What is your preferred means of disposal for human corpses?

Jan 10, 2009
✟15,930.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Well, my uncle is a pig farmer, so that works pretty well. There's a little bit of travel involved and you've got to be sure to remove the teeth, as those won't digest and the cops will match dental records.

... oh! That kind of corpse disposal! Whoopse-doo. Never mind that.

I dunno, I'm a fan of recycling. Other then that, donating the ol' meatsack to science and education is a good second. And as others have mentioned, plasticization counts as educational. Creepy as all get out, but very insightful. Before that exhibit I had never really groked what the diaphragm was.

I don't really care what happens to it all after I'm gone. All the ritual and whatnot is for the living. Some people need it, my kids won't. (I'll be lucky if they don't take me out back like old yeller)

Upvote 0

Fenny the Fox

Apr 21, 2009
Rock Hill, SC
Visit site
✟23,619.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
I want to be turned into a diamond. Apparently it can be done, and it sounds like a fun idea.

Whoa, cool. Though, it kinda puts new meaning to the term "blood diamond"...

Upvote 0
Jan 10, 2009
✟15,930.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
mummified and placed in a large tomb! I want lots of gold and nasty booby-traps to ward off tomb raiders.
No good. Given eternity, poor people will figure out your traps and grab your gold. Don't underestimate the time-rich and cash-poor. The pharohs with the pyramids didn't even last a few of generations. And most of the buried ones were robbed by their own guards. So far* there's just been ol' king Tut who made past antiquity.

I suggest you invest the gold in a trust-fund and get encased in a trap-themed amusement ride where kids duck and dodge through nerf traps to get to the big prize of seeing a real mummy. That way, the trust will have some income and will be able to sustain your tomb.

*they say about 2/3rds of Egypt's historical treasures are still buried under the sands.

Upvote 0

Chris81

Servant to Christ
Jun 2, 2010
Iowa
✟11,860.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
No good. Given eternity, poor people will figure out your traps and grab your gold. Don't underestimate the time-rich and cash-poor. The pharohs with the pyramids didn't even last a few of generations. And most of the buried ones were robbed by their own guards. So far* there's just been ol' king Tut who made past antiquity.

I suggest you invest the gold in a trust-fund and get encased in a trap-themed amusement ride where kids duck and dodge through nerf traps to get to the big prize of seeing a real mummy. That way, the trust will have some income and will be able to sustain your tomb.

*they say about 2/3rds of Egypt's historical treasures are still buried under the sands.

Darn-it your right, someone will likely find away into my tomb and steel my precious gold. Maybe I can hide my tomb somewhere really hidden, as you said many ancient Egyptian treasures are still hidden in the sands of Egypt. The tourist trap idea is not a bad Idea either. I hate the idea of people looking at my body as some side show attraction but it would be better to be in my own tomb than some crappy museum.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Sphinx777

Nov 24, 2007
Bibliotheca Alexandrina
✟10,752.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

capuchin%20crypt.jpg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

keith99

sola dosis facit venenum
Jan 16, 2008
✟321,656.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
If medical science can't use my remains, and if nothing useful can be done with them (e.g. dog food) then let them be burned and the ashes scattered.

:wave:

Unless I die fighting defending something like Helm's gate, in which case burial in a mound the other defenders seems right, I'll go with your choice, with one little modification. If there is no other use, then ground up and used to fertilize the rose garden. (Davis clan influence).

Upvote 0

Chris81

Servant to Christ
Jun 2, 2010
Iowa
✟11,860.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I would like my tomb built in undisclosed location on the moon. It is unlikely that anyone will be searching the lunar landscape for the tomb of some long dead earthling. My mummified body should be safe in a tomb filled with all my golden treasure hidden deep within the Moon.

Upvote 0