Nov 22, 2007
✟24,749.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
I came across this review for a DVD about Calvinism and I would be very interested in a response from a Calvanist.

"Augustine was its chief architect (which is why it is also known as Augustinianism...)"

But there's more.

His complete review can be found here and I would appreciate a response. Thank you for your time and reply(ies).

Defcon

------ Dr. Greg Bahnsen
Sep 14, 2005
✟17,065.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
I actually just purchased this DVD set about 2 weeks ago and finished it in a couple of evenings. I have since passed it on to family members who are not Calvinists. Personally, I found it to be very good. It goes into depth on the history of the debate as well as discussing the scriptural basis for Calvinism.

It obviously presents a strong case for Calvinism. One shouldn't watch this DVD expecting Arminianism or Semi-Pelgianism to get equal airtime. That said, these views are popular in the church today so I don't think one would have a hard time finding the alternative view.

The total running time is a little over 4 hours and covers a lot of material. The DVD's are broken down in roughly 30 minute segments so it can be used for discussion, etc. Overall, I think it provides a good synopsis of the debate concerning God's role and man's role in salvation.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Defcon

------ Dr. Greg Bahnsen
Sep 14, 2005
✟17,065.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Either I did not make myself clear or the question is being actively avoided. I wasn't asking for another review of the DVD but a response to the reviewer's claim or claims about Calvinism.

Sorry, I misinterpreted the point of your post. It was not intentional.

Upvote 0