Visit site
✟15,435.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I used to do Hip Hop dancing almost all of my life. Now, I just sway, and move from here to there. I dropped all things of Hip Hop.

I want to go back and learn how to perform the Polynesian dancing my family brought I and my siblings up in. Tongan dancing.

I'm interested in Hula Dance Worship, my Hawaiian friend/sister invited me but I've flaked on appearing due to schedule conflicts.

So right now, my dancing comes in during worship/praise/singing, which consists of clapping, stepping from side to side, lots of arm and hand movements, finger snappings, basic 1-2 step if u want to call it. :)

Upvote 0

Pele

Jun 13, 2005
San Jose, Bay Area, Cali
Visit site
✟15,435.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
feo said:
Yeah the only problem i see with hip hop dance... is it sometimes doesnt look like the movements go with the music!

well...

a lot has changed in the hip hop dancing, some of it now is just plain ole booty hoochie coochie dancing now...

n/m

Upvote 0

feo

Angels Fall First
Feb 14, 2004
Arizona
✟12,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Pele said:
well...

a lot has changed in the hip hop dancing, some of it now is just plain ole booty hoochie coochie dancing now...

n/m

I don't know if you can say its bad... (or maybe I'm just saying that cuz I'm male! :eek: ) because I think theres a lot of booty shaking with... belly dancing and theres also a lot of that in salsa dancing (although salsa, IMO: is much more sexual than swing... although my friend disagrees- she asks, "And having girls swing around your waist ISNT?") egh whatever.

My point is: the whole booty hoochie shaking thing has been done before, and with salsa and belly- it LOOKS as if it goes along with the music.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BA613

Jun 27, 2005
CA
Visit site
✟7,628.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Republican
I've been break dancing for about 7 years now. I teach break dancing in the Bay Area and in NY through my churches' dance ministries (school is in NY, home is in CA). I used to perform and compete in Tokyo, Japan while I was in college, but now that I'm in law school, I barely have time to practice besides through dance ministry.

I don't really care for hip hop (as most mainstream hip hop doesn't have a very good Christian message), but I love to dance to instrumental hip-hop and break beats.

Upvote 0

Boricua1108

Jun 30, 2005
✟123.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I'm hispanic, so like to dance salsa and merengue. I've also picked up tango from friends and that's actually fun if you have a good dance partner. I like mostly anything, but hip-hop to me seems kind of pointless. In my opinion, you are not really dancing, just kind of moving slightly in one place.

Upvote 0

Multi-Elis

Senior Veteran
Jul 6, 2003
Paris
Visit site
✟17,911.00
Faith
Christian
In my opinion, you are not really dancing, just kind of moving slightly in one place.
that is the mediocre state to which hip hop has evolved recently with video clips where you don't want the crowds to be moving around. A lot of the hip hop has also been jazzed up a little so it doesn't have it's original power. Not that Jazz is bad, it too is powerfull, but hiphop has a special potential character that is very powerfull.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

CJF

...love alters not...
Feb 26, 2002
United States of America
Visit site
✟15,250.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I do Hip-Hop, although I do Christian Hip-hop. I teach it so I don't add any booty shaking. I keep it very modest(one, because I teach a kid's dance team). And I enjoy it sooo much! I do wish I could do some breakdancing, though. I think that would rock! I want to go to Bible College and get a major in music and, if I can, a minor in dance. If not the minor, I at least want the college to have a dance team. ^_^

Upvote 0