What is everyone doing during "Lock down/Social Distancing"?

MarkRohfrietsch

Unapologetic Apologist
Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2007
✟829,080.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
I hope everyone here is doing well.

I don't know about everyone else, but I have been reloading. I likely, after today, will have enough ammo for the next 3 years; 9mm, .40 S&W, .45 ACP, .38 Special (both target and + P), and today, I will be finishing off the last of my .223 components. I have two Lee Pro1000s and an old Lyman Turret Press. I have been able to order in components, and this has really helped me pass the time.

I return to work tomorrow after being off almost 6 weeks. It is going to be interesting how we can run with close to 300 people and maintain social distancing. My processes have been sitting idle all this time, so tomorrow, I try and get everything up and running. Thursday and Friday, we verify processes. Both shifts are in on those days for standard work retraining, as we strive to maintain social distancing. Production resumes on Monday. I have not yet seen the forecasts, but am anticipating a reduced production demand, possibly for some time.

Since we have had dramatically declining infection rates in our province, our government is anticipating a phased in return to normalcy, possibly beginning in two to four weeks; providing we can avoid another wave of increasing infection.

Blessings and well wishes to all!

Monksailor

Adopted child of God.
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2017
Port town on west (tan sands) shore line of MI
Visit site
✟187,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Samo, samo....... I'm homebody. Only went out and exposed myself every two weeks or so before virus. I was trained as a child in making most of trips to procure supplies. We had a family of four=went in to town once per week for all supplies and to do laundry, my job alone and about 15 washer loads while the rest did the shopping, even bought my clothes w/o me there. You learn to get all you will need or do w/o just like people are doing in this time. Making a week or two worth of scheduled meals helps with grocery list. But just continuing the work on house which has been in progress since b4 virus-supplies already procured.

Glad you are getting such a stock pile of ammo. When the Chinese invade I will count on you. Hope you are a good marksman. Killing is what that tool was designed to do; enemy combatants (war and self-defense) and food. It has a good and honorable use.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Darkhorse

just horsing around
Aug 10, 2005
mid-Atlantic
Visit site
✟288,141.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
We're doing the usual things, for the most part. My wife already worked from home (pre-virus), and we're not social butterflies or travelers. Two trips per week into town for supplies (we live in the country) and drive-in church on Sunday, that's about it.

Our shooting range is the backyard (5 acres), which we can use anytime, but haven't lately.
Might need to do some practice pretty soon...

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I just finished making a portable shooting bench. Screw on pipe legs, carpeted top, adjustable padded rest. Can't wait to take it for a spin.

Shooting bench.JPG

Upvote 0

Darkhorse

just horsing around
Aug 10, 2005
mid-Atlantic
Visit site
✟288,141.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I just finished making a portable shooting bench. Screw on pipe legs, carpeted top, adjustable padded rest. Can't wait to take it for a spin.

That looks pretty good - I may make one of those also.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
That looks pretty good - I may make one of those also.

Went shooting last Sunday. Worked great. You can buy a folding bench for about the same cost as the one I made, but I like to make things, and I wanted a carpeted bench.

Shot groups, .22 LR. Left at 50 yds. Right at 25 yds. Groups would be tighter but I've got a cataract developing in my right eye, makes things a bit fuzzy. When I get that fixed I can shoot much better.

Shot groups.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

Unqualified

243 God loves me
Site Supporter
Aug 17, 2020
West of Mississippi
✟418,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Shooting is now like archery, for non violent purposes too... it’s a skill to learn and teach your kids responsibility and care; to put meat on table and to follow directions.
I have been reloading too. I have a hand press so it’s more difficult. 40, 380 auto and 6.5x53r an antique. That and black powder cartridges are my favorite to reload and shoot. Have a club where I go, it’s open with SD.

Upvote 0