Faithful Love

Jesus is Love and He is Faithful
May 22, 2008
✟8,551.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Contrary to the disparaging and heresy accusation-filled remarks in another thread, I thought it would be good to get "the other side of the coin". Oh my, he sounds so evil, so heretical - NOT!!

After I came into the knowledge of the Word and started learning what the Bible said about how God can work supernaturally in our lives, one of the people at the church I pastored told me about the Reverend Jim Jones. This person said that great spiritual and supernatural things were happening in this man's ministry.
I was interested in anything that was supernatural in terms of the things of God, and I wanted to be right there when God was operating supernaturally in order to learn everything I could. This person told me that Jones was having some meetings in the Los Angeles area, so I went with a friend of mine to see what was going on.

By the time we got to the auditorium where the meeting was being held, the place was packed and we got two seats in the last row of the auditorium. The place was literally rocking, as the congregation had been singing for quite some time. All of a sudden, a lady in the front row jumped out of her seat and said, "Praise the Lord, praise the Lord, thank you Jesus, thank you Jesus, thank you Jesus, thank you Jesus."

Jones had been sitting on the platform all this time, quiet, with a pair of dark sunglasses on. When he heard this lady, he came to the pulpit. He stared down at her and with a stern voice, he said, "We will have none of that here! You have to get my teaching."

When I heard Jones say this, my first thought was, "You mean we cannot praise the Lord here? We cannot say, 'Thank you, Jesus'?"

Later, when he got into his message, Jones told the congregation, "You do not need this Bible. You have to get my teaching. Even Jesus said, when He sent His disciples out, 'Carry no script with you,' and script is short for Scripture. You do not need this Book!"

We got out of that place very quickly. To show you that you definitely need "this Book," a few years later, Jones convinced hundreds of his followers to quit their jobs, sell their homes and follow him to the jungles of Guyana in South America. Eventually, he ordered them all to take communion with poisoned Kool-Aid and had them all commit suicide.

Apostle John warns us in 1 John 4:1, Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits, whether they are of God; because many false prophets have gone out into the world. In order to test the spirits we need something as a guide to test them with. That guide is the Word of God. If you remove the Bible, you have nothing to measure by.

There is no way the Holy Spirit will say, "You do not need this Book." He gives us only things based on the Word of God and everything God tells the Holy Spirit to give us is based directly on the Bible. There is no doubt that God uses men to proclaim the gospel, but you have to test the spirit that is behind what the man is saying. The only way you will know if what he is saying is valid is by examining it by the Word of God.

Even when you cannot initially understand what someone is saying or teaching, the basis for your accepting or rejecting it should be the Word of God. The Holy Spirit should witness to you as to whether or not what a minister is saying is right. The Word will act as a bridge for that revelation. In fact, I constantly encourage people to check out what I am saying by checking the Word for themselves. That way, they will know that they know what the Bible says about what I am talking about.

The bottom line is that the devil wants you to stay ignorant. He does not want you to learn what God has available for you through Jesus Christ. He does not want you to know what rights are yours, or that through Christ you have the victory over him in all areas of your life. Satan wants you one way-whipped, defeated and ignorant-so he can keep messing your life up every chance he gets.

The only way you will get out of that rut is by studying the Word for yourself. Yes, you should go to a church where they meet your spiritual needs. Yes, you should go to Bible study. Yes, it is a good idea to listen to messages and watch TV programs where they teach the uncompromising Word. However-and this is a big however-if you do not check out what the preacher is saying with the Word and continue to build on that foundation by studying the Word on your own, you will get very little personal benefit.

This devotional was excerpted from Dr. Price's book, "Beware! The Lies of Satan."

GreatistheLord

I can do ALL things through Christ
Mar 14, 2005
✟19,856.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
We shouldn't put people on a pedestal, or call them antichrists either when they say things we dont believe.
God uses us all, as christians, and under His anointing we can do great things, and in the flesh sometimes stupid things (this is not directed at anyone).

Upvote 0

Moriah_Conquering_Wind

Mar 6, 2006
✟34,174.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
We shouldn't put people on a pedestal, or call them antichrists either when they say things we dont believe.
God uses us all, as christians, and under His anointing we can do great things, and in the flesh sometimes stupid things (this is not directed at anyone).
Amen. The deeper meaning to Romans 2:1, beyond the mirror game that judgment passing plays, conveys the problem inherent to drawing dividing lines and distinctions between self and others in the mind (the essence of judgment making). (For more information hit up Moriah's blog entry on Krino, Diakrino and Katakrino). When we try to make those distinctions we directly disobey Jesus' instruction to let BOTH (wheat and tares) grow together and to NOT try to pull up the tares ahead of time because we WILL destroy the wheat. He will separate all things HIMSELF at His 3-d appearing, and HE will do it RIGHT. Meanwhile we can trust that His power surpasses all other powers to the point where He can handle snakes and scorpions AND drink deadly poisons, and NOT be harmed. Likewise, in Him, so can we. (This teaching of His, like the one about plucking out eyes and cutting off hands rather than going to hell whole, bes figurative and allegorical, NOT 3-d literal.)

