What Was You First Extreme Experience Like In The Spirit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christian Dude

• Anointed, On-Fire, & Prophetic Christian •
Aug 23, 2004
West Virginia
✟2,328.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Others
I just figured that I'd ask and try to let us all fellowship.

My First Experience:

I didn't really know what all being a Christian was but I had such a passion...
I have more of a passion for Christ now though. I was attending a church
service and although at times I had been slain in the Spirit and danced in the Spirit.

But the first extreme experience was when we were in a circle holding hands and praying
for the singers that came to our church... I began to speak in tongues and my friend
told me afterwards that there was such a glow around me. I was amazed, but scared.

Ever since then I have not forgotten that experience.

alltheglory2him

Sep 26, 2004
WI
✟15,142.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Well the first time I felt the power of God was one night in youth group. about 8 years ago. wow God is so awesome. that night my youth pastor was speaking on the Holy Spirit. and at the end of the sermon we just waited on the Holy Spirit. He showed up. I resiceved my prayer language. From that night God has chached me and I have a pasion for Jesus Christ. I want to tell everyone what Jesus did for them.

Upvote 0

SFSJ

Sep 7, 2004
San Francisco
Visit site
✟184.00
Faith
Pentecostal
understood what it was... even went to a doctor once{he was puzzled and figured it was nerologicla!}

but the most impactful was a few months ago.. The spirit entered me as I wsa laying hands and pryaing for a friend with a bad hip. I nded up knocking down to the floor, with the most intense the spasms have ever been and uncontrollably sobbing. God released me from a ;lot of self-punishment that night. a lot of things I hadn't forgiven myself for in the past flwe away. I was on teh floor, shaking, sobbing, and every now and again my head would lift- as if someone wa pulling it up from above on a string... my mouth would open as though I wanted to say something or something was giong to come out, but nothing did. I found out later that night that I was on the floor in that state {STRONG going} for over 2 hours.

God is AWESOME!!!!!

Blessings!!!!
Sarah :) :bow: worship Him

Upvote 0

Tavita

beside quiet waters He restores my soul..
Sep 20, 2004
Singleton NSW
✟7,551.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Politics
AU-Liberals
The night I was saved, nearly 27 years ago!!
I was at home late that night and the Father said to me, "Now will you take My Son?" And I said "YES!", my hands were lifted and I nearly fell to the floor as the anointing of Holy Spirit was upon me; and I felt something rip in my inner man -- now I believe He was circumcising my heart and writing His laws within. It was one of a few powerful encounters He's had with me. Bless His Holy Name!!

Upvote 0

LilRitt04

.::I will always love you::.
Sep 30, 2004
In the USA
✟15,482.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Politics
US-Republican
I would have to say mine was about 2 years ago at Brownsville Assembly of God in Pensecola Florida! It was absolutely incredible. That night the youth pastor down there was preaching on 'Fear This.' He went on in the message about fearing God, etc. Well, at the end of his message he called a altar call. It was probably one of the most annointed altar calls that I had ever been to in my life. The youth pastor was laying hands on everyone and people were laying top of each other slain on the stage, on the chairs, in the aisle, out the front doors, in the bathroom...everywhere. Well, while all this was happening I didnt get right into the crowd because Im not like that. But he was walking down a aisle (the aisle I happened to be in) and he was walking towards me and he stopped...He looked me dead in the eye and said "tonight is your night" I fell out quicker then I trip up the steps. I probably laid there for a good hour. My youth pastors from my church, picked me up and tried to get me to walk to the car... Well, I am here to tell you that wasnt going to happen! So my youth pastor at the time was about 6'2" and 175 pounds. He threw me over the back of his shoulders. The rest of the night I was out. We had a prayer meeting in my hotel room, and if anyone came within 2 feet of me they felt what I felt. They felt the annointing so strong on them that it overcame them. It was the best time in the Lord and I will NEVER forget the experience in my whole entire life.

Upvote 0
S

SOLDOUT4HIM

We had praise and worship in a coffee house on 7th street in Ybor City (innercity Tampa where on Friday and Saturday nights they block off 7th so the drunks don't get hit by cars) and I was shouting at the top of my lungs and I lost my voice. When we got back to where we were staying I felt God telling me to speak to the young ppl I was leading (I was a team leader, on this Innercity missions trip) to encourage them and I went to one of my followers and squeaked out "pray for my voice". He put his hands on my Adam's apple and my voice returned. I was able to do what God wanted me to do. The presence of the Holy Spiritwas so sweet in the room. Most every one was crying and a few other ppl had been healed. God is so good!

