Visit site
✟3,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm starting a new virtual Church for all the lost, hidden, unaware, and failing Christians. And yes, I am included right alongside everybody else. Since God has prompted me in everything that has led me in this direction it's only fitting, I think, to start out with a big bang. :rolleyes:

Recently, I had an interesting experience where I asked an Artificial Intelligence Bot some questions about my writing process that dealt with God's word, and its responses were eye-opening. I was amazed and think you will be too.

I am also introducing a new reformed Church to the world to see how God's plan unfolds. Please come and visit! Click on the links in the post "Two Sides And Two Faces Of The Argument."

Or if you prefer, use these two links: Page1 and Page 2

PloverWing

Episcopalian
May 5, 2012
New Jersey
✟336,336.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
The conversation with the AI bot is interesting, but it seems to assume more about the AI bot than it should. The AI bot repeatedly says that it is a language model. For example:
It's true that, as a large language model, I don't experience emotions or hold beliefs in the same way that humans do. My responses are based on the vast amount of information I've been trained on, which includes perspectives from a wide range of people. These perspectives can be conflicting at times, which can make it difficult to take a definitive stance on certain issues.
and
However, as a language model, my role is to present information and insights in a comprehensive and respectful manner.
That is, it's been trained to process language very well: your queries, the vast number of statements people have made on the Internet, and its own responses to you.

This is not the same thing as having been trained on Reformed theology, or Evangelical theology. The AI bot's expertise is in human language, not human philosophy or theology.

Thus, I disagree with your summary that
However, Believers all over the world will rejoice knowing the hypocrisy and fallacy of AI. It is a liberal collective voice of a majority of non-believers who want to neutralize humans and sterilize societies who goes against them.
The AI bot you interacted with is merely reflecting the linguistic utterances in its training set, which is probably as diverse as the Internet itself.

It might be interesting to set up a language model and train it exclusively on the writings of Reformed theologians, or Baptist theologians, or whichever theological tradition you're interested in. I haven't yet heard of that being done. It might give you the more focused perspective you're looking for.

Upvote 0

PloverWing

Episcopalian
May 5, 2012
New Jersey
✟336,336.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I am also introducing a new reformed Church to the world to see how God's plan unfolds.

Interesting. I hope you are able to minister to many people who need to experience God's presence in their lives.

How is your new Reformed church similar to, and different from, the existing Reformed churches?

Upvote 0

Laodicean60

Jul 2, 2023
NM
✟31,226.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It's almost like these forums if you ask a question you'll agree or disagree because of your worldview.
I looking at the answers to this question "What are Jesus's requirements for successful living in the world according to the bible?" The computer didn't do a bad job explaining.

Upvote 0

IamHope

Re-member
Jan 4, 2024
Midwest
Visit site
✟3,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Interesting. I hope you are able to minister to many people who need to experience God's presence in their lives.

How is your new Reformed church similar to, and different from, the existing Reformed churches?

I used the term "reformed", as in changed or improved, not "Reformed" as in compared to historical references or other denominations as you are using, I think. As far as ministering to other people who you say "need to experience God", I'm not sure about that. God calls His elect when He sees fit to call them. My mission is to do what I am told and spread the Gospel. My Church is what I can do with the skills I have at my old age and enjoy doing. This is all for His glory.

My idea is simple. Mankind makes God hard to understand. I'm trying to do God's work as an obedient follower. I abide in Jesus. This means Jesus is the Church as the bible says. Everything is centered around that concept.

The Church intends to provide:

A virtual space for fellowship between like-minded Christians.
A comfortable place to worship, wherever you are.
Eliminate the control of one individual over the members.
Self-governed members and membership.
Conversations are centered around the bible and members' lives.
A return to simple teaching from the bible.
Bring Christ back into a part of normal everyday living.
Remove the corruption from money, there is no giving or tithing.
Eliminate the pastoral influence/control which can and usually is very biased.

This is a partial list. The real answer comes from the body of members and what they see in God's will for the church.

• Informative
Reactions: PloverWing
Upvote 0

IamHope

Re-member
Jan 4, 2024
Midwest
Visit site
✟3,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It's almost like these forums if you ask a question you'll agree or disagree because of your worldview.
I looking at the answers to this question "What are Jesus's requirements for successful living in the world according to the bible?" The computer didn't do a bad job explaining.
I agree, the Bot will tell you exactly what you want to hear. The thing is- Jesus is not like that.