Moriah still bes in the process of learning to apply and live this herself -- NOT yet perfect at not drawing those dividing lines, but learning and growing. At least now it tends more to PLAY with its sword in irritation rather than straightaway lopping off ears left and right, hey that bes SOME improvement, RIGHT? ^_^

Upvote 0

dkbwarrior

Favoured of the Lord
Sep 19, 2006
Tulsa, Oklahoma
✟14,349.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Contrary to the disparaging and heresy accusation-filled remarks in another thread, I thought it would be good to get "the other side of the coin". Oh my, he sounds so evil, so heretical - NOT!!

After I came into the knowledge of the Word and started learning what the Bible said about how God can work supernaturally in our lives, one of the people at the church I pastored told me about the Reverend Jim Jones. This person said that great spiritual and supernatural things were happening in this man's ministry.
I was interested in anything that was supernatural in terms of the things of God, and I wanted to be right there when God was operating supernaturally in order to learn everything I could. This person told me that Jones was having some meetings in the Los Angeles area, so I went with a friend of mine to see what was going on.

By the time we got to the auditorium where the meeting was being held, the place was packed and we got two seats in the last row of the auditorium. The place was literally rocking, as the congregation had been singing for quite some time. All of a sudden, a lady in the front row jumped out of her seat and said, "Praise the Lord, praise the Lord, thank you Jesus, thank you Jesus, thank you Jesus, thank you Jesus."

Jones had been sitting on the platform all this time, quiet, with a pair of dark sunglasses on. When he heard this lady, he came to the pulpit. He stared down at her and with a stern voice, he said, "We will have none of that here! You have to get my teaching."

When I heard Jones say this, my first thought was, "You mean we cannot praise the Lord here? We cannot say, 'Thank you, Jesus'?"

Later, when he got into his message, Jones told the congregation, "You do not need this Bible. You have to get my teaching. Even Jesus said, when He sent His disciples out, 'Carry no script with you,' and script is short for Scripture. You do not need this Book!"

We got out of that place very quickly. To show you that you definitely need "this Book," a few years later, Jones convinced hundreds of his followers to quit their jobs, sell their homes and follow him to the jungles of Guyana in South America. Eventually, he ordered them all to take communion with poisoned Kool-Aid and had them all commit suicide.

Apostle John warns us in 1 John 4:1, Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits, whether they are of God; because many false prophets have gone out into the world. In order to test the spirits we need something as a guide to test them with. That guide is the Word of God. If you remove the Bible, you have nothing to measure by.

There is no way the Holy Spirit will say, "You do not need this Book." He gives us only things based on the Word of God and everything God tells the Holy Spirit to give us is based directly on the Bible. There is no doubt that God uses men to proclaim the gospel, but you have to test the spirit that is behind what the man is saying. The only way you will know if what he is saying is valid is by examining it by the Word of God.

Even when you cannot initially understand what someone is saying or teaching, the basis for your accepting or rejecting it should be the Word of God. The Holy Spirit should witness to you as to whether or not what a minister is saying is right. The Word will act as a bridge for that revelation. In fact, I constantly encourage people to check out what I am saying by checking the Word for themselves. That way, they will know that they know what the Bible says about what I am talking about.

The bottom line is that the devil wants you to stay ignorant. He does not want you to learn what God has available for you through Jesus Christ. He does not want you to know what rights are yours, or that through Christ you have the victory over him in all areas of your life. Satan wants you one way-whipped, defeated and ignorant-so he can keep messing your life up every chance he gets.

The only way you will get out of that rut is by studying the Word for yourself. Yes, you should go to a church where they meet your spiritual needs. Yes, you should go to Bible study. Yes, it is a good idea to listen to messages and watch TV programs where they teach the uncompromising Word. However-and this is a big however-if you do not check out what the preacher is saying with the Word and continue to build on that foundation by studying the Word on your own, you will get very little personal benefit.

This devotional was excerpted from Dr. Price's book, "Beware! The Lies of Satan."

Amen. Good quote.

Dr. Price is one of the great men of this past generation. Thank God for him.

Peace...

Upvote 0

JimfromOhio

Life of Trials :)
Feb 7, 2004
Central Ohio
✟60,248.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I am reminded by Jesus words in Matthew 15:12-14 Then the disciples came to him and asked, "Do you know that the Pharisees were offended when they heard this?"
Jesus replied, "Every plant that my heavenly Father has not planted will be pulled up by the roots. Leave them; they are blind guides. If a blind man leads a blind man, both will fall into a pit."

There are those who teaches without the Bible but there are MANY false teachers who will use the Bible as their SOURCE of their interpretation of the gospel. Jesus said in Matthew 7:16-20 By their fruit you will recognize them. Do people pick grapes from thornbushes, or figs from thistles? Likewise every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, and a bad tree cannot bear good fruit. Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. Thus, by their fruit you will recognize them.

John 15, Jesus explains that Christians are the branches that sometime will fail to bear fruit and this is where God will prune our fruitless branches. The fruitless branches are cut off from our life. Jesus is the vine and our vinedresser is the Father. God is pruning in the concept of purging. The word purge means "to cleanse", "to prune". God purges/prunes a branch that bears fruit (a Christian) so that it might bear more fruit (become spiritually mature). John 15 is an interesting chapter and I believe this chapter have strong ties to Romans 12:1-2 and Hebrews 12. "The Lord disciplines those He loves, and He punishes everyone He accepts as a child." (Hebrews 12:6).

As a Christian, we still can have sinful desires, foolish desires, proud desires and at the same time, have godly desires. Discernment is very important when trying to understand MAN'S doctrines. If you are not discerning, you will be blind following the blind teacher.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.