Upvote 0

John 15:13

Oct 22, 2004
✟947.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I have seen it my whole life but never had those experiences for myself. I have been having dreams though. Once, after I phoned my dad from Italy and forgave him for things that happened to me as a child, I had a dream about a Tiger. I thought it was going to kill me and I got down on the floor and curled up in a ball. It layed down behind me. I can still feel the warmth of it's body and it's soft fur when I think about it.

This happened to me in the fall of 1996. The other day, I mentioned it to a friend and she told me that a tiger is symbolic of anger, revenge, and unforgiveness. She said that it was an indication that God heard my prayers and granted my request.

My wife left me almost a month ago. I have drawn closer to God than ever in my life. I have had five vivid dreams since then and have interpretations that make perfect sense for all but one. That's the extent of my Holy Spirit encounters.

I want what you guys have. I am grateful for the visitation but I want habitation. I want God's manifest presence. I want the Holy Spirit to dwell in me. I will worship and not rest until I have it!

Upvote 0

ALASKACHICK10

~Proud Mommy~
Aug 8, 2004
Maricopa,az
✟18,074.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The 1sted time I experience the Spirit of God was wed. night at my youth group. We were doing worship and I just felt His Spirit really strong and I was praising God and I felt tears in my eyes.. I have never felt that good in my life.. God also gave me peace about stuff I was worrying about and I wasn't worshiping him like I should. So, I got back on the right walk with God that night.. God Bless all..:)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

eve777

Sep 28, 2004
✟1,362.00
Faith
Pentecostal
On the night I received the Holy Ghost, I heard roaring water from far away and a voice that said, "Abba"....I didn't know at the time that Abba means Father. I started speaking in tongues and at first I thought it was someone else. Then I realized it was me and I had recieved my prayer language. It was the only time God spoke to me and I think I was the only one who heard him because several people were praying with me and they didn't say anything about it. I was so full of joy and felt brand new and I knew from that time on, I would never have any doubts about serving him. I would die for him.

Upvote 0

NewSong

♪♫♫♪♫
Nov 8, 2004
✟47,207.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Wow what a question! The first extreme experience in the "Spirit of God" was standing in front of my television and I was desperate for miracle and I was watching Benny Hinn on with Pat Robertson and they were saying all the things I wanted to hear only I was tired of just hearing it and told God that and Benny Hinn was getting ready to pray for all the people in the audience and they had just had clips of a conference and I was standing there going yeah, yeah, yeah but how come it only happens on TV? So then when Benny said to the home congregation to bow our heads and pray with him I did and I went flying about 2 feet back from the TV and into my sofa for a landing. I started to doubt what God just done and thought maybe the voice scared me and so I went on a search and searched the scriptures out about the Holy Spirit and then I remember I was at a church of over 600 people where there was a conference because I wanted the Holy Spirit so bad that I couldn't help myself and I am really quite shy even though I have a big mouth with my family and in certain settings...but I was at this church and all the sudden it seemed as though the Holy Spirit had taken control of the service with just the worship team and they were travailing in prayer and you could really really see the Holy Spirit working in their lives and we sat there so silently and waited and waited for the worship team or someone to continue and no one did and so I thought I am tired of waiting and I don't want to miss it and I remember thinking that I am going to go pray with the worship team and maybe we can move on and I got up on my seat in front of over 600 people and walked to the front of this foreign church to me and walked up on stage to pray and one of the ministry team from the Vineyard that was holding the conference, whispered in my ear,"Smart move" and I had no idea what to say back and so I went up to pray but then they were over praying and so I walked down and got back in my seat and drove home thinking nothing happened but the next a.m., I walked into my church and my shaking intensified and the fire intensified ...now that was the outward, and inwardly I was aware that it wasn't all just talk that God had truly through HIS spirit manifested His presence in my life and there was such incredible awe and so just in case that the first time wasn't enough, I got it the second time and many times since.

AWESOME GOD-I am really not all that spiritual either, just really curious and just wanting the real GOD~ the real thing and just wanting Him and it really all started at home looking in hindsight and some of things I now see. Praise God~:clap:

Upvote 0

songbird88

Oct 9, 2004
Visit site
✟686.00
Faith
Christian
I was saved at 17. I did not know any Christians at all! Not even one. I read a book about the end times (The Late Great Planet Earth) and some tracts. I believed and was saved! I had formerly been in the occult and the demons began to really attack me. I got hold of a Living Bible NT and read it though. I saw in the book of Acts that people could receive the Holy Spirit and manifest gifts of the Spirit. I knelt down next to my bed and prayed that I receive the Holy Spirit the same way they did. As I was praying I became aware of a welling up from within me and words floating up like water in a spring. The first words were "I have loved you with a great love..." This was a prophecy from Jesus to me.

