Connecticut
✟9,187.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
We have a king and it still ain't big enough. My husband sleeps diagonally and either hogs all the covers or if he gets too hot, he kicks them to the bottom of the bed where they ultimately end up on the floor at the foot of the bed.

Ha! This sounds familiar. We start out snuggling up, with my wife's head on my chest, then when we actually sleep:) we move apart. We sleep on a queen size bed, and during the night I end uo with most of the blankets, which she teases me about. I tease her back that I deserve more of the blankets - and bed for that matter - since I'm bigger.^_^

Upvote 0
May 25, 2010
Visit site
✟18,018.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
LOL!!!!

You have a very long and narrow bed!!

I hope ya'll are tall and skinny!!!:pray:

Love

Dallas

He's 6'0" and about 30 pounds overweight, I'm 5'4" and a size 16-18, but honestly don't have even 20 pounds to lose. I'm built large. So lengthwise, I'm swimming in it. Width wise, it's not bad at all. It's just we can't find sheets for it and I have no way to make them or get them made.

Upvote 0

Rebekka

meow meow meow meow meow meow
Oct 25, 2006
✟34,375.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Mattress Sizes

• Twin--39 x 75 inches (or 99 x 190 cm)
  • X-Long Twin--39 x 80 inches (99 x 203 cm)
  • Full--54 x 75 inches (137 x 190 cm)
  • Queen--60 x 80 inches (or 153 x 203 cm)
  • King--76 x 80 inches (or 198 x 203 cm)
  • California King--72 x 84 inches (or 182 x 213 cm)
Thanks bliz! :thumbsup:

Our bedsize is apparently nonexistent in the US. A California king comes closest to our bed.

Upvote 0

Niffer

So...that just happened.
Aug 1, 2008
Ontario
✟20,246.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Queen sized for us!
We LOVE our bed. It was a wedding gift from my folks and it's sooo lovely.
Sometimes I feel like I need a bigger bed when Remi decides to roll on me in his sleep, or I get elbowed somewhere! (actually thats when I think HE needs another bed. ;) )
But we're happy with our bed size. I'm pretty tiny (5'3, 115lbs) Remi's a bigger guy, but we fit! :)

- Niff

Upvote 0

desmalia

sounds like somebody's got a case of the mondays
Sep 29, 2006
Canada
Visit site
✟18,512.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
When we got married a few years ago we had a double (full) mattress and it was fine. Except that hubby has restless legs and kicks like crazy most nights. He also migrates around the bed and smacks his elbows out, without understanding that there might be someone he might hit (me!), lol. Earlier this year we got a king size, and it was worse because it just gave him more room to kick! So we now have a bank of pillows between us to protect me from the kicking. So it's not that much more space in the end because of the kicking. But I guess it's better overall. At least his elbows are no longer a problem. I do miss sleeping closer to him though and wish there was a cure to restless leg syndrome. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums