Prescott, Az
✟36,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
"What is the foremost precept of all? 29 Jesus answered him that "The foremost precept of all is: Hear, Israel! the Lord our God is one Lord." 30 And, You shall be loving the Lord God out of your whole heart, and out of your whole soul, and out of your whole comprehension, and out of your whole strength. This is the foremost precept."

Yeshua quotes what was commonly referred to as the Shema, taken from the first word,
marginally translated "Hear", but more accurately the Hebrew denotes Hearken="Listen and Obey".
This is the foremost precept. This is the reason we are given the Holy Spirit.
The Devarim of Moshe are only as effective as they are able to speak to you by your conscience.

1 John 3:6 Whoever abides in Him [The Lord, who is The Holy Spirit] does not sin.
Whoever sins has neither seen Him nor known Him.

When has the Torah ever been referred to as Him?

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,559.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I do believe with the help of God, we can be sinless
You can believe that it is not supported by scripture as 1john 1:8+9 says
Note the damping part, ' if we say we have no sin we decive ourselves and the Truth is Not in us.'

Is the truth in you?

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟470,517.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
You can believe that it is not supported by scripture as 1john 1:8+9 says
Note the damping part, ' if we say we have no sin we decive ourselves and the Truth is Not in us.'

Is the truth in you?
The scriptures also says:

Revelations 14:12 Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.

This verses seems to indicate that there are some who keep the commandments of God.

Jesus also provides the Spirit of Truth to help us know when we are sinning and help keep us from sinning.

John 14
Jesus Promises Another Helper
15 “If you love Me, keep My commandments. 16 And I will pray the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may abide with you forever— 17 the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him; but you know Him, for He dwells with you and will be in you. 18 I will not leave you orphans; I will come to you.

I am not saying I am free from sin, what I said is we need to try to keep His commandants and when we stumble, get back up and try harder. What is not possible on our own is possible with Him.

Do you not believe this?

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Mr. M
Upvote 0

Mr. M

Mar 9, 2020
Prescott, Az
✟36,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
This verses seems to indicate that there are some who keep the commandments of God.
I am not saying I am free from sin, what I said is we need to try to keep His commandants and when we stumble, get back up and try harder. What is not possible on our own is possible with Him.
Amen.
The commandments of God include the necessity to repent and forgive when we offend or are
offended.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,060,370.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Thank you for clarifying this for others:

Yeshua quotes what was commonly referred to as the Shema, taken from the first word,
marginally translated "Hear", but more accurately the Hebrew denotes Hearken="Listen and Obey".

Thanks again,

HARK!

• Friendly
Reactions: Mr. M
Upvote 0