• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.

What Operating System are you using on your computer?

Discussion in 'Technology' started by nChrist, Nov 6, 2019.

1. Windows 10

11 vote(s)
    40.7%
  2. Windows 8

1 vote(s)
    3.7%
  3. Windows 7

1 vote(s)
    3.7%
  4. Other older Windows Systems

1 vote(s)
    3.7%
  5. MAC

3 vote(s)
    11.1%
  6. Linux

7 vote(s)
    25.9%
  7. Other - Please specify

3 vote(s)
    11.1%
  1. Bob Crowley

Bob Crowley Well-Known Member Supporter

+490
    Australia
    Catholic
    Married
    I dual boot Windows 10 and Redhat Fedora. I'm not an expert in either, but I suppose I know the basics.

2. High Fidelity

High Fidelity Well-Known Member Supporter

+7,760
    United Kingdom
    Baptist
    Private
    MacOS. Linux: Redhat, Ubuntu and Kali.

3. nonaeroterraqueous

nonaeroterraqueous Nonexistent Member

+1,833
    United States
    Protestant
    Married
    It's nice to see so many people trying something other than Windows. It's a very good operating system, but I feel it's a significant weakness when everyone is using the same OS. That could go wrong in so many ways.

4. Wookiee

Wookiee Cool. Cool, cool, cool.

+60
    Australia
    Christian
    Divorced
    AU-Liberals
    Why? Like I get it's way easier to target one particular product than many, but that's literally the only drawback. It's more or less how cyber-criminals have been operating until recent years when Mac and Linux have been adopted more.

5. nonaeroterraqueous

nonaeroterraqueous Nonexistent Member

+1,833
    United States
    Protestant
    Married
    That's not a small drawback. There are also the problems inherent in any monopoly, such as a lack of incentive, control over the market, lack of price competition, and...most importantly, the ability to insert anything and foist it upon an unwilling public. The opportunity for corruption is far vaster with a monopolized OS. That's a lot of power in the hands of a few, and the code is closed, preventing accountability. Computing is a big deal in modern society, and a monopoly of the OS no trivial matter.

6. Wookiee

Wookiee Cool. Cool, cool, cool.

+60
    Australia
    Christian
    Divorced
    AU-Liberals
    Well that's a good point, definitely something I overlooked.

I, by no means, am advocating everyone use Windows for everything, but to support end users it's preferable by a long shot.

7. sunshineforJesus

sunshineforJesus is so in love with God Supporter

+8,860
    United States
    Pentecostal
    Single
    US-Republican
    I have windows 10 which works great.

8. Jeshu

Jeshu Bought by His Blood Supporter

+5,446
    Australia
    Christian
    Married
    Ubuntu 18.04. Works great!
    Screenshot from 2020-02-26 08-15-34.png

9. jahel

jahel ~Cassia~

+210
    Canada
    Christian
    Private
    MacBook with Safari

10. Quentin

Quentin Always seeking His face and light...

+137
    United States
    Reformed
    Single
    US-Democrat
    I use Microsoft Windows 10 Pro. It came with my desktop and I am required to have Win 10 for my college education.