then there are genuine, saved Christians.

Girl or guy, you need to disconnect from that person. You are married and have a son...

Satan causes such excess desires.
Well said, He comes to steal kill and destroy
Stealing your husband, killing your marriage, destroying you, your husband and your sons life.
Sounds just like Satan’s package alright.

I would like to add for Grace_Alone
Satan will only target your weaknesses so be aware of your desires of the flesh. Was it always a fetish of yours to be with another woman? Or how about having great ungodly sex?
Just saying by the way.
Satan won’t come and offer you a carrot if you hate vegetables, know what I’m saying?

Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟380,259.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
There are lots of non-Christians out there, not all of them are as disrespectful to you and your family as this one is. Better ones should be treated differently than this one. My rule of thumb is to not be the bad guy in the situation, but to demonstrate Christ's love, and if the unbeliever wants to leave the friendship, they are the ones to do the cutting off.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Kristen Davis

Dec 9, 2017
Alpharetta
✟11,497.00
Country
Georgia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I am a new Christian My self and having some in my life like that i do not need that at all. I feel SO much better now that i have not talked to her in a week i think. Dont know that for sure but my husband can tell that i am acting better

Yes once you establish a covenant of peace things begin to fall into place.

Upvote 0