New Jersey
✟336,336.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I strongly prefer egalitarian marriage, in which spouses share household duties (including child care) and divide up tasks according to which person has the most interest and ability in each particular task. (If there's a chore that nobody wants to do, then try to divide that one up equally or do it together.) I base this on principles like loving your neighbor as yourself and treating other people the way you want to be treated, both of which are mentioned multiple times in the Bible.

What do you mean when you say "Companionship can only go so far with them since we cannot be vulnerable"? If neither partner is vulnerable, that doesn't sound like a good start on a marriage relationship.

Upvote 0

QuestionQuest74

Oct 12, 2023
Fort Lauderdale
✟23,412.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I strongly prefer egalitarian marriage, in which spouses share household duties (including child care) and divide up tasks according to which person has the most interest and ability in each particular task. (If there's a chore that nobody wants to do, then try to divide that one up equally or do it together.) I base this on principles like loving your neighbor as yourself and treating other people the way you want to be treated, both of which are mentioned multiple times in the Bible.

What do you mean when you say "Companionship can only go so far with them since we cannot be vulnerable"? If neither partner is vulnerable, that doesn't sound like a good start on a marriage relationship.
Vulnerable men are looked at as weak by most women

• Agree
Reactions: Aussie Pete
Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Besides caring for children what are they supposed to provide for the man they are with ?

Companionship can only go so far with them since we cannot be vulnerable

So honestly what is the role

Biblical Scripture are appreciated
God gave Eve to Adam to be a "suitable helper". My wife is my best friend. She also cares for me. She knows when I'm overdoing it in the garden. She'll interrupt by offering me a cup of tea. That's a sort of gentle hint that I should take a break. She notices if I'm overtired. She prays for me all the time and is just a joy to be around. She is the kind of person that most people instantly warm to.

She is not at all pushy. She suggests and advises, not demands. I take what she says seriously. I don't follow her advice all the time. I'm not under her spell or anything like that.

We discuss everything of any importance. I prefer to be in agreement before making an important decision. If we are both in tune with Jesus, that is easy. And that is key. We both take our relationship with Jesus seriously. We fellowship together. I've learned the hard way how important it is to keep in tune with Lord Jesus.

Upvote 0

seeker2122

Sep 29, 2022
Sarasota
✟38,130.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The Bible says clearly the two roles for man and woman (Ephesians 5:22-29)
The woman is to obey.
The man is to sacrifice.

(This is significant in that both actually are meant to apply to the life of a christian man or woman....so God is very intelligent
in how he does this).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Paidiske

Clara bonam audax
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2016
Albury, Australia
Visit site
✟1,507,169.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Besides caring for children what are they supposed to provide for the man they are with ?
Whatever they agree to between them. There are no hard and fast rules about this.
Refusing to be vulnerable is likely to set you up for a pretty shallow marriage.

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,678.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Vulnerable men are looked at as weak by most women
It does not matter what worldly and selfish women think of you. All you need is one woman worthy of your trust, and she can really get to know you and love you and know how to help you.

It is special to be vulnerable and discover who the women are who know how to bless you and help you. But be strong so you can love and help certain women who can't handle honest sharing. There are ones who can be abusive and unforgiving and conceited: offer them your kindness and pray for them.

To me, being vulnerable means I let people see the truth about me. And I let them see how I am feeling. And I warn them about how I can be wrong, so they can be wise to me and not fall for me.

I encourage them not to be foolish by evaluating me only by what I look like and how I can act nice and talk smart. So, I love them by telling them about things that do not show.

I do this because I have seen how certain women can be fools for how men act. They need to get with God so they can tell the difference and not get hooked by charm and used and wasted like toilet paper.

Of course this makes me vulnerable to attack and criticism. But I pray to be ready for rejection and to forgive anyone who does not forgive me.

Here is one scriptural example of how God uses Christian ladies to help men >

1 Peter 3:1-4

There are women like this whom you can trust. They can see how you really are and they do not take advantage of your weakness and failure, and you aren't fooling them. They care about you.

And a woman like this is one to marry. So, it is good to share with ladies like this, so you know how to relate with woman who are trustworthy and not vain.

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟907,158.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

So honestly what is the role

Biblical Scripture are appreciated
Provide-
" to supply or make available "

A marriage between a man and woman is a reciprocal union. Her needs and your needs should be met with selflessness and not selfishness.

Blessings.

Reactions: Paidiske
Upvote 0