CrabWalk

Feb 9, 2008
Indianapolis
✟7,855.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Ok, I think it is only fair that I start since I posed the question...

My favorite book of the bible is Ephesians I like it because it was written to a faithful church who was struggling with issues of spiritual identity and spiritual warfare. I find myself here a lot. Being faithful but still needing direction in my life as I deal with my identity and purpose in Christ along with the daily spiritual warfare that occurs. I find this book filled with love from our heavenly Father and of our Lord. I will also say that I tend to like to read books written by Paul, he doesn't mess around, I picture him as a short little guy with a big mouth willing to speak the truth to anyone! (even if they don't want to hear it) Being a bit bull headed I need that strength in Paul's writings and appreciate it as well!

So there is my favorite book and my why... NEXT???

Luv
Crabwalk

Upvote 0

lilmissmontana

singing my hallelujah song
Feb 22, 2005
the wings of a snow white dove
✟153,558.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Wow! That's a lot harder question than I thought! I've been sitting here and thinking about it and I'm not sure I can nail it down to one. I suppose if I were forced to choose I might choose Isaiah. I absolutely love chapter 53! The rest of Isaiah is just so cool with it's prophecies and promises. I just find Isaiah fascinating. And inspiring ... it's just such a reminder there is so much more to it than just here and now. So much into one book.

Upvote 0

Barnabas71

Veteran
Nov 4, 2006
✟11,030.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
That's a lot harder question than I thought! I've been sitting here and thinking about it and I'm not sure I can nail it down to one. I suppose if I were forced to choose I might choose Isaiah. I absolutely love chapter 53! The rest of Isaiah is just so cool with it's prophecies and promises. I just find Isaiah fascinating. And inspiring

It is difficult to pinpoint a single book within such a wonderful book, but Isaiah is one of my top choices for the above resons, and chapter 53 is certanly my favorate chapter within the bible.

Upvote 0

CrabWalk

Feb 9, 2008
Indianapolis
✟7,855.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Nikos7, why? I like to hear how God is feeding His people with the same bible in so many diffeent ways... So if you don't mind, give us a why you choose those two???

I love the other answers, it gives me something to ponder and consider as I read those books as well.

Thanks

Luv
Crabwalk

Upvote 0

Nikos7

Nov 25, 2007
✟10,950.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
The book of Psalms has so many passages that express my heart and when I am down I find it to be exactly what I need. It is the song book of the Old Testament and in personal devotions I use it to sing praise to the Father. Just me and my Lord and my songbook (Psalms).

John is different from the synoptic gospels and presents Christ and His eternal aspects.

I love all the Word equally but when you ask for two, I chose these. I would really have to say that I love it all!!!!!!

Upvote 0

lilmissmontana

Feb 22, 2005
✟153,558.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
bumpbird.gif

thought I'd keep this bumped for a bit until CrabWalk gets back ...

Upvote 0

byhisstripes

pull up a chair ... coffee's on ...
Nov 27, 2007
past Idaho through the mountains
✟61,184.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I love the book of Proverbs because it is so profound and full of wise teachings that we should really hold dear to us.
I also like the book of psalms because it really shows Davids heart and how he messed up continually and yet God still called him a man after his own heart. It just goes to show us that he really is there through thick and thin, that he will never leave our side. David is such a down to earth man and God was graciouse to him. Because no matter what he did he always went to God for forgiveness.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mssurrendered

With God ALL things are possible
Oct 18, 2007
British columbia Canada
✟45,576.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
My favorite books of the bible would be Galations and Ephesians.I think I am really drawn to them because I have only been totally surrendered to Christ for four and a half years and I really needed to learn who I was in Christ.They really taught me so much about Gods grace and love and I needed that so much.I had struggled so much with feeling unworthy because of been brought up in a christian home and then living a life of sin for so many years.I love all parts of the bible,but still find myself always going back in these two.There is So much good advice about living a christian life in them.

Upvote 0

TexasBluebonnet

This world has nothing for me...
Feb 27, 2007
Cedar Hill, TX :)!!
✟25,629.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Hey,

I'd like to put in my two cents :) .

I love Psalms becasue they're really deep, and beautiful.

And, Revelation because it fascinates me. I've read it like two times already. I still can't understand it, but I love to hear sermons on it, and studies of it. It's a powerful book.

Upvote 0

lilmissmontana

Feb 22, 2005
✟153,558.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
I love Revelations, too! It's taken me FOREVER to understand anything from it but I'm starting to understand quite a bit. I'm still really struggling with the seals. Putting them into perspective with the trumps and vials as far as time frames and things. I think it is awesome John was the one given the revelation. He was a great choice ... but then the Lord doesn't need my approval! lol!

Upvote 0

quietbloke

Brother in Christ
Site Supporter
Jun 30, 2006
England
✟807,383.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I also love the book of RUTH.

Although it is short,it has been described as 'the loveliest complete work on a small scale' (von Goethe)

Ruth's loyalty and servanthood.
Boaz's role as kinsman-redeemer shows the role of our Saviour Jesus Christ.

Upvote 0

byhisstripes

pull up a chair ... coffee's on ...
Nov 27, 2007
past Idaho through the mountains
✟61,184.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I really like Revolations because it is so informative and so discriptive. Also the book of Exodus God really shows his power and mercy, he also shows how much he cares for his people, its full of adventure and freedom.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

quietbloke

Brother in Christ
Site Supporter
Jun 30, 2006
England
✟807,383.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I really like Revolations because it is so informative and so discriptive. Also the book of Exodus God really shows his power and mercy, he also shows how much he cares for his people, its full of adventure and freedom.
Yes Revelation gives us a glimpse of the future and is so importent and Exodus reminds us of God's faithfulness in dealing with His people in the past.Wonderful!

Upvote 0

lismore

Maranatha
Oct 28, 2004
Scotland
✟245,540.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I love Psalms becasue they're really deep, and beautiful.

Yes there is a lot of beauty in the books of psalms, a lot of praise and some prophetic psalms too.

Psalms set to music are wonderful praise songs:)

Reactions: mssurrendered
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.