What kinds of interesting ministries does your church have?

Saricharity

Follower of Christ
Mar 24, 2014
Canada
✟75,597.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I was chatting with my mom today and she was sharing about the Community Harvest they did this past Saturday. A farmer plants potatoes in his field and every Oct the community churches come together and harvest it for donation to food banks. This year they harvested 18,000lbs (8,181 Kgs)

44057853_1967092820037941_1246427705759498240_n.jpg

SO, what kinds of interesting ministries does your church have?

My home church has a Wood Ministry...we cut and chop wood and give it to needy families so they can heat their homes in the winter. We deliver it and stack it for them.
We have a food cupboard. People can come and get food, diapers, vouchers for free milk and produce at the local grocery store.
We have a monthly soup kitchen.
We have a Men's Ministry that reaches out to widows and single parents who need odd jobs done around the house.
We have a community outdoor ice rink.

plus many more...

Last edited:

snoochface

Meet the new boss -- same as the old boss.
Jan 3, 2005
San Marcos, CA
✟175,547.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
We have a cattle ministry that feeds thousands of people every year. We also have plots of land that people can garden and then collect the crops for families who need them, or for themselves if they need it.

Upvote 0

LaSorcia

Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2015
✟1,346,889.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
My old church had a ministry that provided music lessons to low income children. While it's important to provide shelter and food, it's also very important to nurture a child's talents and gifts.

Upvote 0

maintenance man

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2018
California
Visit site
✟486,095.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

My home church has a Wood Ministry...we cut and chop wood and give it to needy families so they can heat their homes in the winter. We deliver it and stack it for them.
We have a food cupboard. People can come and get food, diapers, vouchers for free milk and produce at the local grocery store.
We have a monthly soup kitchen.
We have a Men's Ministry that reaches out to widows and single parents who need odd jobs done around the house.
We have a community outdoor ice rink.

plus many more...

Your church sounds awesome! I'd start going there but it sounds like a long drive from California.

I collected a bunch of these on my blog. Here's a link: Outreach Ministries

• Friendly
Reactions: Saricharity
Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

We are part of 12 likeminded/theologicaly, churches who have supported/employed Christian teachers to go into the local schools to take assembles, religous education andsocialawarness/good cityzen lessons, lunch time and after school clubs.

We recently celebrated 30 years of this and currently have two primarly school teachers and one senior school teacher plus an army of volunteers running after school clubs in almost every school in our educational district.

Reactions: Saricharity
Upvote 0