What is the THIS that Jesus said DO and to WHOM did He say it?

AHJE

& amp; amp; amp; amp; amp;
Jun 27, 2012
✟8,402.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
When Jesus was celebrating with His Holy Apostles the Passover,
the Lord's Supper, ... Jesus said, "DO THIS in Memory of Me". (See St. Luke 22:19)

What is interesting is that it is missing in both St. Matthew and St. Mark and St. John and it is said only once in St. Luke.

Another thing of great interest is that it is said TWICE in the Epistle to the Corinthians according to St. Paul: (See 1 Cor. 11:23-26).

My major question is: What is the THIS that Jesus said DO and to WHOM did He say it?

Any responses to this? (Please, let's try to keep it focused on this particular question) ...

Praised be Jesus Christ!

A. H. J. E.
After the Heart of Jesus Evangelist

Mar 16, 2013
Southampton, England
✟9,990.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Christians should take Holy communion in memory of Jesus. You should eat of the bread worthily by seeing the bread as Jesus' body which was broken so that our bodies should be strong, healthy and never die young and take the wine seeing it as Jesus' blood which was shed for the forgiveness of all our past, present and future sins.

Upvote 0

gasman64

Mar 25, 2012
Visit site
✟8,191.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
When Jesus was celebrating with His Holy Apostles the Passover,
the Lord's Supper, ... Jesus said, "DO THIS in Memory of Me". (See St. Luke 22:19)

What is interesting is that it is missing in both St. Matthew and St. Mark and St. John and it is said only once in St. Luke.

Another thing of great interest is that it is said TWICE in the Epistle to the Corinthians according to St. Paul: (See 1 Cor. 11:23-26).

My major question is: What is the THIS that Jesus said DO and to WHOM did He say it?

Any responses to this? (Please, let's try to keep it focused on this particular question) ...

Praised be Jesus Christ!

A. H. J. E.
After the Heart of Jesus Evangelist

One thought I had in particular. Jesus had just told Jews to eat his body and blood, which was an anathema to them. So he had to get beyond their inhibitions and do what he said as a memorial to him. A new tradition. Just a thought.

Upvote 0