Jun 8, 2007
Arizona
✟22,350.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Politics
US-Republican
Anyone ever watch this show What not to wear? They had one that was dressing your age after 50 or something to that effect. I gotta tell ya, I was offended after watching it. I mean they did makeovers on these women over 50 and even though they did look better afterward (cuz who wouldn't after getting hair, makeup, and new clothes) some of the comments they made I was just like ?????really?????
Like for example one woman liked to shop in the junior section and she had a nice figure and Stacy whatever her name is (London? I think?) and some other dude says "a 20 something guy sees this woman from across the parking lot and thinks ooohh she looks kinda hot (cuz of the jeans she was wearing) and then he sees her and he's like whoa!! she's not 19! and then goes on to say SHE is dressing inappropriate for HER age. I have never heard of this. I mean seriously I can understand if its a 50 something in spandex or some midriff showing mini skirt or something like that, but jeans??? really??? WHATEVER! I am over 50 and I wear what I like. If I find it in the Junior department so what? Who are these 30 somethings that think they can tell us what to wear? I am not gonna start dressing "old" cuz some 20-30 yr old can't handle it and she's some fashion guru whateva. Hmmmf. So what do you think?

peacechild4

My ♥ is hidden in GOD~ want to find me ~ find GOD
Mar 4, 2005
Victoria Australia
Visit site
✟38,392.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Me either..

I think you can wear whatever you like and it makes you feel better about yourself if you look good and clothes can age you... though sometimes the young girls got it wrong.. with midriff showing and umm chubby bulge.. not attractive at any age..

Upvote 0

JohnDB

May 16, 2007
nashville
✟53,921.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I really have no opinion either way...

I have seen women who can wear a gunny sack and make it look sexy.
And I have seen women that nothing that they put on will help a bit.

as far as guys go...well...I have never seen an attractive guy in my life so...I can't say a word about them...except that the more they cover up the better I feel around them. (guy's bare bellies and legs are always nasty to me)

But what about Mickey mouse ears?
What about Ice Skates?
What about Tap Shoes?
Thong style Swim-wear bottoms shouldn't be worn by anyone. (IMHO...even a small triangle is better than a thong)

And on a side note...

Can a 22 year old wear granny glasses?
Or a thirty something a girdle?
How about support hose?
What is the age minimum for a "push up" bra?

And diapers only brings up a whole can of worms...so we will leave that out for the moment.

Upvote 0

memoriesbymichelle

Senior Veteran
Jun 8, 2007
Arizona
✟22,350.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Politics
US-Republican
I really have no opinion either way...

I have seen women who can wear a gunny sack and make it look sexy.
And I have seen women that nothing that they put on will help a bit.

True dat!
as far as guys go...well...I have never seen an attractive guy in my life so...I can't say a word about them...except that the more they cover up the better I feel around them. (guy's bare bellies and legs are always nasty to me)

Well I like guys bare abs if he has a sixpack! ;)
But what about Mickey mouse ears?
If you're at Disneyland or it's Holloween :p
What about Ice Skates?
I prefer roller skates myself personally :D
What about Tap Shoes?
As long as they're black, not the Pat Boone white pat n leather :wave:
Thong style Swim-wear bottoms shouldn't be worn by anyone. (IMHO...even a small triangle is better than a thong)

LOL I call em "why bothers" cuz if that's all you're gonna use to cover your [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse] why bother?

And on a side note...

Can a 22 year old wear granny glasses?
That AND granny panties lol :p
Or a thirty something a girdle?
They start younger than that.
How about support hose?
Only for girls lol
What is the age minimum for a "push up" bra?
10 or 11? :p

And diapers only brings up a whole can of worms...so we will leave that out for the moment.

I'm with you MbM. Wear what you look good.

I think that young guy said what he did because he was upset that he just about hit on a woman that was his mother's age .... LOL

It was the host of the show that was stating a scenerio as they were filming this 50 year old woman (unbeknownst to her by her family) getting out of the car from her backside. And honestly she did NOT look 50 or even look old. Of course a 19-20 year old guy wouldn't normally be interested in that age of a woman, but I am much more taken aback when I see a 70 plus woman in a halter midriff dress lol.

Upvote 0

dayhiker

Mature veteran
Sep 13, 2006
MA
✟220,077.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
I don't recall every seeing an older woman in a halter top. But then if I was down south where its so much warmer then I might see it. I guess if I saw it I'd be like OK she doesn't look like a 20 yo ... but why am I saying a 20 yo look is the only acceptable skin type. If she wants to show her skin I'd support her.

Upvote 0

wildthing

Legend
Apr 9, 2004
somewhere in Michigan
✟23,757.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Republican
I don't recall every seeing an older woman in a halter top.

Dayhiker you haven't been to Michigan in the summer. This last summer I went to place called South Haven. was minding my own business when 65 yr old mommy came out in halter just about lost my cookies on that one.

Good to see ya all. it's been a long while...

wt

Last edited:
Upvote 0

memoriesbymichelle

Senior Veteran
Jun 8, 2007
Arizona
✟22,350.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Politics
US-Republican
I don't recall every seeing an older woman in a halter top. But then if I was down south where its so much warmer then I might see it. I guess if I saw it I'd be like OK she doesn't look like a 20 yo ... but why am I saying a 20 yo look is the only acceptable skin type. If she wants to show her skin I'd support her.

Hey I say anyone can wear anything they want, at any age, really, but if they thought about it, some things just don't flatter THEM, IYKWIM. If it was a 60 year old in great shape and no sags, she'd probably look great, but I'm talking about a 60+ woman that has ALOT of saggage goin on
everywhere...IT JUST DOESN'T LOOK FLATTERING lol. But they can wear it, it's a free country. Just like I'm a 51 year old and I still wear tank tops and 2 piece bathing suits, but I don't think I look THAT bad and I do NOT wear halter tops because they don't look flattering on me and I'm not comfortable.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums