Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Hard to say. Geographically it’s similar to Arkansas. We do have a lot of caves to visit, though. Not sure what you’re looking for as far as an answer.
Fascinating! Would love to visit there one day :)

Reactions: Hammster
Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,224,031.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Fascinating! Would love to visit there one day :)
I went to college in St. Louis. It's a city of Northern charm and Southern efficiency as they say. I've been to Kansas City. Kansas City acts more Western while St. Louis doesn't have any of that. St. Louis seems much more like Cleveland than it seems like Kansas City. Aside from that you have rural Missouri and the part that is Ozarks. So the state has sort of four main biomes. Go and visit. The NE corner is quite close to you. There is a great Catholic bookstore I've been to in St. Joseph Missouri.

Upvote 0

Genenco

Don't mind me, I'm hiding.
Jan 9, 2023
Vancouver
✟8,666.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I spent two years in Cabool, MO. a rather unique experience as I'm west coast. I left a job (laid off) that paid $12 50 an hour, to find people busting butt for $5.15. luckily I found employment at $9 an hour and settled in for a bit.

The funny thing was, I was attending a "Set Free" ministries church and we would attend another to bolster their congregation. But talking to that pastor opened my eyes quite a bit regarding the bible.

Anyway, one of the SF congregants had a 4th of July party. He said he'd told some folks about it, they asked where, he gave the address and they responded "Oh. The old (name) place, sure we'll be there"

He'd bought the place 15 years prior, yet they still treated him as a "newcomer" but a LOT of people will greet you, put down an extra plate for you. I once had a propane heater, neighbor (1/2mile away) offered me a 50 gallon propane tank as "I shore don't need it with my new fireplace"

There was a lot to love there. Only issue was employment and my own silliness, which is why I left. If I'd have taken head out of anus, I'd probably still be there.

Upvote 0

_Dave_

Supporter
Jan 3, 2019
Arizona
✟144,719.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We moved to SW Missouri a little more than a year ago from California via a 7-year stop off first in Arizona. Long story short, Missouri has both states beat ... by a long shot. We love the area. We love the people. We love the relaxed attitude about recognizing personal freedoms. We love the lower gas prices and taxes. We love the gun-freedom. We love the emphasis during Christmas on Jesus Christ. Truth be told, the only thing we have found we don't like here is that Missouri is one of the states that has a personal property tax. I just can't get over the assault on my sense of private property. But, that's just me.

Like the previous commenter said, Missouri has several types of environment. Here in the Branson area it could hardly be compared to the big cities of St. Louis or Kansas City. Even going to the next-biggest city, Springfield, is like visiting a different state as far as we're concerned.

Many of the people here are what many would consider hillbillies, or rednecks. There is such a thing as "Missouri time" for hiring folks to get things done. But, in learning to adjust and fit in we have to realize that many of these folks have lived here for generations, and they have figured out the best way to do things considering the terrain and climate.

Driving around here is a completely different experience. Most of the country roads are narrow and have no shoulders. You go off the edge of the pavement and you're in a ditch or ravine. Period.

I don't know about the rest of Missouri, but around here we have two seasons. Tick and chigger season, and no ticks or chiggers season. Probably folks who live in town don't have to deal with it. But, it's a fact of life for us on our property, sometimes requiring three or more changes of clothes a day and a lot of time spent checking ourselves out in front of a mirror.

My final thought to share is that I say all the time that the worst day here beats the best days we have ever spent in California or Arizona.

Reactions: Hammster
Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟235,233.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
I went to college in St. Louis. It's a city of Northern charm and Southern efficiency as they say. I've been to Kansas City. Kansas City acts more Western while St. Louis doesn't have any of that. St. Louis seems much more like Cleveland than it seems like Kansas City. Aside from that you have rural Missouri and the part that is Ozarks. So the state has sort of four main biomes. Go and visit. The NE corner is quite close to you. There is a great Catholic bookstore I've been to in St. Joseph Missouri.
Thanks! God willing I will be there soon! :)

Upvote 0

Lazarus Short

Apr 6, 2016
Independence, Missouri, USA
✟294,142.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Missouri has the Ozarks, shared with Arkansas, Oklahoma and a tiny bit in Kansas. You need to experience it during your lifetime: caves, springs, cold streams and forests. I spent eight years in the Ozarks, and I wish I were there now.

Upvote 0