US
✟1,060,379.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Who are the people that we are finding, seeing, that are priests?

(CLV) Jer 33:21
then also My covenant could be annulled with David My servant, so that he should not come to have a son reigning on his throne, and that with the Levites, the priests, My ministers.

Should we take the words of our Creator at face value; or should we keep looking, to give them a different meaning?

Upvote 0

bbbbbbb

Jun 9, 2015
✟362,270.00
Faith
Non-Denom
then also My covenant could be annulled with David My servant, so that he should not come to have a son reigning on his throne, and that with the Levites, the priests, My ministers.

Should we take the words of our Creator at face value; or should we keep looking, to give them a different meaning?

Of course the Levitical tribe was the priestly tribe in Israel. I don't think anyone here has questioned that.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,060,379.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Yes, was.

(CLV) Jer 33:20
Thus says Yahweh: If you could annul My covenant with the day and My covenant with the night so that daytime and night fail to come about in their proper time,

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

Veritas Vos Liberabit
Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
The Keep
✟571,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The truth is that Christianity is not Judaism. That's why the Jews crucified Jesus and his disciples were hiding in fear of the Jews. When Christianity is mixed with Judaism it results in a quasi version of both. It's putting new wine into old wineskins, which results in a mess.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,060,379.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
The truth is that Christianity is not Judaism. That's why the Jews crucified Jesus and his disciples were hiding in fear of the Jews. When Christianity is mixed with Judaism it results in a quasi version of both. It's putting new wine into old wineskins, which results in a mess.

How do you reconcile that opinion with the words of Yahshua?

(CLV) Jn 4:22
You are worshiping that of which you are not aware; we are worshiping that of which we are aware, for salvation is of the Jews.

Upvote 0

bbbbbbb

Jun 9, 2015
✟362,270.00
Faith
Non-Denom
(CLV) Jer 33:20
Thus says Yahweh: If you could annul My covenant with the day and My covenant with the night so that daytime and night fail to come about in their proper time,

Hebrews 7:11 Now if perfection was through the Levitical priesthood (for on the basis of it the people received the Law), what further need was there for another priest to arise according to the order of Melchizedek, and not be designated according to the order of Aaron? 12 For when the priesthood is changed, of necessity there takes place a change of law also. 13 For the one concerning whom these things are spoken belongs to another tribe, from which no one has officiated at the altar. 14 For it is evident that our Lord was descended from Judah, a tribe with reference to which Moses spoke nothing concerning priests. 15 And this is clearer still, if another priest arises according to the likeness of Melchizedek, 16 who has become such not on the basis of a law of physical requirement, but according to the power of an indestructible life. 17 For it is attested of Him,

“You are a priest forever
According to the order of Melchizedek.”

18 For, on the one hand, there is a setting aside of a former commandment because of its weakness and uselessness 19 (for the Law made nothing perfect), and on the other hand there is a bringing in of a better hope, through which we draw near to God. 20 And inasmuch as it was not without an oath 21 (for they indeed became priests without an oath, but He with an oath through the One who said to Him,

“The Lord has sworn
And will not change His mind,
‘You are a priest forever’”);

22 so much the more also Jesus has become the guarantee of a better covenant.

23 The former priests, on the one hand, existed in greater numbers because they were prevented by death from continuing, 24 but Jesus, on the other hand, because He continues forever, holds His priesthood permanently. 25 Therefore He is able also to save forever those who draw near to God through Him, since He always lives to make intercession for them.

26 For it was fitting for us to have such a high priest, holy, innocent, undefiled, separated from sinners and exalted above the heavens; 27 who does not need daily, like those high priests, to offer up sacrifices, first for His own sins and then for the sins of the people, because this He did once for all when He offered up Himself. 28 For the Law appoints men as high priests who are weak, but the word of the oath, which came after the Law, appoints a Son, made perfect forever.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

Veritas Vos Liberabit
Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
The Keep
✟571,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
How do you reconcile that opinion with the words of Yahshua?

(CLV) Jn 4:22
You are worshiping that of which you are not aware; we are worshiping that of which we are aware, for salvation is of the Jews.

Jesus was telling the Samaritan woman that since he had already been crucified and risen from the dead and established His Church known as Christianity that... oh wait, that hadn't happed yet.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SongOnTheWind

May 7, 2021
Croydon
✟26,712.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I wonder how may ways it can be tried to amalgamate Judaism with Christianity into an altered version of both to achieve a distorted hybrid.
I agree that we should not pour new wine into old wineskins, but I don't see anyone trying to form a hybrid of faiths eidther. I see a searching of scripture in order to understand it. What do you make of the verses that have been referenced? Do you have any supporting references of scripture that would confirm what you are trying to communicate? I have a feeling I have not fully understood what you are trying to say.

Upvote 0

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟177,938.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Generally, at face value. But if that conflicts an obvious reality, then it's good to look for a different meaning, imo.

