small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
Since I´ve always had trouble understanding the question "What is the meaning of life?" I thought it might be helpful to start with something more simple. :)

It is an orange because a vest has no sleeves.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,402.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Since I´ve always had trouble understanding the question "What is the meaning of life?" I thought it might be helpful to start with something more simple. :)

The meaning of football is dictated by your fantasy league. Without a fantasy league...football becomes meaningless and you might as well just kill yourself.

Upvote 0

juvenissun

... and God saw that it was good.
Apr 5, 2007
Chicago
✟121,700.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married

It is not hard to understand at all if you are trying to argue about it.
It is quite hard to understand when you talk to yourself at midnight.

Football, or anything physical object, has no such problem.

Upvote 0

AgingNerd

Site Supporter
May 26, 2015
X
✟23,380.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Football is a sport that was created to give us pleasure and to help fill the void in our lives. Since the pursuit of ones own pleasure leads one away from God, then it is a path into darkness. Since darkness leads to eternal death and football is the object that leads us down that path, then football is evil. A thing as evil as this can be said to be one of the many things in the world that either is or is a part of the anti-Christ. So football is the anti-Christ.

Hope this helps. :)

Upvote 0

Black Dog

Sep 20, 2015
✟4,870.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Football is a sport that was created to give us pleasure and to help fill the void in our lives. Since the pursuit of ones own pleasure leads one away from God, then it is a path into darkness. Since darkness leads to eternal death and football is the object that leads us down that path, then football is evil. A thing as evil as this can be said to be one of the many things in the world that either is or is a part of the anti-Christ. So football is the anti-Christ.

Hope this helps. :)

Dang it, I thought that was Obama.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Blondepudding

Who Sprinkled You With Grumpy Dust?
Dec 26, 2015
Here and now
✟19,720.00
Faith
Ignostic
Marital Status
Married
That is priceless stuff from George and one of my favorites from him.
Carlin was brilliant! That football clip was one of his best.

He has a real good one on religion as well.
"There's an invisible man in the sky...AND HE NEEDS MONEY!"

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Cute Tink

Blah
Site Supporter
Nov 22, 2002
✟125,391.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian

Football is nothing more than the means to sell chicken wings and beer.

And possibly big screen TVs and cable.

Upvote 0

Eryk

Site Supporter
Jun 29, 2005
Maryland
✟109,945.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Challenges are meaningful for their own sake, because the strategic thinking and the physical discipline involved in surmounting them make us more alive. A sport like football has the added benefit of redirecting our competitiveness and aggression, and I suppose this has been good for society. The head injuries have been bad for the athletes, but that's another topic.

Upvote 0

GrowingSmaller

Muslm Humanist
Apr 18, 2010
✟49,085.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
Challenges are meaningful for their own sake, because the strategic thinking and the physical discipline involved in surmounting them make us more alive. A sport like football has the added benefit of redirecting our competitiveness and aggression, and I suppose this has been good for society. The head injuries have been bad for the athletes, but that's another topic.
In what sense, isnt that an opnion? After all, the doctors will profit!

Upvote 0