Florida
✟17,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"But an hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshippers will worship the Father in spirit and truth; for such people the Father seeks to be His worshippers." John 4:23

"Therefore I urge you, brethren, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies a living and holy sacrifice, acceptable to God, which is your spiritual service of worship." Romans 12:1

Much is made of worship and rightly so. I take issue with what is called worship in the church. Most "worship" seems more geared to making people feel good. I was in a meeting where the band was delayed. People just sat around wondering what to do - and that included the pastor. The band finally showed up and the people were glad. Does Lord Jesus only show up when the band is there? No, He was there already.

One preacher put it like this. Praise and worship are gifts that we offer God. He receives the gift, beautifully wrapped and shows to the angels. "Look what my people are giving me!" But when God opens the box, He finds it empty.

We should be presenting ourselves to God. It is for those who are born again, who died and rose again with Christ. God seeks living sacrifices, not the dead religion or hyped up emotion of the old life.

We should come before God washed in the Blood and clothed in Christ our righteousness.

Singing is a wonderful way to praise the Lord. It is not the only way. It's also vital that the songs are words of truth and are sung from the heart and not the head. Worship just as a duty or religious practice is vain. So is the mini rock concert that precedes many meetings. Worship is a big part of the Christian life. Let's be sure that we are doing it right.

Worship, is showing Father God and The Lord Jesus that you love them, and why.
And you do this with your mouth, your heart, and you life.

Reactions: 1watchman
Upvote 0

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟797,983.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
like this -

"Worship is primarily an attitude or posture of the body bowing ...even bowing the human spirit before God. Praise, on the other hand, is an utterance. Thanksgiving comes when we thank God for what He has done. In worship, we relate to God's holiness. In praise, we relate to God's greatness. In thanksgiving, we relate to God's goodness." Derek Prince, The Teaching Legacy of Derek Prince, Victory in Praise, Vol 13, Issue 4

Upvote 0

.Jeremiah.

Jul 26, 2021
The South
✟21,473.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
"But an hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshippers will worship the Father in spirit and truth; for such people the Father seeks to be His worshippers." John 4:23

"Therefore I urge you, brethren, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies a living and holy sacrifice, acceptable to God, which is your spiritual service of worship." Romans 12:1

Much is made of worship and rightly so. I take issue with what is called worship in the church. Most "worship" seems more geared to making people feel good. I was in a meeting where the band was delayed. People just sat around wondering what to do - and that included the pastor. The band finally showed up and the people were glad. Does Lord Jesus only show up when the band is there? No, He was there already.

One preacher put it like this. Praise and worship are gifts that we offer God. He receives the gift, beautifully wrapped and shows to the angels. "Look what my people are giving me!" But when God opens the box, He finds it empty.

We should be presenting ourselves to God. It is for those who are born again, who died and rose again with Christ. God seeks living sacrifices, not the dead religion or hyped up emotion of the old life.

We should come before God washed in the Blood and clothed in Christ our righteousness.

Singing is a wonderful way to praise the Lord. It is not the only way. It's also vital that the songs are words of truth and are sung from the heart and not the head. Worship just as a duty or religious practice is vain. So is the mini rock concert that precedes many meetings. Worship is a big part of the Christian life. Let's be sure that we are doing it right.

the Lord doesn’t need or require our worship

why would he? he is omnipotent. he has no ego

but we must worship the Lord in order to be more like him

how then, do we?

worshipping the Lord is loving others

through kindness, patience, willing to LISTEN, helping out, putting other people’s needs above ours

that’s it

imo

Upvote 0

1watchman

Overseer
Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Partly true, friend! Worship MUST be adoration of the Lord Jesus Christ --God manifest in the flesh for salvation. "No man cometh to the Father, but by Me", the Lord Jesus said. Let us together praise Him, not just play instruments to please an audience.

Upvote 0