✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi all,

I'm reminded that in 2008 John McCain, then running for president, heard a woman at one of his rallies denigrate Barack Obama, his opponent.

Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.), cut off a woman during a 2008 rally when he was running for president after she said she could not trust then-Democratic nominee Barack Obama because “he’s an Arab.”

McCain, who feuded with Trump in the years before his death in 2018, grabbed the microphone and corrected her.

“No, ma’am. He’s a decent family man [and] citizen that I just happen to have disagreements with on fundamental issues and that’s what this campaign’s all about”.

A man with the civility and wisdom to stand up, even to one of his own supporters, to correct an obvious lie concerning an opponent. It's doubtful that we may ever see such days again in America. Is that why we're great?

God bless,
In Christ, ted

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi all again,

Wow! This sure is a tough crowd. One thinks Sen. McCain's comment is insulting to Arabs and another thinks its all about his politics.

FOLKS!!!! My post is to point out how an honest, decent man would handle their supporters being misinformed and saying something that is mean and not true about an opponent. He doesn't flap his wings and boil up the crowd to continue with such behavior.

Sorry you guys didn't get it and that's exactly why I closed by saying that we're not likely to see days like that ever again in our political voting process. That's what makes America great...right!

God bless,
In Christ, ted

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,109,676.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hi all again,

Wow! This sure is a tough crowd. One thinks Sen. McCain's comment is insulting to Arabs and another thinks its all about his politics.

FOLKS!!!! My post is to point out how an honest, decent man would handle their supporters being misinformed and saying something that is mean and not true about an opponent. He doesn't flap his wings and boil up the crowd to continue with such behavior.

Sorry you guys didn't get it and that's exactly why I closed by saying that we're not likely to see days like that ever again in our political voting process. That's what makes America great...right!

God bless,
In Christ, ted
Oh, I think we all got it, even those who didn't agree with McCain's politics.

Upvote 0

FenderTL5

Κύριε, ἐλέησον.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2016
Nashville TN
✟634,456.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
My post is to point out how an honest, decent man would handle their supporters being misinformed and saying something that is mean and not true about an opponent. He doesn't flap his wings and boil up the crowd to continue with such behavior.

God bless,
In Christ, ted
Agree.
There are a lot of areas where I have disagreed with John McCain.
I never doubted his integrity.

• Agree
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Agree.
There are a lot of areas where I have disagreed with John McCain.
I never doubted his integrity.

Hi fender,

I also have not been in agreement with particular policies and how some issues have been handled under various presidents, but I agree, I've doubted the integrity of very few of them. Richard Nixon and Bill Clinton would be the two that I have ever had questions as to their integrity...until now.

God bless,
In Christ, ted

• Agree
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums