✟19,496.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
hola said:
For me...

I don't think a church should determine my beliefs for me,
but my beliefs should determine which church I attend.

The Word of God is what the Church should base it's teachings on...and what the True Church is supposed to allign it's doctrine with. I don't think that it should be the other way around. Or the Church would then be the head, and not Christ, who is the Word of God.
Amen and well said. I didn't even make a certain church my church home until just awhile back because I wanted to be firm in the Word of God first so I could find a church that was Biblically based.

Upvote 0

oldrooster

Thank You Jerry
Apr 4, 2004
Salt lake City, Utah
✟8,141.00
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
happyinhisgrace said:
Amen and well said. I didn't even make a certain church my church home until just awhile back because I wanted to be firm in the Word of God first so I could find a church that was Biblically based.
I love my current church, I now look forward to going.....

Upvote 0

rainbowprism

Elevate My Soul
May 4, 2004
Ohio
✟1,869.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I believe in finding a church that you would join as a member. In this day and age, people are so afraid to make commitment to anything but in some cases it is important...and making a commitment to a community that is offered through church is one of them for many reasons.

Upvote 0
C

Crystal_Dawn

The main thing for me is that if the Pastor preaches it, he needs to present the Biblical evidence to back it up. If he is providing Scripture within context to correlate his teachings than I will listen and go with what the Holy Spirit tells me. If you encounter an issue that is of serious concern to you, you may consider meeting with the Pastor to have him clarify the beliefs.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.