Mar 15, 2006
Houston, Tx
✟16,428.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
tapero said:
It sounds like you're saying that in God it doesn't. Am I correct in reading that?

I know He said Jacob I love but Esau I have hated, but I've heard that hated wasn't the proper word used there.

I know this is a little off topic, but the universe and all that is in it including hell resides within God don't you think? I mean if God is all encompassing - I have always wondered how hell could reside in God so to speak, since He fills the world. Tell me where I am wrong here. I always appreciate your teachings! Ganaan
Are you asking By God being all emcompassing how can he reside in hell

Upvote 0

lamblion

Mar 15, 2006
Houston, Tx
✟16,428.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
:)
tapero said:
I'm wondering how can hell reside in God. It doesn't make sense to me.
That is a very interesting question it's making me think... I believe I have an half way answer, but i never like to respond without being totally sure and having scripure to secure it. Give me some time I get back to you I promise:)

Upvote 0

tapero

Legend
Site Supporter
Apr 14, 2004
Visit site
✟88,544.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
lamblion said:
:)
That is a very interesting question it's making me think... I believe I have an half way answer, but i never like to respond without being totally sure and having scripure to secure it. Give me some time I get back to you I promise:)

If it does reside in God, than that brings me back to love, and Him still loving all that He created, even though they are evil. I'm thinking that He does love them. If I had a child and that child didn't become a believer and died, I would still love that child. I know in heaven that former things will pass away for us, but while living i would love that child. I just wonder and think that God loves them in hell also; but with a love that needs to punish the disobedience. Take care, Ganaan

Upvote 0

lamblion

Mar 15, 2006
Houston, Tx
✟16,428.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
tapero said:
If it does reside in God, than that brings me back to love, and Him still loving all that He created, even though they are evil. I'm thinking that He does love them. If I had a child and that child didn't become a believer and died, I would still love that child. I know in heaven that former things will pass away for us, but while living i would love that child. I just wonder and think that God loves them in hell also; but with a love that needs to punish the disobedience. Take care, Ganaan
I agree God doesn't associate with hate. I love the example with the child. This is very true God is Love, so he desires to share his Love and happiness with all even thoughs who hate him. So yes he does Love those who Are and will be in Hell. God contains Longsuffering to all creation hoping they will all choose they way he has provided. But we must understand that His Righteosness must be satisfied in order for his love to function and keep him in perfection. God can't be associated with sin, so anything less than perfect demands seperation from him meaning death. Thats why his plan has always been to bring about a creation that has is very life and that is satisfed by his righeosnss to share his love in harmany, Which is the Church through Jesus Christ our Lord.
Would you like to know more on this Tapero.

Upvote 0

lamblion

Mar 15, 2006
Houston, Tx
✟16,428.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
JPPT1974 said:
Tell me about it
As we all want to know more my friend!!
:thumbsup:
Ok, Well we all agree that God Knows all things.
So before he created anything Im sure he thought to himself- When I make these angels and give them freewill many will choose against me. And when I make man With freewill he also will fall in sin and condemn all mankind. So oviously God had a plan to save all from his wrath, that his justice demands if anything is less than perfect. God knowing all these things would happen incorporated every sin and fall into his plan. The reason the Church has been Gods plan is becuase it proves that to ALL mostly Satan that God has always been in contol and nothing has ever happen to make him worry. The Church is everything that creation adores and will honor in rulership. Many old testament saint wished they could have the opprotunity we have today, even the angels marvel at what God has done through Jesus Christ in the birth of the Church. Many Christians don't understand what they really are, they are the Very Children of The Living God, and posess his very Life like no other. Even Adam and the Women only had EVERLASTING LIFE ( theres a difference) Like to know more maybe about our rulership in Eternity, Who will we rule???? Any Scriptures

Upvote 0

tapero

Legend
Site Supporter
Apr 14, 2004
Visit site
✟88,544.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
lamblion said:
Ok, Well we all agree that God Knows all things.
So before he created anything Im sure he thought to himself- When I make these angels and give them freewill many will choose against me. And when I make man With freewill he also will fall in sin and condemn all mankind. So oviously God had a plan to save all from his wrath, that his justice demands if anything is less than perfect. God knowing all these things would happen incorporated every sin and fall into his plan. The reason the Church has been Gods plan is becuase it proves that to ALL mostly Satan that God has always been in contol and nothing has ever happen to make him worry. The Church is everything that creation adores and will honor in rulership. Many old testament saint wished they could have the opprotunity we have today, even the angels marvel at what God has done through Jesus Christ in the birth of the Church. Many Christians don't understand what they really are, they are the Very Children of The Living God, and posess his very Life like no other. Even Adam and the Women only had EVERLASTING LIFE ( theres a difference) Like to know more maybe about our rulership in Eternity, Who will we rule???? Any Scriptures

Hi Lamblion, You gave me the scripture re that we will rule the angels in heaven 1Corinthians-6:3 and I am thinking that we will rule those left on the earth, but I don't know the scripture which I would suppose might be in Revelation?

