✟877,352.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Nation columnist Katha Pollitt indicates:

I would vote for Joe Biden if he boiled babies and ate them. He wasn’t my candidate, but taking back the White House is that important.

Ilhan Omar states:

Minnesota Congresswoman Ilhan Omar said she believes Joe Biden sexual assault accuser Tara Reade - along with all other survivors - but she will still vote for the Democratic nominee in November.

What line would Biden have to cross for you not to vote for him?

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,405,171.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

I would vote for Joe Biden if he boiled babies and ate them. He wasn’t my candidate, but taking back the White House is that important.

Ilhan Omar states:

Minnesota Congresswoman Ilhan Omar said she believes Joe Biden sexual assault accuser Tara Reade - along with all other survivors - but she will still vote for the Democratic nominee in November.

If you want Trump re-elected, let Biden run.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single

Pulling a latex mask off his face and being Jared Kushner underneath would certainly be a dealbreaker

Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟908,465.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married

Ilhan Omar states:

He would have to display behavior that made me think he would be worse then the current incumbent. Not sure exactly what that would look like. likely something along the lines of threatening to start a war.

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

Front row at the dumpster fire of the republic
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,191,018.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
He would have to start behaving in a more capricious, erratic manner than his opposition does and indicate that his picks for the upcoming supreme court seats will be worse then those I see this admiration selecting. However should he do that it would only lead to my abstention from voting, not voting for the current president.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jamie Chen

Apr 11, 2020
Angleton
✟7,138.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
This is very interesting especially taken in context of how a good number of Democrats have attacked evangelical Christians for their support of Trump. We all know Trump is, like all of us, an imperfect vessel. As such evangelical Christians are called hypocritical for supporting him due to his multiple marriages, his alleged sexual assaults and what not. Evangelicals have come out and said that this man is imperfect and given examples of how God has used imperfect people for his glory (i.e. Jacob the swindler, King David the adulterer, Solomon the idolitor and so on). Yet this is shut down as Christian hypocrisy. Now you have democrats, some who have made#MeToo into a quasi religion say that even if an assault did occur it is OK just as long as this person will take back the white house? Give me a break

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
What would you recommend to avoid him running?

Ask the president.
upload_2020-5-26_14-11-45.jpeg

(ETA: Donald allegedly meant via a concentrated voting/lobbying effort, of course -- so yeah, let's go with that)

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Kentonio

Jan 25, 2018
Lyon
✟266,564.00
Country
France
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
This is very interesting especially taken in context of how a good number of Democrats have attacked evangelical Christians for their support of Trump. We all know Trump is, like all of us, an imperfect vessel. As such evangelical Christians are called hypocritical for supporting him due to his multiple marriages, his alleged sexual assaults and what not. Evangelicals have come out and said that this man is imperfect and given examples of how God has used imperfect people for his glory (i.e. Jacob the swindler, King David the adulterer, Solomon the idolitor and so on). Yet this is shut down as Christian hypocrisy. Now you have democrats, some who have made#MeToo into a quasi religion say that even if an assault did occur it is OK just as long as this person will take back the white house? Give me a break

Perhaps if evangelicals hadn’t spent decades lecturing everyone on the morals of politicians, they wouldn’t rightly be getting called out for being outrageous hypocrites? Or did you refer to ‘imperfect vessels’ when Bill Clinton was in office?

Upvote 0

Jamie Chen

Apr 11, 2020
Angleton
✟7,138.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Perhaps if evangelicals hadn’t spent decades lecturing everyone on the morals of politicians, they wouldn’t rightly be getting called out for being outrageous hypocrites? Or did you refer to ‘imperfect vessels’ when Bill Clinton was in office?
How is it not hypocritical to give this some one a pass on #MeToo when the mantra of #MeToo is no abuser should be above reproach? (I am not saying Biden is an abuser since the are serious credibility issues with Ms. Reede but the point this particular proponent of #MeToo, Ms Omar, believes the charge to be credible yet chooses to set that aside for political expediency )

Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Ilhan Omar states:

He’d have to rescind his policy platforms and propose policy that would be worse than Trump’s policy, and/ or make me think he was more dangerous than Donald Trump.

Upvote 0

Kentonio

Jan 25, 2018
Lyon
✟266,564.00
Country
France
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
How is it not hypocritical to give this some one a pass on #MeToo when the mantra of #MeToo is no abuser should be above reproach? (I am not saying Biden is an abuser since the are serious credibility issues with Ms. Reede but the point this particular proponent of #MeToo, Ms Omar, believes the charge to be credible yet chooses to set that aside for political expediency )

Here’s the thing, if you’ve spent four years being constantly hypocritical, no-one actually cares if you start trying to call someone else a hypocrite. It’s like Donald Trump calling someone a liar, it’s just too far off the irony scale to be taken seriously.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I don’t think we should give Biden a pass AT ALL. But what choice do I have but to vote for him, and to encourage others to vote for him as well, if I want to get the EVEN WORSE sexual offender out of office. Allegedly, of course, in both cases...

Upvote 0

expos4ever

Oct 22, 2008
Montreal, Quebec
✟251,078.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
.....Give me a break
Surely ye jest.

We hear your exceedingly contrived defense for supporting Trump all the time. You argue (1) that all are imperfect; and (2) that God uses flawed people.

This is your argument?

First, Mr. Trump is not merely an 'imperfect' candidate - he is a narcissistic, xenophobic, bumbling, nasty human being who has no business being high school class president, let alone chief executive of the United States.

Second, the fact that God 'can' use bad people certainly does not mean we should endeavor to plop people like Donald Trump in positions of power.

The only argument for supporting him that I can imagine not laughing at is something like this: Yes, the man is an adolescent who is a global embarrassment to the US; however his policies seem better to me than those of the Democratic candidate.

That kind of an argument is worth having.

Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I believe that you should take that up with Ms. Omar ...

• Agree
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0