What would it take?

Originally posted by RufusAtticus
Honestly, seed, do you have anything of your own to give us? Using a lawyer to back up your view of science is rather counterproductive.

Yes I do, and I'll give it to you honestly!

The Bible DOES NOT teach evolution! It teaches CREATION!

I study the bible, I have looked at evolution and see nothing other then "micro" evolution as in adaptation, as in a monkey useing a rock to break open a nut.

"macro" evolution? NO, I dont see any half ape and half human people walking the planet.

Would it not be easier for a snake to have legs and be shorter? as in a lizard. YET we still have snakes.

:bow: Jesus

Upvote 0
I've read his stuff before. It's not very compelling. He, like his ID cronies, really demonstrates a lack of understanding about evolution and the science behind it.

Also, the Bible doesn't tell me when I was born. Does that mean that I was never born? There a plenty of things that aren't in the Bible but are still true.

Upvote 0
chickenman I have to agree with rufus, he makes bold statements about the lack of evidence for evolution without backing them up

chickenman oh, and seed, if your only objections to the theory of evolution are the lack of half ape/half man and the existence of legless snakes, then you don't really have a leg to stand on

Because I am not a high ranking figure in the area of evolution makes me wrong????

I dont think so, one merely has to look into something and see one slight thing to know it's not truth.

For example,

If you are so sure about how old the world is, does that make YOU right- When in FACT, NOBODY knows how old the world is. The evolutional theory, is that, a THEORY! It is not proven fact. Reguardless of the LIES YOU come up with on paper!!!

chickenman oh, and seed, if your only objections to the theory of evolution are the lack of half ape/half man and the existence of legless snakes, then you don't really have a leg to stand on

And if YOU YOURSElF can not prove evolution (which you can't) YOU also have no legs to stand on.

:bow: Jesus

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

unworthyone

Yes this is me! Like my glasses?
Mar 25, 2002
Visit site
✟9,398.00
Originally posted by mac_philo
The nonbelievers are supposed to understand everything, the fundamentalists are supposed to avoid understanding as much as possible.

Heheh ok....

The fundamentalists do understand what is necessary, the non-believers are supposed to understand anything they are told to but not what is necessary.

Upvote 0
Originally posted by Seed
Because I am not a high ranking figure in the area of evolution makes me wrong????

I dont think so, one merely has to look into something and see one slight thing to know it's not truth.

In all honesty, I suspect that you never have looked into evolution et al. except from creationists sources. This doesn’t place you in a good position to understand the science of evolution. Would you don't ask Fidel Castro to explain capitalism to you? Your emotional presentation of science is seriously lacking, as I will demonstrate below.

If you are so sure about how old the world is, does that make YOU right- When in FACT, NOBODY knows how old the world is.

And likewise, nobody knows how old you are. You could be 30-years-2-months-and-4-days-old or 30-years-2-months-4-days-and-15-seconds or similar ages more close to your actual. Although we are incapable of calculating your age to the nanosecond, we are capable of ruling out that you are still an infant. This is the same with the earth. All current research puts the age of the earth at 4.5-4.6 million years ago. Although it is impossible to give an exact date with 100% confidence, it is possible to rule out that the earth is less than 100,000 years old. I recommend that you check out Radiometric Dating: A Christian Perspective.

The evolutional theory, is that, a THEORY! It is not proven fact. Regardless of the LIES YOU come up with on paper!!!

Evolution is both a fact and a theory. The fact of evolution is that the properties of populations and lineages of organisms, or frequencies of such properties, change over time. The theory of evolution explains this observation by identifying mechanisms that are responsible for it. Such mechanisms include mutation, natural selection, genetic drift, and isolation. Evolution operates on and is observable in populations.

Your statement relies on confusion to the meaning of “theory.” In common speech, “theory” is equivalent to “speculation.” In science “theory” represents a body of well-supported principals that explain natural phenomena. This is the strength of the theory of evolution.

Upvote 0

JohnR7

Feb 9, 2002
Ohio
✟29,532.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Originally posted by Seed
Are you saying....You want a piece of me? :eek: One at a time! :bow: Jesus

They do tend to like to gang up on a person sometimes. But they are a pretty good group for the most part. Line upon line, precept upon precept, a little bit here and a little bit there.

Ephes. 4:13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:

Upvote 0