What is the Evangelical Heritage Version?

JM

Augsburg Catholic
Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2004
Canada
✟749,596.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others

"Our translation is called Evangelical because its highest goal is to proclaim the good news of the gospel of salvation through faith in the atoning work of Jesus Christ, God’s eternal Son. Though there are many topics in the Bible, all of them are there to serve the gospel of Christ. All of our work in producing and distributing this translation is directed to the glory of God and to the eternal salvation of people’s souls.

Our translation is called Heritage because this word heritage looks to the past, the present, and the future.

Heritage expresses our respect for the generations of Christians and for the faithful translators who have passed the Bible down to us. We are aware that we in the present are building on the foundation which they have laid for us. As the old saying goes: We can see so far because we are standing on the shoulders of giants."

A nice edition to any Lutheran library.

Yours in the Lord,

jm

Shane R

Priest
Site Supporter
Jan 18, 2012
Southeast Ohio
✟569,137.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed
When I first started serving St. Matthew's NALC they were using that. I had never seen it before. The thing that bothered me was there was not a single hard copy of it anywhere in the building. So I had the secretary switch back to match the pew Bibles (NIV).

I asked around about EHV when I visited the ELDoNA synod and those guys weren't overly fond of it. One of them described it as any passage that was controversial in a commentary was given the most milquetoast, non-offensive possible rendering. I'm not going to say it's bad, because I don't have enough experience with it but there are absolutely no resources available to support it presently.

Upvote 0

JM

Augsburg Catholic
Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2004
Canada
✟749,596.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
I've listened ro reviews of the EHV and it sounds like the CSB with Lutheran flavor especially passages that talk about the Sacraments. The translators used traditional language rather than a literal translation of the words.

I'm interested in seeing where it goes if it does go anywhere.

Upvote 0