✟119,206.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
myquestions said:
what does it matter if i die tomorow if life is just life and nothing else?

Life is not "just life". Life is everything. Your life is what ultimately matters to you. The fulfillment -- the growth and nourishment -- of your life is what is ultimately good for you. Life is sacred, though I don't mean anything supernatural by that.

Nothing will matter to you after you die, since "you" will not exist. However, life does matter to you before you die, so it does matter to you now if you might die tomorrow. The only real issue that you face is what matters to you while you are alive and pondering the question "What matters to me now?" Imagining yourself asking the question after you are dead is to imagine a false perspective, and can only give false answers.

these list of things are good , thanks i'll think about them. what are your talents, moral charcter etc????

Thanks for asking. My strongest talents are my "analytical" ones, such as for philosophy (in particular ethics), mathematics, computer programming, logic, and the like. And I have some small artistic talents for creative writing and miniature metal-figure painting.

As far as moral character goes, I've done much to develop my practical wisdom through contemplation of philosophy, psychology, self-improvement advice, and my life, and I've worked on my honesty about reality, my integrity (inner consistency, connection, harmony and wholeness of thought and action), my kindness for others, and my love of what is good and virtuous. I love to see other people grow, just as I love to grow myself. (Growth can hurt, but I still love the results. ;) )

These are what I've discovered and worked to actualize. I have discovered meaning and have improved my self-esteem in doing this.

thanks again for your words :)

Thank you for your thoughtful question. You've asked a very good one. :)

Upvote 0

openeyes

wide open
Oct 11, 2003
Missouri
Visit site
✟15,434.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
myquestions said:
hahha, yeh that is good quote juts ENJUOY IT but i duno soemtimes i am like is theire a point. like if seomone dies it's like yeh 'we die anyway' who cares. well ofcourse i care but it has to happen. that's hwat i think now a days and kind of bad yeh?!

what is the judeo chirsitian god?
why is there so many diff god's so confusing.

Alot of people ask:
"What's the point?"
"What is MY purpose?"
As we travel through life, sometimes seemingly aimless, we touch others, we affect thier lives as they affect ours no matter how minuscule. Every moment shapes us, changes us. If you need a point, there it is.... Positively affect everyone we encounter, so they in turn can positively afft those the encounter.
The wife's favorite quote is "Life is a journey, not a destination." Keep that in mind we travel through life not just end up here.
Judeo-Christian God= The god of the Bible
Why so many god's..... Simply, mankinds attempt to figure out thier world and to explain thier purpose and get guidence.

Upvote 0

myquestions

Aug 10, 2005
✟15,459.00
Faith
Christian
Eudaimonist said:
Life is not "just life". Life is everything. Your life is what ultimately matters to you. The fulfillment -- the growth and nourishment -- of your life is what is ultimately good for you. Life is sacred, though I don't mean anything supernatural by that.

Nothing will matter to you after you die, since "you" will not exist. However, life does matter to you before you die, so it does matter to you now if you might die tomorrow. The only real issue that you face is what matters to you while you are alive and pondering the question "What matters to me now?" Imagining yourself asking the question after you are dead is to imagine a false perspective, and can only give false answers.

i am starting to get it............ that is mtters NOW!! =)

Upvote 0

Eudaimonist

I believe in life before death!
Jan 1, 2003
American resident of Sweden
Visit site
✟119,206.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
myquestions said:
well how do we choose what god to choose though?

We put all the gods in an arena of death, and have them fight it out. The last one standing wins! :D

As for me, I'm not convinced any gods exist, so I don't believe in any.

Upvote 0

Latreia

Gone
Jun 13, 2005
✟24,734.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
myquestions said:
Eudaimonist said:

i am starting to get it............ that is mtters NOW!! =)

Today matters, because the yesterdays and the tomorrows are here, too.

What matters is more than now, you are part of what has been and what shall be. When you walk upon the earth, it is said that you not only have what you see around you, but the sky above, stretching into infinity and the earth beneath your feet, all the way to the center of the earth. You are part of the bigger picture, of the entire universe and of living reality. You have your own history, which nobody else can have, but which you share with millions of others.

Think of the writers and artists and history that you have because you are alive. What they did and thought matters today. Music has gone on for centuries, that, too, is yours to hear. Your senses offer you the world to know. That is what being alive is all about.

Do you know that song, "The Rose"? Do you remember these lyrics?

"It's the heart afraid of breaking
That never learns to dance
It's the dream afraid of waking
That never takes the chance

It's the one who won't be taken
Who cannot seem to give
And the soul afraid of dying
That never learns to live.

And the night has been too lonely
And the road has been too long.
And you think that love is only
For the lucky and the strong.

Just remember in the winter
Far beneath the bitter snow
Lies the seed that with the sun's love,
In the spring, becomes a rose"

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

elman

elman
Dec 19, 2003
Texas
✟39,197.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Eudaimonist said:
The only real issue that you face is what matters to you while you are alive and pondering the question "What matters to me now?" Imagining yourself asking the question after you are dead is to imagine a false perspective, and can only give false answers.

QUOTE]
This is not based on fact, but assumption. You are assuming there is no life beyond this one. You do not know there is no life, anymore than I know there is one. If there is no life after this one then anything you do is only temporary anyway, bcause, as you say, after your dead you won't know anthing about the consequences of your successes or mistakes.

Upvote 0

elman

elman
Dec 19, 2003
Texas
✟39,197.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
LouTheWicked said:
Everyone's life comes to an end and eventually everything is forgotten, so just go through life enjoying it.

I may sound horribly pessimistic, but that's what I believe. I find it compforting since you don't have to deal with the stress of trying to be perfect or pleasing people with your talents before you die.
It being what you believe does not mean that is the way it is.

Upvote 0

myquestions

Aug 10, 2005
✟15,459.00
Faith
Christian
LouTheWicked said:
Everyone's life comes to an end and eventually everything is forgotten, so just go through life enjoying it.

I may sound horribly pessimistic, but that's what I believe. I find it compforting since you don't have to deal with the stress of trying to be perfect or pleasing people with your talents before you die.
???but how about if you have talents ???

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

elman

elman
Dec 19, 2003
Texas
✟39,197.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Originally Posted by: LouTheWicked

Being in search of pleasure is not the best way to have a life you can enjoy. The best way to enjoy your own life is to spend your life loving others, not being wicked. The ultimate consequences of the selfish life is not joy but sadness and being alone with no hope.

Upvote 0

Eudaimonist

I believe in life before death!
Jan 1, 2003
American resident of Sweden
Visit site
✟119,206.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
myquestions said:
so what is your purpose of life if you don't belive in any god?

Virtue, developing my creative talents, exploring the deep philosophical issues of life, earning my self-respect, finding a profound appreciation for noblest possibilities of life, and having mutually beneficial relations with others.

Upvote 0

DhikrAllah

Dec 7, 2005
Ummah
✟259.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
  1. Go into your local library or a good bookshop;
  2. Find a book called The Philosopher At The End Of The Universe (Philosophy Explained Through Science Fiction Films) by Mark Rowlands;
  3. Flick to either last or 2nd–to–last chapter (depending on when that particular version ended up published) called ’Blade Runner: Death And The Meaning Of Life’;
  4. Read;
  5. Understand.
Seriously: one of the 3 bits of Philosophy I’ve read in my life that didn’t leave me overthinking things to a point I didn’t know what to do or where to go. Truly eye–opening that particular chapter!

Upvote 0