b_worth_saving

Oct 3, 2008
Cullman, Alabama
✟15,134.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
My wife is tired of our marriage and wants to have a divorce and has her mind pretty well made up. I on the other hand will not even concider it. Its not a choice to choose. What is there for me to do? Im almost at my breaking point because I've poured out my heart, told her what I've done to change and make things better and every time I get rejected and disappointed. HELP PLEASE!

DZoolander

Persnickety Member
Apr 24, 2007
Far far away
✟120,134.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
...and...after reading your post in the married couples only forum:

• learn to control your temper and be more objective about things
  • Don't make threats you don't mean.
  • Don't tell someone to get out and not come back if you don't intend to carry through with it (forever).
  • Realize that if you marry a child - there are going to be childish things going on.
Just a few thoughts ;)

Upvote 0

BrokenOne

Oct 9, 2008
Nova Scotia
✟15,150.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I am in the same situation my wife left me but I am willing to do anything to make things work. That being said I cannot change her mind for her so I have to accept it. All I can do is leave it in the hands of the Lord and use this circumstance to realize my faults and mistakes and hope that sometime down the road things might change. But if they dont I at least know that I tried my best and that I can only be responsible for me. I hope and pray that things work out for you.

Upvote 0

b_worth_saving

Oct 3, 2008
Cullman, Alabama
✟15,134.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Thanks BrokenOne I know how you feel and what you mean. I just keep praying every day that God will bring us back together and I do things right this time and put Him as our focus point in our marriage and do what He wants us to do. And for some reason I think He will do that for me even though every time I talk to her she says no matter what I do she wont come back and dont act like she cares or anything. I just have a feeling that keeps telling me, dont stop, dont give up just yet, keep speaking to her and showing her things. I hope the best for you as well! Ill pray for you.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Autumnleaf

Legend
Jun 18, 2005
✟33,297.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
If your car broke down would you keep turning the key to try to get it to start? Would you pray for God to fix it? People aren't cars but I bet you see where this is heading.

Something went wrong in your marriage and your wife left. You need to find out how to fix it. It doesn't matter if the car broke due to a shoddy part or a deep pothole. You need to find out what is wrong and do some work to fix the marriage.

Upvote 0