what is your favorite christian movie(s)

desmalia

sounds like somebody's got a case of the mondays
Sep 29, 2006
Canada
Visit site
✟18,712.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Well I might get bashed for this by some (hehe), but I really enjoyed Fireproof. Yes, it had its flaws. But it was also very moving and had some great stuff. We don't see much of that degree of quality in the media these days.

Amazing Grace was also excellent.

Upvote 0

desmalia

sounds like somebody's got a case of the mondays
Sep 29, 2006
Canada
Visit site
✟18,712.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
How could I forget, the Left Behind trilogy! They're good for a laugh.:D:p
LOL

(I gotta say I'm guilty of enjoying them somewhat for the entertainment factor, but definitely not theologically. I suspect even Kirk Cameron has issues with some of it at this point.)

Upvote 0
Jul 27, 2010
Bakersfield California
✟15,509.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
LOL

(I gotta say I'm guilty of enjoying them somewhat for the entertainment factor, but definitely not theologically. I suspect even Kirk Cameron has issues with some of it at this point.)
:thumbsup:

Luther was good have never seen

Amazing Grace

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Jul 27, 2010
Bakersfield California
✟15,509.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Scottish Knight

Veteran
Feb 17, 2010
Scotland
✟10,580.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
The hiding place - shows that Christians can make films that can rival the secular in quality.
Jonah - aveggie tales movie

These films are not all "Christian films" but I think they portray christianity in a positive light and are relatively free of objectionable material:

Amazing Grace
Sophie Scholl: Die letzten Tage
Chariots of fire
The lion the witch and the wardrobe
Gods and Generals
Cromwell
Joyeaux Noel
Ben Hur
Winn-Dixie

Last edited:
Upvote 0

JakeAM

Jun 21, 2010
Lynchburg, VA
✟15,214.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Luther and Amazing Grace are great. I think Christians tend to make bad movies, they just can't help it. I recently saw Letters to God, the cheese was unbearable. Fireproof, Left Behind, etc are all the same.

A great mainstream movie I saw recently was Leap of Faith, with Steve Martin. I'd highly recommend it, it's from the early 90s.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

David Pratt

Aug 15, 2010
✟15,957.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
“The Passion of Christ” used to be my favorite movie until I read this…

King James Bible

Exodus Chapter 20

4. Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness [of any thing] that [is] in heaven above, or that [is] in the earth beneath, or that [is] in the water under the earth:

Deuteronomy Chapter 5

8. Thou shalt not make thee [any] graven image, [or] any likeness [of any thing] that [is] in heaven above, or that [is] in the earth beneath, or that [is] in the waters beneath the earth:

Acts Chapter 17

29. Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and man's device.

Consider… a DVD, is nothing but a plastic-like cylinder with burned images on it…

Reactions: edie19
Upvote 0
Jan 18, 2009
America
✟10,055.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single

King James Bible

Exodus Chapter 20

4. Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness [of any thing] that [is] in heaven above, or that [is] in the earth beneath, or that [is] in the water under the earth:

Deuteronomy Chapter 5

8. Thou shalt not make thee [any] graven image, [or] any likeness [of any thing] that [is] in heaven above, or that [is] in the earth beneath, or that [is] in the waters beneath the earth:

Acts Chapter 17

29. Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and man's device.

Consider… a DVD, is nothing but a plastic-like cylinder with burned images on it…

I and the Puritans agree.:thumbsup:

Upvote 0

Sphinx777

Nov 24, 2007
Bibliotheca Alexandrina
✟10,752.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Dune is a 1984 science fiction film written and directed by David Lynch, based on the 1965 Frank Herbert novel of the same name. The film stars Kyle MacLachlan as Paul Atreides, and includes an ensemble of well-known American and European actors in supporting roles. It was filmed at the Churubusco Studios in Mexico City and included a soundtrack by the band Toto. As in the novel, the central plot concerns a young man foretold in prophecy as the "Kwisatz Haderach" who will protect the titular desert planet from the malevolent House Harkonnen with the aid of native Fremen.

After the success of the novel, attempts to adapt Dune for a film began as early as 1971. A lengthy process of development hell followed throughout the 1970s, during which Arthur P. Jacobs, Alejandro Jodorowsky, and Ridley Scott, all tried to bring their vision to the screen. In 1981, David Lynch was hired as director by executive producer Dino De Laurentiis.

The film was not well-received by critics and performed poorly at the American box office at the time. Upon its release, director David Lynch distanced himself from the project, stating that pressure from both producers and financiers restrained his artistic control and denied him final cut. Fans of the Dune series are polarized by the movie, although the film has become a cult favorite, and at least three different versions have been released worldwide. In some cuts of the film Lynch's name is replaced in the credits with the name of a fictional director Alan Smithee, a pseudonym used by directors who wish not to be associated with a film for which they would normally be credited.

Dune - Special Editon - 1984
dune-movie-berg-1.jpg

Upvote 0

edie19

Legend
Site Supporter
Sep 5, 2005
NW Ohio (almost Michigan)
Visit site
✟91,291.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status

I agree - at first I was excited by the idea of it, but came to see a 2nd commandment issue with it.

Luther is quite good, Amazing Grace is quite good, loved The Hiding Place, and as one who has liked C.S. Lewis for years also agree with those who recommended The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe.

Upvote 0