Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
This reminds me of what Pilate said to Jesus: "What is truth?" --- and this as he stood in the very presence of eternal truth: "I am the way, the truth, the life..." (see John 14).

Joh 18:37 Pilate therefore said unto him, Art thou a king then? Jesus answered, Thou sayest that I am a king. To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice.
Joh 18:38 Pilate saith unto him, What is truth? And when he had said this, he went out again unto the Jews, and saith unto them, I find in him no fault at all.

Does this mean Pilate "heard" Christ?

Reactions: little stream
Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟585,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
@little stream Hi :) Little Stream :) I am Bill, pleased to meet you, and welcome to Christian Forums.

In general, if you have a question about what is true, the truth is not only what people say; but the truth, really, is whoever and whatever people are talking about. The truth is what actually happened and how someone really is, even if no one says this. You can talk about an elephant, what is true about the elephant, but the elephant itself is the truth of the matter; and people with words only can not tell it all; so you need to personally experience the elephant in order to discover the truth :) about the elephant, I would say.

And, as Watchman and Wryetui said, Jesus Himself is the truth; all there is of God is in Jesus. I think this means Jesus is the main meaning, in Human form, of all of God's word. And "the Spirit is truth" > 1 John 5:6. Truth can mean the reality. So, again, the Holy Spirit also is all that God's word means, for all that is true of God Himself . . . how He is, how He loves and shares . . . how He wants us to become in doing His will.

Plus - - - God is not conceited, though He is so superior to us humans; yet, God shares His very own with us, of His own love >

"Now hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out in our hearts by the Holy Spirit who was given to us." (Romans 5:5)

So, the truth of His word is His love in our hearts, and how God in us so shares with us, as His real and love meaning of His word . . . for us to discover . . . yes, in fellowship :amen::clap::pray::groupray::prayer::)

Reactions: little stream
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Emmy

Senior Veteran
Feb 15, 2004
✟50,995.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Dear little stream. God is Truth, and in Matthew 22: 35-40: Jesus told us: " The first and great Commandment is:
Love God with all thy heart, with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. The second is like it: love thy neighbour as thyself." Verse 40 tells us: " On these two Commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets." God is Love and Truth, and Joy and Compassion, God is all things which Love embraces. God wants loving sons and daughters, and
in Matthew 7: 7-10: we are told: " Ask and you shall receive," we ask God for Love and Care, then we thank God and share all Love and Joy, and Care with our neighbour. ( neighbour is all we know and all we meet, friends and not friends) God will see our loving efforts, and God will Bless us. We keep asking and receiving, then thank God and share all with our neighbour.
The Bible tells us: " Repent and be Born Again," we give up our selfish wishes and wants and change to loving and
caring. The Holy Spirit will help and guide us, and Jesus our Saviour will lead us all the way: JESUS IS THE WAY. We might stumble and forget at times, but then we ask God to forgive us and carry on LOVING. Love is very catching, and a Christian`s weapon is love and joy and compassion and all good things. We might feel a bit strange at first, but then we grow in love and all kind efforts. Only Love will change this imperfect world to what God our Heavenly Father
wants from us. Joy and Peace and all good things will surly follow. I say this with love, little stream. Greetings from Emmy, your sister in Christ.

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟585,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Truth includes how we become in real love.

"There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves torment. But he who fears has not been made perfect in love." (1 John 4:18)

How can we make sure we are in real love? There are plenty of scriptures to help us. I will offer >

Jesus says, "if you love those who love you, what reward have you?" (in Matthew 5:46)

We can tend to love only those who are close to us and who are like us and get along with us. We can tend to love those people whom we hope to use. But love is all-loving, and love does not have us only using anyone, but caring for each and every person . . . more and better, of course, as God corrects us and we grow in this. So, we trust You, O God our Father, to make sure we truly are growing in Your love.

"Do all things without complaining and disputing, that you may become blameless and harmless, children of God without fault in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation, among whom you shine as lights in the world, holding fast the word of life, so that I may rejoice in the day of Christ that I have not run in vain or labored in vain." (Philippians 2:14-16)

So, complaining and arguing are against how God would have us living and relating in His love. So, as we become sensitive and strong against arguing and complaining, we can become stronger and more real in God's love.

Complaining can be directly against God and personally sharing with Him and submitting to Him; because complaining keeps us from appreciating and enjoying and thanking God. And arguing can be directly against loving another person, because my arguing can have me trying to get my own way and trying to get control over another person, when the Bible says how to relate in true love >

"submitting to one another in the fear of God." (Ephesians 5:21)

"nor as being lords over those entrusted to you, but being examples to the flock." (1 Peter 5:3)

"Let all bitterness, wrath, anger, clamor, and evil speaking be put away from you, with all malice. And be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you." (Ephesians 4:31-32)

Upvote 0