Not open for further replies.

Kotton

Feb 8, 2002
Kansas
Visit site
✟20,964.00
Faith
Catholic
The scourge, and sometimes the joke, of Topeka.   

Seems whenever we are in Topeka, Fred and his group are picketing somebody. Last time it was the Lutherans, who were holding a presentation of certificates for men completing a course of study deacons or lay leaders. :rolleyes: Went to Mass one Sunday in downtown and they were down the block at a Methodist church. I understand they are regulars at Washburn U. graduations. Saw them when my brother received his degree in law. (Fred's sons and daughters are graduates of W.U. School of Law.)  :scratch:

Kotton :wave:

Upvote 0

Annabel Lee

Beware the Thought Police
Feb 8, 2002
Q'onoS
✟39,227.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Others
Originally posted by Auntie_Belle_Um
"The scourge, and sometimes the joke, of Topeka."

Someone, enlighten me please. Who exactly is this Fred Phelps guy?

I'll pm you his website. Wouldn't want to contaminate this nice forum.
Just be prepared for the worst. :eek:

Upvote 0

Auntie

THANK YOU JESUS!!
Apr 16, 2002
Visit site
✟27,878.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thanks Annabel and Jeff.:)

You would think there would be some kind of law against a guy like that. Is he the preacher at that Westboro Baptist Church? He is evil, using God's word as a platform for hate. Who would build a ministry around hate? Worse yet, are people blind enough to follow this guy?

Upvote 0

Kotton

Feb 8, 2002
Kansas
Visit site
✟20,964.00
Faith
Catholic
Originally posted by Auntie_Belle_Um
Worse yet, are people blind enough to follow this guy?
   I believe the members are 90% his family (give or take a few). I wonder about the people who marry into this family. :(    They of course bring out the children to participate.  :mad:

Kotton   :rolleyes:

Upvote 0

Lynn

Veteran
Feb 14, 2002
Ogden, UT
Visit site
✟10,696.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I just did a google search on Mr. Phelps.

How utterly, completely, unimaginably sad that someone would allow such hatred and contempt to rule his life. and the lives of his followers.

I guess all I can do is pray, for him, for his followers, and for his victims.

lynn

Upvote 0
And if that wasn't enough, on his website he has the unmitigated gall to have a soundbite of Matthew Sheppard in hell screaming, "For God's sake, listen to Phelps!" :cry:

I know from reading scripture that God sees homosexuality as an abomination. But we are to reach out in love and compassion to those who are being persecuted for their lifestyle. We are not to picket funerals, say such tripe like "no tears for queers", ad nauseum. :(

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.