What is it necessary to be saved (Part 15).

Leonardo von Dolinger

May 28, 2021
UBERLÂNDIA
✟207,924.00
Country
Brazil
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
What is it necessary to be saved (Part 15).

14 – The preaching of the gospel:

• “For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God unto salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek.” (Rom 1:16).
• “For the *preaching of the cross* is foolishness to those being lost, but to us being saved, it is the power of God.” (1Co 1:18).
• “But to them, the called-out ones, both Jews and Greeks, Christ is the power of God and the wisdom of God.” (1Co 1:24).

This can be obvious. Nonetheless, it comes the question: what kind of gospel can it save? Many preachers emphasize prosperity in the world. Through covetousness they, with feigned words, make merchandise of people (2Peter 2.3) that have itching ears, that is to say, that do not endure the sound doctrine; but heap to themselves teachers after their own lusts (2Ti 4.3).

Paul warned about this:

• “Brothers, be imitators together of me, and mark those who walk this way, for you have us for a pattern. (For many are walking, of whom I have told you often and now tell you even weeping, as the enemies of the cross of Christ; whose end is destruction, whose god is their belly, and whose glory is in their shame, those who mind earthly things.). For our citizenship is in Heaven,…” (Php 3.17-20)

The true gospel is the “word of the cross”. Through this gospel, we don’t answer to the appeals of this world, neither we serve still of this world (Gal 6.14), inasmuch as the world only mind the things of men, being, thus, stumbling-block to us (Matthew 6.23).

See the difference:

• “For He whom God has sent speaks the Words of God, for God does not give the Spirit by measure.” (Joh 3:34).

• “They are of the world, therefore they speak of the world, and the world hears them.” (1Jn 4:5).

So, may go out of our mouth only the genuine gospel, which is good to building up, which may impart grace to the ones hearing (Eph 4.29). Namely:

• “And He said to all, If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow Me.” (Luk 9:23).

Have a good day receiving in meekness the implanted Word (the crucified Jesus) in you, which is able to save our souls (James 1.21).