What is it necessary to be saved (Part 17).

Leonardo von Dolinger

May 28, 2021
UBERLÂNDIA
✟207,924.00
Country
Brazil
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
What is it necessary to be saved (Part 17).

16 – Faith:

• “Therefore it is of faith so that it might be according to grace; for the promise to be made sure to all the seed, not only to that which is of the Law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham, who is the father of us all” (Rom 4:16).
• “Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ.” (Rom 5:1).

It comes the question: “what is faith” and “in what ought we to be faith”?

Answering the first question:

• “Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen” (Heb 11.1)

From this verse we can see that faith implies on making people to see and firmly believe in what only us can visualize. That is to say, faith is to commit our lives to a dream that we hope for being reality, certain that we aren’t taking the risk of losing time, money, family, fame, etc.

In regard to Christ, are we ready to bet our lives abiding by all His commandments, even when all the circumstances are unfavorable or when our soul desire the opposite?

And what about Jesus’ promises? What are we doing so that all of them can be fulfilled in us? Once all that Jesus said is truth, why are we putting off the fulfillment of them (even more considering how fantastic they are)? Or do we excuse ourselves asserting that these promises are to the millennium or when we are in the eternity?

Do you recall what came about Israel’s people when they refused to take hold of the earth that the Creator promised to them?

• “Because all those men who have seen My glory and My miracles which I did in Egypt and in the wilderness, and have tempted Me now these ten times, and have not listened to My voice, surely they shall not see the land which I swore to their fathers, neither shall any of them that provoked Me see it.” (Num 14:22,23)
• “Say to them, As I live, says Jehovah, as you have spoken in My ears, so I will do to you. Your dead bodies shall fall in this wilderness, and all that were numbered of you, according to your whole number, from twenty years old and upward, who have murmured against Me,” (Num 14:28,29).

If we don’t take possession of what Jesus conquer for us, we are making Him liar:

• “He who believes on the Son of God has the witness in himself. *He who does not believe God has made Him a liar*, because he does not believe the record that God gave of His Son.” (1John 5:10)

So, may Jesus make us strong and of good courage so that we may be careful to do according to all that Jesus enjoined us (see Joshua 1.6,7). Have a good day delivering yourself thoroughly to Jesus’ thoughts and feelings.

Tomorrow we will answer the second question (if Jesus allows).