This would be an example
Romans 1:8 First, I thank my God through Jesus Christ for all of you, that your faith is proclaimed throughout the whole world.

The faith of the Roman Church was proclaimed in places like South America at that time? No, we wouldn't want to take that at face value, again imo.

So maybe there are levitical priests serving invisibly today. I think it's probably just been paused for a while.

Kind of like the way David was promised he would always have a son to sit on his throne yet I think there were long periods of time between the Babylonian captivity and Jesus' coming when there were sons of David around but they weren't on the throne ruling over Israel.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,060,379.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Generally, at face value. But if that conflicts an obvious reality, then it's good to look for a different meaning, imo.

This would be an example
Romans 1:8 First, I thank my God through Jesus Christ for all of you, that your faith is proclaimed throughout the whole world.

The faith of the Roman Church was proclaimed in places like South America at that time? No, we wouldn't want to take that at face value, again imo.

So maybe there are levitical priests serving invisibly today. I think it's probably just been paused for a while.

Kind of like the way David was promised he would always have a son to sit on his throne yet I think there were long periods of time between the Babylonian captivity and Jesus' coming when there were sons of David around but they weren't on the throne ruling over Israel.

Interesting.

So do you believe at any time in the past, or in any time to come, that YHWH has, or will, annul his covenant with David or the Levites?

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,060,379.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Hebrews 7:11 Now if perfection was through the Levitical priesthood (for on the basis of it the people received the Law), what further need was there for another priest to arise according to the order of Melchizedek, and not be designated according to the order of Aaron? 12 For when the priesthood is changed, of necessity there takes place a change of law also.

Do you understand the difference between the Aaronic Priesthood and the Levitical Priesthood?

(CLV) Hb 7:12
For, the priesthood being transferred, of necessity there is coming to be a transference of law also,

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,060,379.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I wonder how may ways it can be tried to amalgamate Judaism with Christianity into an altered version of both to achieve a distorted hybrid.
I wonder how long so many can ignore the fact that Yahshua was of the tribe of Judah; and he spent his entire ministry teaching obedience to the Torah.

Upvote 0

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟177,938.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Interesting.

So do you believe at any time in the past, or in any time to come, that YHWH has, or will, annul his covenant with David or the Levites?
No, I don't think he will ever annul those covenants.

But that doesn't mean that they will look like what we imagine.

Like, I don't think David imagined a possible outcome of the covenant with him would be the Babylonians wrecking Jerusalem and taking the people captive and the Romans doing something similar much later.

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

Veritas Vos Liberabit
Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
The Keep
✟571,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I wonder how long so many can ignore the fact that Yahshua was of the tribe of Judah; and he spent his entire ministry teaching obedience to the Torah.

Well you know it's been a little over 2000 years so far.

From what I've read it wasn't until the 19th century that the Hebrew Christian Movement began. And then Marin Rosen really got things rolling in the 1960s with the Modern-day Messianic Judaism movement.

For some reason several people got a vision in the 19th century that Christianity had been all wrong from the beginning and needed to be completely revamped, and organizations like the Church of Jesus Christ, Jehovah's Witnesses, Christian Science, Millerites/Seventh Day Adventists, Hebrew Christian movement and so on emerged.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,060,379.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Well you know it's been a little over 2000 years so far.

From what I've read it wasn't until the 19th century that someone said 'hey wait a minute, we've gotten it all this time since the beginning, this is how it's supposed to be' and the Hebrew Christian movement began. And then Marin Rosen really got things rolling in the 1960s.

For some reason several people got a vision in the 19th century that Christianity had been wrong from the beginning and needed to be completely revamped into organizations like the Church of Jesus Christ, the Jehovah's Witnesses, Christian Science, Millerites/Seventh Day Adventists, Hebrew Christian and so on.

We've come a long way toward getting back to the truth, since the days when it was illegal to own the Bible; so believers had to rely on the Church to tell them what the Bible said; because the leadership felt that the average believer couldn't understand Yahshua; so they told them in a dead language that very few of the masses could understand; as they were steeped in illiteracy, after the book burnings.

I'm so thankful that the dark ages are over.

Some have come a little farther than others.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

Veritas Vos Liberabit
Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
The Keep
✟571,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
We've come a long way toward getting back to the truth, since the days when it was illegal to own the Bible; so believers had to rely on the Catholic Church to tell them what the Bible said; because the leadership felt that the average believer couldn't understand Yahshua; so they told them in a dead language that very few of the masses could understand; as they were steeped in illiteracy, after the book burnings.

Some have come a little farther than others.

According to the 19th century revamps I mentioned, no one had the truth from the very beginning. Like I said, none of the teachers who were taught by those who wrote the New Testament, taught anything like it, and neither did those whom they taught.

And also of the 19th century revamps, which is the one that really came up with the truth? They all tell me I'm going to hell if I don't pick the right one.

Last edited:
Upvote 0