South East London, England
✟19,598.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Greens
Good question...and one that I have to admit that I don't know the answer to.

I'm not too sure about an actual being (apart from Jesus, of course). I think that God is a force, but as such He has the power to manifest Himself into anything that He wants to be (if that makes sense? :D).

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,135.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hi, Jane!
Do you guys believe that god is an actual being or a force out there? Or both?
I believe God is an actual Person, Who can't be confined to time and space.

Upvote 0

Emmy

Senior Veteran
Feb 15, 2004
✟50,995.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Dear janejenkins1. God is Holy Spirit, God is everywhere, and God sees everything. God-Father, He created us in His image. God-Son, who became incarnate to come to Earth as our Saviour. And God-Holy Spirit, who is in the world now to finish the work which Jesus began. Three persons, but ONE GOD. God our Heavenly Father, Jesus our Intercessor, who pleads our prayers to God, and God Holy Spirit, who teaches the world about God, and guides, and teaches Mankind. All working together to redeem Mankind. I say tthis humbly and kindly, jane. Greetings from Emmy, sister in Christ.

Upvote 0

Radagast

comes and goes
Site Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
We all believe with the heart, and confess with the mouth, that there is one only simple and spiritual Being, which we call God; and that he is eternal, incomprehensible, invisible, immutable, infinite, almighty, perfectly wise, just, good, and the overflowing fountain of all good... we believe in one only God, who is the one single essence, in which are three persons, really, truly, and eternally distinct, according to their incommunicable properties; namely, the Father, and the Son, and the Holy Ghost. The Father is the cause, origin and beginning of all things visible and invisible; the Son is the word, wisdom, and image of the Father; the Holy Ghost is the eternal power and might, proceeding from the Father and the Son. Nevertheless God is not by this distinction divided into three... (Belgic Confession)

Upvote 0

Angeloffire

Son of God
Jul 21, 2008
Visit site
✟8,325.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Do you guys believe that god is an actual being or a force out there? Or both?

The thing about God is that we tend to think that flesh is real and spirit is the mystical unreal.....actually the opposite is true. The Spirit hovered over the water and created earth as we know it and also created us, then breathed life into us.

The bible says that God is all-Spirit, a consuming Fire, all and in all, and a Person...... Nothing exist outside of Him, which means that He is in everything you see, the rocks, trees, etc.

He is Life itself yet fully able to lead people with a pillar of fire while simultaneously to hear every thought in your head! How cool!

Upvote 0