Please share more. Tapero

Upvote 0

lamblion

Mar 15, 2006
Houston, Tx
✟16,428.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
tapero said:
Hi Lamblion, You gave me the scripture re that we will rule the angels in heaven 1Corinthians-6:3 and I am thinking that we will rule those left on the earth, but I don't know the scripture which I would suppose might be in Revelation?

Please share more. Tapero
When Paul says we will rule Angels that just implies that we are above the angels. We will rule those left on earth, yet the angels come to us for instruction.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

tapero

Legend
Site Supporter
Apr 14, 2004
Visit site
✟88,544.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
lamblion said:
When Paul says we will rule Angels that just implies that we are above the angels. We will rule those left on earth, yet the angels come to us for instruction.

If we will no longer have any tears; and former things will have passed away; how will we rule others without crying for the sins of the world?

Upvote 0

lamblion

Mar 15, 2006
Houston, Tx
✟16,428.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
tapero said:
If we will no longer have any tears; and former things will have passed away; how will we rule others without crying for the sins of the world?

Their will be no need for tears of sin because we as ammbasators with christ will rule in Gods perfect Righteouness, and judge according the the Laws of God in Love. Those who eventually choose to go agaist God in Eternity will be corrected by us, his Children, who will only judge in Love, and death is no longer a option because Christ has defeated death on the cross.

Upvote 0

lamblion

Mar 15, 2006
Houston, Tx
✟16,428.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
tapero said:
I see what you mean. I suppose I was thinking about the millenial reign when there will still be sinners on the earth. You are talking about afterwards when all belong to Christ I think?
Their will always be a potienal for sin because freewill, will always exsist, and freewill always chooses against divine will at some point of time. Thats were our position comes in importance in Eternity. Man will always have freewill, giving him the potenal to choose against Gods will.
Before Christ died all who sinned were dommed for hell(seperation from God), but christ conqured death on the Cross. We now in Eternity will have the wills to rule and judge over those who will be on the New Earth. They will sin and we will decide to what the judgement will be in the Love of God

Upvote 0

DeaconDean

γέγονα χαλκὸς, κύμβαλον ἀλαλάζον
Jul 19, 2005
Gastonia N.C. (Piedmont of N.C.)
✟100,334.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The best and only answer I can give is this:

"Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God. He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love. In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him. Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins. Beloved, if God so loved us, we ought also to love one another. No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us. Hereby know we that we dwell in him, and he in us, because he hath given us of his Spirit." -1 John 4:7-13

That is the love of God, simply put.

"Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins." (v. 10) :preach:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

mlqurgw

Aug 19, 2005
kain tuck ee
✟8,844.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
To paraphrase Tozer, God is love is not a definition of God but a statement of one characteristic of His nature. God's love is in perfect harmony with all His other attributes: justice, righteousness, holiness, jealousness, mercy, graciousness, truth, power, wisdom etc. Many set up the love of God as an idol to be worshipped and by doing so worship a false god. God's love is in Christ and all who are not in Him have no right to rest in the love of God. John 3:36 says that the wrath of God is on the unbeliever not the love of God. Psa. 5:5 says that God hates all workers of iniquity, which is anyone who is not seen by God in Christ. Those whom God loves He has saved by the death of His Son. In perfect righteousness and justice He has wisely and powerfully loved all those who He has given to Christ in covenant. Mercy flows from the love of God but it must be in perfect harmony with His righteousness and justice. In Christ it does. Psa. 85:10

The kind of love that is commonly taught concerning God is a misunderstanding at least and a mangled mess at best. If I were to love as some folks believe God loves I would have been put in jail for child abuse, and rightly so. To say that God loves His children but can only stand by and call for them to get out of danger is akin to me standing on the side of the road while my child is in danger of being run over and doing nothing but calling them to get out of the way. Now if I truly love them I will snatch them out of danger by the best possible means. That is exactly what God has done.

Upvote 0

Gelert

Mar 19, 2006
Wales
Visit site
✟161.00
Faith
Baptist
First of all, I think God's love to us is something different for every one of us. One of the most well known Bible passages is John 3:16 which is an example of Gods love.

Gods love, to me, is infinitely powerful and undercribable. I once went to Soul Survivor and it is there I first had my experience of Gods love. It was SO powerful it moved me to tears. I don't know why I cried and I can't explain the precise feeling I had at the time, but I knew how much God loved me. And know that I will never know Gods love to its full potential because I think as a human being, we could not handle it. The full potential of His love, I think, will be revealed to us when we finally ascend to His kingdom.

Upvote 0

MAC

Is of God's Grace
Apr 11, 2003
Stockton, Ca
Visit site
✟579.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
lamblion said:
Can someone explain the love of God?

Two verses comes to mind and that is;

Isa 53:6 All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned, each one to his own way; and Jehovah has laid on Him the iniquity of us all.

2Co 5:21 For He has made Him who knew no sin, to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.