Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
St. Faustina Kowalska said that in hell ‘there are caverns and torture pits where each type of agony differs from the other.’

In the history of the Catholic Church various saints and blesseds have described what hell is like and even exactly where “bad Christians” would be placed, based on visions and messages they received during their lives.

Hell’s Structure

St. Teresa of Ávila, a doctor of the Church, related in her Autobiography that when the Lord showed her hell it seemed to her that she was in an “entrance that seemed to me like a very long, narrow alley, like a very low, dark, and narrow furnace: The floor seemed to me to be like mud, with a pestilential smell.”

St. Frances of Rome was also at the entrance to hell. According to the testimony of her confessor, Father Juan Mattiotti, there she “saw an extremely great and terrible abyss.” In addition, there was a sign with this warning: “This is hell, where there is neither rest, nor consolation, nor hope.”

Continued below.

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,675,011.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Euthymios

Dec 18, 2023
Mckinney
✟11,067.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
St. Faustina Kowalska said that in hell ‘there are caverns and torture pits where each type of agony differs from the other.’

In the history of the Catholic Church various saints and blesseds have described what hell is like and even exactly where “bad Christians” would be placed, based on visions and messages they received during their lives.

Hell’s Structure

St. Teresa of Ávila, a doctor of the Church, related in her Autobiography that when the Lord showed her hell it seemed to her that she was in an “entrance that seemed to me like a very long, narrow alley, like a very low, dark, and narrow furnace: The floor seemed to me to be like mud, with a pestilential smell.”

St. Frances of Rome was also at the entrance to hell. According to the testimony of her confessor, Father Juan Mattiotti, there she “saw an extremely great and terrible abyss.” In addition, there was a sign with this warning: “This is hell, where there is neither rest, nor consolation, nor hope.”

Continued below.
Remember, the three children of Fatima had a simultaneous vision of hell. There's no such thing as group hallucinations in the psychological literature. These children really saw something. I've listened to a lot of NDE hell testimonies. Many people have died and claimed to be in hell, and were revived. Due to modern medical resuscitation technology, many people are coming back to life, and testifying to heavenly states, hellish states, and out of body consciousness.

Reactions: RileyG
Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟243,234.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Remember, the three children of Fatima had a simultaneous vision of hell. There's no such thing as group hallucinations in the psychological literature. These children really saw something. I've listened to a lot of NDE hell testimonies. Many people have died and claimed to be in hell, and were revived. Due to modern medical resuscitation technology, many people are coming back to life, and testifying to heavenly states, hellish states, and out of body consciousness.
I believe St. John the Cross says we shouldn't necessarily trust all private revelation. (not referring to Fatima, which is officially approved by the Church).

I find NDE's fascinating, there was an atheist turned UCC pastor that had a NDE of himself in hell and later believed in God. I forgot his name.

Upvote 0

Euthymios

Dec 18, 2023
Mckinney
✟11,067.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I believe St. John the Cross says we shouldn't necessarily trust all private revelation. (not referring to Fatima, which is officially approved by the Church).

I find NDE's fascinating, there was an atheist turned UCC pastor that had a NDE of himself in hell and later believed in God. I forgot his name.
Probably Howard Storm, former atheist.

Upvote 0