What is the purpose of the thousand-year reign of Christ?

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Since we know the Millenial reign starts when Christ returns to earth and resurrects the 144,000 end-time jewish martyrs, we see that the Millenial reign is both a fulfillment of prophesy to the Jewish remnant and a reward for end-time Christian martyrdom. It is also God's way of saying "You've had the Anti-Christ run things. Now have my Son." It's God's way of giving the earth the choice of who to partake of.... Jesus or the Anti-Christ. God or Satan. The Millenium is also a way to refine humanity, since Satan will be locked up, unable to deceive the Millenial nations, yet the descendents of the 144,000 will not all chose Christ, even though they will have lived with Him in person on Earth. These are those who Satan deceives at the end of the 1,000 years and brings to encircle the camp of Jesus Christ and are destroyed by fire from Heaven before the Great White throne judgement.
Only 144,000? What of Matthew 25?
What about it?
What are the 144,000 symbolizing?

Upvote 0

Copperhead

Site Supporter
Feb 22, 2013
✟208,325.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
What about it?
What are the 144,000 symbolizing?

I am not convinced they are "symbolizing" anything. I tend to adhere to the Golden Rule of scripture hermeneutics which can be summed up this way... when the plain sense of a passage makes sense, then seek no other sense, lest one end up with nonsense.

So I take the 144,000, 12,000 from 12 tribes, at face value. No symbolizing.

Last edited:
Upvote 0