Since that time I have received manifestations of the Word of Wisdom. The Lord gave me a dream where I was in a cave in the desert. As I looked out of the cave into the sky, I saw the word "revelation" written in the sky. This mean that if I would dedicate myself to Him and His word, I would recevie dreams and visions, including the word of wisdom. The Word of Wisdom is the reception of knowledge about the plans and purposes of God that cannot be received by natural means. Sometimes this knowledge was about the future and the overall plans and purposes of God.

In one such vision of the night I saw a row of houses that I eventually found out represented presidential administrations. This was in 1971. I saw houses that reached out into the future, included now and onward. I was shown the face of the last president of the US as well as the end of the USA as a nation. I saw the fall of Nixon right us through the Clinton impeachment and current wars that are occurring and which will soon occur.
I also saw that the US was going to endure much suffering because of the practice and acceptance of witchcraft. Something that was not so common 32 years ago, but very common now.

In one vision I felt very much like Paul did. I was taken up out of my bed at night and wisked away into the heavens where I heard angels singing... but was not allowed to see anything. I then began to fall back to earth and literally bounced off my bed! In the body or out of the body??? I do not know!

In prayer one night I saw the coastlines of the US being undulated with huge waves and the coastline being pushed inland hundreds of miles. I saw mountains where there were plains and fields of crops where there had been desert. I also had peeks into the millennium. In one such vision I witnessed what appeared to be two huge towers in East and West Asia. I sensed they were constructed by God and Magog.

In one vision I saw a tapestry lowered down out of heaven an on the tapestry I saw the wars and implements of war that would have and will be effected toward Israel. In the last panel of the tapestry I saw a battle where tanks, jet planes, and huge armies were fighting. There was what appeared to be a lazer type of weapon that was shooting down enemy planes. At the very end was the picture of a nuclear bomb exploding in the Holy Land with Jesus in front of it as He descended from the sky.

Many other such things I have experienced. I have seen demons with my physical eyes, heard them with my physical ears and in the spirit realm, and felt the presence of angels come and go in my room. I have cast out demons, laid hands on the sick and had them recover, and prophesied many times. I have felt the presence of angels as they ministered to me in the night.

The most powerful anointing I have ever had occurred one day when we were going to a revival meeting in Rock Hill SC. I had been praying in tongues all the way while driving to the meeting. I felt the "mantle" effect come upon me as I left the van and went into the building. There were two ministers in the meeting both of which were known prophets. People would go forward to be prayed for and many of them would fall under the power of the Spirit. I felt that mantle even stronger when they called me out! As I walked up, the mantle felt like fire. They backed off and exclaimed "Feel the anointing on that boy!" They then prophesied to me and said that the main part of my work would be in the later days. Something that has since come to pass. But that anointing was so powerful! It felt like a flaming overcoat was on my shoulders and I was a foot taller!

Upvote 0

Lathe

Nov 15, 2004
Lassen County
✟2,933.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Last year, when I was baptized. I was praying at the altar and the pastor told me to lift up my arms. My whole body felt rubbery, but when I lifted them up, it felt like something was holding my arms up. I was sort of hanging there... it felt weird, but refreshing.

Upvote 0

Grl4Christ987

Lord have mercy, Christ have mercy...on me
Nov 5, 2004
Physically, PA, spiritually, China
Visit site
✟9,338.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Constitution
Oh goodness. My first Holy Spirit feeling??....it was AWESOME! It was last year at our general conference for our organization and it was on a Thursday night at like 8:30 or soand it was so AWESOME! gosh. But my second most favorite moment in the Spirit was in February. We had just finished up our Youth Revival and me and 3 other young ladies were having a praise and worship/prayer meeting and during when we were having P&W we all couldn't stand up. I was the first to go down on the ground and just sit there and cried and thanked God and sang(which wasn't very good cuz I had tears running down my face) and then all of us just eventually fell. It was the most power I ever felt and I didn't speak in tongues the entire night, which was really weird. Which is kind of ironic me typing this because last night I felt the exact same way. I felt like I wasn't there and that I had such a peace like I hadn't felt since that night in February. I just can't describe it except that it was very awesome. I was in the middle of :groupray:for stuff in my life and I felt really great.

Glory to our God and Saviour Jesus Christ :bow:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.