✟22,925.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Originally posted by Help-me-learn
If Jesus took away the sin of the whole world, then what sin does that not cover?

The only sin I can think of would be rejecting the Holy Spirit.  Anything else can be forgiven.  But one muct receive the gift of salvation through faith.  If one does not do this then that sin is unpardonable. 

Upvote 0

Sean R. Sherman

Sep 24, 2002
✟7,650.00
Faith
Pentecostal
It is true my brothers that the Sin that is unforgiven is to Blaspheme against the Holy Ghost.

Mark 3:29 But he that shall blaspheme against the Holy Ghost hath never forgiveness, but is in danger of eternal [wash my mouth][wash my mouth][wash my mouth][wash my mouth]ation:

So what exactly is Blaspheme?
The Greek -
987. blasphemeo, blas-fay-meh'-o; from G989; to vilify; spec. to speak impiously:--(speak) blaspheme (-er, -mously, -my), defame, rail on, revile, speak evil.

So its to defame, rail on, revile, or Speak evil of the Holy Ghost. This would also be to say it is not of God so I do not except it, or it is evil so i do not believe in it. But I tell you this Brethren that the holy Spirit is God him self for even Paul says that God is a Spirit. And so this would be Blasphemy against God himself. In Acts when this happened Pau Spoke to the first of what he did and he dropped Dead and then he spoke to the second saying that the same people who burried the first were at her door and that they would carry her away also. And she dropped dead at the feet of Paul.
So you see Blaspheme of the Holy Ghost is unto death or eternal [wash my mouth][wash my mouth][wash my mouth][wash my mouth]ation.

Upvote 0

Blackhawk

Monkey Boy
Feb 5, 2002
Ft. Worth, tx
Visit site
✟22,925.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Originally posted by LouisBooth
Yup, but I would also point out that is you continue sinning without repentance it might be something you need to check out. For as paul says, shall we keep sinning that grace may abound more? By no means!

true brother.  I think that if one sins and does not repent (if one knows about their sin) then I would really question their salvation.  I only said if they knew because I learn all the time, through the Holy Spirit's conviction, that what I thought was okay was really a sin and am eternally amazed of God's grace for me. 

Upvote 0

JohnR7

Feb 9, 2002
Ohio
✟29,532.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Blaspheme against the Holy Ghost is the wide and broad way that leadeth to destruction. There does seem to be a point of no return. People who speak out against the miracles and healing, are well on their way.

I have seen people who may not be saved, but they still live long, productive lives, because they clamp their mouth and they dare not speak out against God.

One thing God will not allow is for people to hinder the work he is doing, or get in His way. Each individual has a choice if they want to allow God to do a work in their life or not. But no one can get in the way of the work of restoration and redemption God is doing in this world. He will not allow it.

That is why we need to be careful not to hinder God or greive the Holy Spirit of God in the work He is doing. We had a singer who was upset because she did not feel she got enough camera time. She throw a fit because she thought the camera should be on her more. She got swept out of there so fast along with some of her friends. She was just gone. Some of the friends she had, who were not swept along with her, were really humbled by it. God raised up other to take her place right away.

Upvote 0

debs

May 18, 2002
Visit site
✟403.00
"If Jesus took away the sin of the whole world, then what sin does that not cover"
IF? IF? IF?....???
anyway its the sins you have committed and the sinful nature in you that he took away...for all that recieved him, for all who belived on his name , he gave the right to become children of God, ...etc
" You will call him Jesus, for he will save HIS people from THEIR sins"..

Upvote 0

preston08

In God we trust
Dec 12, 2003
British Columbia, Canada
✟328.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Blackhawk said:
The only sin I can think of would be rejecting the Holy Spirit.  Anything else can be forgiven.  But one muct receive the gift of salvation through faith.  If one does not do this then that sin is unpardonable. 

What does ". " mean?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.