Upvote 0

Laodicean60

Jul 2, 2023
NM
✟31,226.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I agree, the Bot will tell you exactly what you want to hear. The thing is- Jesus is not like that.
It's a program how does it know what I want to hear? It might be easier if you point out a couple of things where you think the computer is opposed to your thinking.

Upvote 0

IamHope

Re-member
Jan 4, 2024
Midwest
Visit site
✟3,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It's a program how does it know what I want to hear? It might be easier if you point out a couple of things where you think the computer is opposed to your thinking.
What might be easier? I never said the bot was opposed to my thinking, did I?

Upvote 0

Laodicean60

Jul 2, 2023
NM
✟31,226.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Derf

Aug 8, 2021
Colorado Springs
✟99,382.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I'm starting a new virtual Church for all the lost, hidden, unaware, and failing Christians. And yes, I am included right alongside everybody else. Since God has prompted me in everything that has led me in this direction it's only fitting, I think, to start out with a big bang. :rolleyes:

Recently, I had an interesting experience where I asked an Artificial Intelligence Bot some questions about my writing process that dealt with God's word, and its responses were eye-opening. I was amazed and think you will be too.

I am also introducing a new reformed Church to the world to see how God's plan unfolds. Please come and visit! Click on the links in the post "Two Sides And Two Faces Of The Argument."

Or if you prefer, use these two links: Page1 and Page 2
Try going through the same process with a different faith, like Buddhism. See if you get the same answers, but with the focus on Buddhism.

Then, try getting the AI to pit the different faiths against each other to find out which one offers the most real, long-term hope for salvation from death.

Reactions: IamHope
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

IamHope

Re-member
Jan 4, 2024
Midwest
Visit site
✟3,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Ok. the bot is telling you what you want to hear cool.
This post is not about me. If you do not like the pages I linked to that's not a problem. They are intended to be what ever it is you make of them. If you follow Jesus, you'll hear Him, if you follow the world you won't hear Him, or you hear what the world says. You cannot see something if you are blind to it or hear something when you are deaf to it, Jesus talks about this.

I have nothing to do with what's in your heart, That's God's work. You don't do anyone any good when you retaliate with that kind of comment.

Reactions: Laodicean60
Upvote 0

Derf

Aug 8, 2021
Colorado Springs
✟99,382.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I used the term "reformed", as in changed or improved, not "Reformed" as in compared to historical references or other denominations as you are using, I think. As far as ministering to other people who you say "need to experience God", I'm not sure about that. God calls His elect when He sees fit to call them. My mission is to do what I am told and spread the Gospel. My Church is what I can do with the skills I have at my old age and enjoy doing. This is all for His glory.

My idea is simple. Mankind makes God hard to understand. I'm trying to do God's work as an obedient follower. I abide in Jesus. This means Jesus is the Church as the bible says. Everything is centered around that concept.

The Church intends to provide:

A virtual space for fellowship between like-minded Christians.
A comfortable place to worship, wherever you are.
Eliminate the control of one individual over the members.
Self-governed members and membership.
Conversations are centered around the bible and members' lives.
A return to simple teaching from the bible.
Bring Christ back into a part of normal everyday living.
Remove the corruption from money, there is no giving or tithing.
Eliminate the pastoral influence/control which can and usually is very biased.

This is a partial list. The real answer comes from the body of members and what they see in God's will for the church.
A virtual church will generate virtual Christians. I'm not sure how helpful that will be.

Upvote 0

Derf

Aug 8, 2021
Colorado Springs
✟99,382.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
You and me both but it is worth a try, don't you think?
It's probably worth trying for some good discussion, maybe some encouragement, keeping each other accountable. It will end up being like Christian Forums, if it succeeds.

Upvote 0

IamHope

Re-member
Jan 4, 2024
Midwest
Visit site
✟3,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It's probably worth trying for some good discussion, maybe some encouragement, keeping each other accountable. It will end up being like Christian Forums, if it succeeds.
"....like Christian Forums" in what sense? And if you don't mind please tell me what you think success is. I certainly do not want to fail God's plans for me!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Derf

Aug 8, 2021
Colorado Springs
✟99,382.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
"....like Christian Forums" in what sense? And if you don't mind please tell me what you think success is. I certainly do not want to fail God's plans for me!
How many friends do you have here at Christian Forums? How well do they know you? Are you able to hold them accountable, keeping them from falling into sin or forsaking their faith? When someone disappears from a forum like this, how do you go find them?

Now, how would your online church be able to do those things better?

(I'm not knocking CF here, just pointing out that it isn't a church.)

• Agree
Reactions: Laodicean60
Upvote 0

IamHope

Re-member
Jan 4, 2024
Midwest
Visit site
✟3,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
This is a Christian only forum post, I can only conclude you have lost your faith? Do you have faith in Jesus? He is the Church, you understand that, don't you?

I can not speak to what Christian Forums stand for, and friendship has little to nothing to do with being Christian.

You did not tell me what success would be. Instead, you told me how I would fail. This is not about me. It is about how Jesus works in our lives.

You are absolutely correct about going out and bringing lost souls back to this forum, but God works in strange ways. Who's to say the lost won't come to visit my church and like it?

Nobody can force anyone to be accountable or keep them from falling into sin or forsaking their faith. Those are directly handled in prayer to Jesus. God's will be done, not what you or I want.

Upvote 0

Veloman

Oct 5, 2021
Stockbridge, GA
✟24,087.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
To the O.P.....I applaud you for your efforts. The majority of the human populous has been conditioned by a miniscule sliver of the populous to abandon their rationale and common sense to a mere computer program commonly identified as A.I. This is madness. The real evil in this does not literally lie in the lines of computer code that are arranged to manifest a software program. The real evil in this is the conditioning that is being employed by A.I's creators to manipulate the masses to "trust" A.I's "intelligence". The sadening truth is that most people on this planet don't have an even modestly bright I.Q. The very few among the small demographic of exceptionally bright individuals who have created A.I. know that they have the power to manipulate those who are intellectually inferior. If they knew that the premise of A.I. is actually to manipulate them for it's creators' evil ulterior motives of absolute power (such as steering/influencing social norms, influencing buying habits, and influencing all facets of the government and legal processes), the human masses would abandon it.
Perhaps we can start informing the masses by copying this post of mine on every social media platform we collectively are on, encourage that it be shared, and name the title, "A.I's Evil Purpose--Why You Need to Abandon A.I. Now!" #abandonAI

It's all about absolute control.

Upvote 0

IamHope

Re-member
Jan 4, 2024
Midwest
Visit site
✟3,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I had to think quite a bit on this because I knew you were not understanding my interest in the conversation with the AI bot and what point I was trying to make. First, forgive me for posting without giving it more thought. I didn't realize I would be scrutinized (not just you and I include myself because my own questions) over something I was sharing. I didn't realize this would happen because I have no agenda and wasn't trying to get something over on anyone. Duh, I should have known better! And on top of that, it should be obvious that I do not write for a living. I write to try and communicate to other people and I do not do a very good job at it most of the time. Throw on top of that, the fact that we are all strangers and things can go South quickly, especially if those things are not clear, whatever things they may be. So, knowing now, in hind-site that I did not do a very good job at being clear, I tried to re-write and add some reference material and be more clear. I have no idea if this will make a difference to help anyones' understanding but I hope it does.

And I addressed your question as best I could Laodicean60 because you were nice enough to ask me to make sense. My replies to you were honest questions, that is the only way I know how to correct my mistakes. It really is hard when you are writing about something so difficult to explain and understand yourself. But, I gave it another shot. I specifically address how an AI bot knows what you want to hear. The other issue was how the bot was opposed to my thinking and that is addressed also in the context of (me) being a Christian who follows Jesus- He is the truth. If you want to try it again here is the best place to start- [new reference page]

Upvote 0

IamHope

Re-member
Jan 4, 2024
Midwest
Visit site
✟3,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The sadening truth is that most people on this planet don't have an even modestly bright I.Q.
I am not all that bright, ask me anytime after I have made a mistake or said something stupid. Intelligence is used by people as a tool to make other people look bad, something of lesser value. I just do not believe in that kind of thing. God made salvation available to all mankind. Including children who are the most vulnerable, innocent and lack education and are dependant on others. God gave us His only begotten Son so as to save the world not to condemn it.

In my post, I shared what I thought to be an amazing similarity between how truthful people talk and how an AI bot talks without any regard for the truth. It is a very complex topic and difficult to discuss. However, I want to clarify that I am not condemning the use of artificial intelligence, or the people who put all the work into its development. I do think it can be used in dangerous ways but this is true with many acceptable things we use in our world.

Upvote 0