Florida
✟121,493.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
To you what is a day of worship?To me a day of worship is just thanking God for all you have,and just be thankful for everything and everyone that is in your life,and never taking anything or anyone for granted.

Last edited:

maintenance man

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2018
California
Visit site
✟486,095.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
To me a day of worship is just thanking God for all you have,and just be thankful for everything and everyone that is in your life,and never taking anything or anyone for granted.

That's every day.

Upvote 0

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟325,251.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
To you what is a day of worship?To me a day of worship is just thanking God for all you have,and just be thankful for everything and everyone that is in your life,and never taking anything or anyone for granted.

Participating in the Divine Liturgy.

Upvote 0

Southernscotty

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2018
Arkansas
✟504,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
Sabbath day is spent glorifying God in whatever circumstance I may be at that time. The first part is usually spent preaching the Word of God in church, Then the latter part of the day in prayer and thanks.

Reactions: sunshine100
Upvote 0

Shempster

ImJustMe
Site Supporter
Dec 28, 2014
✟258,881.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I think that the Sabbath day is a day where people were in a sense forced to pay God some attention.
After all, you can't work at all, so what else is there to do? Think. Pray. Relate to others. Study the scriptures, etc.
So I might guess that most people would neglect much of that if they did not have one day specifically devoted to God....much like today. Practically nobody observes the sabbath anymore.
The irony is that in past times, religious leaders turned what was supposed to be a blessing into a curse.
People could be fined, shamed, or shunned for breaking the rules.

The reality is that the sabbath is just a microcosm of what God wants from us...our complete attention and devotion all of the time. Every day. Every night. Every minute. He wants continuous open communication with us. Even when we work. People often get so caught up in work and hobbies that they close a door to God. Jesus showed how it was acceptable to break the rules of the law in the name of love because love supersedes everything. The law of love supersedes human laws in God's eyes.

The image of the sabbath is a time of rest. Yes, our bodies need a time of rest but there is a much bigger spiritual picture here. The "rest" is actually a spiritual place of comfort and peace where the burdens of the world no longer chain us down and wear us out.
Knowing God and walking in the way, living according to the truth and experiencing abundant life fulfills the obedience of the sabbath.
Ultimately, it is a picture of life in the new heavens and the new earth where sin will no longer affect us in any way. But God wants us to experience that now as well.

This is just the way I see it.

Upvote 0